Site Search:

Speak Korean Now!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The most haunted places in Korea
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> General Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gartonator

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2009 10:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yup, she might have been... if you like to think of psychedelics from a physiological perspective, you could say it just blends your awake and sleeping consciousness so there's little difference

and then if you like to think of psychedelics from a shaman's perspective, the plant is an undeniably female spirit that sometimes has malevolent intentions towards humans... and I forgot to mention, some shamans of other plants see nightshade as the antithesis to say, mushrooms or ayahuasca, and they'll actually perform ceremonies to 'cleanse' a person who has done nightshade, and supposedly a very in tune shaman of other plants can sense whether or not a person has done nightshade purely by being in the same room as them

like i say, if you go down this road, do your research! but if it's dragons you seek, here be dragons!
Jane

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2009 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

haha.I was just reading that big foot thread...even Korean monsters or yeti stare at foreigners!

But really, I had a friend years ago in Ulsan, who claimed she had a sixth sense. She said one day, she was walking through an old park in Ulsan, and she could hear the voices of all the dead people who had died there. She said there was an overwhelming amount of children's voices. She couldn't respond because here Korean wasn't that good.
Daegudavid

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2009 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sergio Stefanuto wrote:
Yaya wrote:
Anyplace where the Brits or French hang out.

The French are famous for their superb taste, so you won't find any in Korea.

Haha. Yeah, that's true.
bakagai4649

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2009 3:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

gartonator wrote:
Also, if you really want to see some ghosts in Korea (or anywhere) go to your local plant shop during the warmer months, buy a nightshade plant, boil a few (like 3 or 4) flowers in water for 20 minutes, then drink the concoction somewhere safe, with sober friends watching over you, and do NOT take too much

Thanks for a how-to for tripping balls but I'm going to have to pass on that.

I just like seeing old places with creepy history's and hearing the ghost story's from different cultures
Jeweltone

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2009 10:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In the crappy part of Byeongjeom (Line 2), there is a whole area said to be haunted. If you go left right outside of the station, you will see an overpass in the distance. Walk all the way down past the anmas, go under the public bathroom...er...underpass, and keep walking.

There will be a dog meat farm on your right, and an apartment complex (Shangrila) soon after. The road becomes bumpy and harsh, then joins the highway.

The whole area used to be used for some kind of pig killing demonic (shamanistic?) ritual, or so I have been told by a local. Several people who are attuned to "spiritual activity" say there is something very very "wrong" about the land on which the complex is built on; one spiritually-savvy friend of mine took off like a bat out of hell after dropping me off one night, and said there was evil around there. She was not the only one who noticed it.

It might also have to do with the Jeom Ri Massacre (the Japanese wiped out an entire village in a particularly nasty manner), which happened a few miles further away.

Oh yeah, I used to live in the complex. All I ever really noticed was an air of extreme depression and darkness (not being someone who notices "wooji-wooji" typically), but it was very oppressive, and I spent as little time as possible in the officetel.

PS. I'm not sure if Suwon University still uses the building to house its singles, but if they do, stay away! The building is also falling apart! Rolling Eyes
Groznyji

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2010 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sergio Stefanuto wrote:

What a nasty comment. It also happens to be wrong.
TheUrbanMyth

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2010 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The most haunted places in Korea are the majority of SLP hakwons

I swear you can still hear the moans of tortured Foreign English Teachers who used to work there in the classrooms and hallways... Wink
tigershark

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2010 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone want to go on a ghost hunting trip with me??? I'll bring the SHHHHHHHHHmores??? anyone??
DrugstoreCowgirl

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2010 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tigershark wrote:
Anyone want to go on a ghost hunting trip with me??? I'll bring the SHHHHHHHHHmores??? anyone??

I'm quite inspired to look for some ghosts now!
thomas pars

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2010 10:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the haunted hills are nothing really. there are several around the world. and one really close to my home town. it is nothing more than an optical illusion. And to prove it road surveyors have come out and seen that the incline is actually a decline.
thomas pars

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2010 11:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nightshade is what socrates drank to kill himself. go ahead and drink it. i am sure you'll have a great trip.
AustSaint

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2010 11:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cool thread, I have always enjoyed reading about ghosts and am curious, giving Korea's long history about their ghosts.
fortysixyou

PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2010 1:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Groznyji wrote:
Sergio Stefanuto wrote:

Why the deuce did you resurrect this thread?

You just wanted to point out that something a poster said a year ago is wrong?
ashland

PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2010 1:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hamilton hotel in itaewon.
Groznyji

PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2010 2:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

fortysixyou wrote:
Groznyji wrote:
Sergio Stefanuto wrote:

Why the deuce did you resurrect this thread?

You just wanted to point out that something a poster said a year ago is wrong?

I didn't even notice the date when I commented. I found this thread while looking for haunted places, saw the comment, and felt that I should point out that Korea is not in any way inferior to any other country in matters as subjective as "taste." I thought it was a mean, not to mention false, comment and saw that no one challenged it. I wanted to add my two cents, that's all.

But basically, yes. I wanted to point out that something a poster said a year ago is both wrong and mean.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> General Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 2 of 6

Jump to: