Site Search:

TEFL International Supports Dave's ESL Cafe
TEFL Courses, TESOL Course, English Teaching Jobs - TEFL International
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Walking and texting at the same time

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> General Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
atwood

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2014 4:24 am    Post subject: Walking and texting at the same time Reply with quote

Danger. Will Robinson, danger!
http://www.dailydot.com/technology/japan-smartphone-psa/
le-paul

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2014 4:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Drives me nuts when people do that Evil or Very Mad

People seem to have bad enough peripheral vision these days as it is without shortening it to 17cms away from their stomachs!

Its only my spider sense that stopped me hitting a lamp post on Monday, I'm sure I would have been able to carry it off though, and look like I hit it on purpose...

(that videos pretty funny - we'll be reading about accidents in the news soon like the GPS that sent someone into the sea).
Died By Bear

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2014 11:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did you see the FB video *very gruesome*

Texting and driving, people's bodies were all over the road. Really makes you think twice about looking away from the road.

WARNING NSFW EXTREME GRUESOME GRAPHIC VIDEO

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=840041329344360

At first I thought, why aren't they bleeding? But after reading about how people don't bleed when their hearts don't pump. Waxy complexion is a sign of underperfusion which happens when you have no cardiac output.

The lafaietense society is still shocked by the tragic accident occurred on the afternoon of December 6, around 17:00 hours, in the BR 040 sense Hafizabad to Cristiano Otoni.

According to the Federal Highway Police (PRF), a Ford Fiesta plate GVL 2675, alright in Hafizabad and a Volvo truck collided head-on 4686 JKH plate at km 641 of via. The highway was completely closed for two hours, which caused a big traffic jam in the area. The transit was released after the 19:30 hours.

In the accident died Iury Almeida, Alisson Vieira, Alessandra Xavier and Ana Paula Paiva. Victor Leroy, 18 years, with poly trauma, was transferred to St. Joseph's maternity hospital in serious condition, and later to Pope John XXIII, in Belo Horizonte. Your painting today is stable. The youths were between 16 to 20 years. Several versions have been disseminated among the people and friends of the victims, the Civil Police and Technical Expertise to investigate the cause of the tragedy. There are reports that young people returning from a waterfall. Edivaldo Jose da silva, driver of the truck, was driven to the Maternity hospital and St. Joseph only with bruises on the face. Seven with three military vehicles and cars also SAMU participated in the rescue.

According to the PRF youngsters were designed for the asphalt, which leads the cops to suspect that they were not using seat belts. Two young men have lost their head about the clash between the vehicles. Social networks friends and family make a chain of prayer for the recovery of the young Vitor Leroy.

Is whipping out your iPhone and filming helpless people on the brink of death to make a cheap point worth more than...oh, never mind.

Last edited by Died By Bear on Thu Apr 03, 2014 8:11 am; edited 1 time in total
Squire

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2014 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't walk and text. When I've tried it I'm usually concentrating on glancing up every two seconds so I don't walk into anything, at which point I forget what I'm trying to type out or make mistakes, and typically I would slow to such a low speed of walking anyway that it's faster just to stop somewhere, send the message then carry on. Might as well just call someone at that point
le-paul

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2014 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Died By Bear wrote:

Texting and driving, people's bodies were all over the road. Really makes you think twice about looking away from the road.

WARNING NSFW

WWHHHAAT!!!?? Shocked

come on, theres no way thats real! What are they doing just walking about filming on their cameras while people need help?

If it is real, thats a mess of people there... dear me...
Died By Bear

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2014 7:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apparently those people had just come up on the scene. Yeah, it's not uncommon for that to happen. Pretty crappy thing to do. That scene is 100% real and that's what dead and dying people look like. The girl that is laying face up with the weird breathing had two broken femurs, her leg looks huge because it's filled with blood. Bilateral broken femurs can cause up to 3 liters of internal blood loss. That is at least enough to cause profound shock and most likely enough to kill her....Add that to the significant head injury and most likely a spinal cord injury and that what a dead teen looks like.
jvalmer

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2014 7:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

le-paul wrote:
Died By Bear wrote:

WARNING NSFW

WWHHHAAT!!!?? Shocked

come on, theres no way thats real! What are they doing just walking about filming on their cameras while people need help?

If it is real, thats a mess of people there... dear me...

At that point, they're pretty much dead, can't do anything to help them. Not sure if most people can literally stomach holding a person's hand in the condition they were in.
Steelrails

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2014 7:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awww dude...I can handle some gore, but the NSFW tag usually has me thinking more raunchy than gorey. It's my fault for not reading the post under. I guess a WARNING- Graphic Images or such would have been better. I was kinda hoping for a chick texting and falling into a water fountain and losing her top, especially cuz I'm getting my buzz on. That was a buzz kill...hope I don't have bad dreams.

Anyways, as I said, its my fault. I should have read the post. I've got a long drive tomorrow and this is a good dose of reality and a reminder to drive defensively. Thanks for the heads up.

And I just saw the *very gruesome* tag too...crap...not paying attention...bad omen...well, hopefully this is the caution that gets me there A-OK.

Think I'm going to start out an hour early and take it nice and slow...
Died By Bear

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2014 8:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Remember one of our own (JognoGuru) was killed in a car/motorcycle accident a couple of years ago. Be safe out there.

So I probably derailed a walk n text subject, will bow out of this thread and let it hopefully go back to it's original intent; walking/texting.
r2b2ct

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2014 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow. I kind of wish I didn't click that link...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> General Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: