Site Search:

Speak Korean Now!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Chat With Beauties girl in hot water over book dissing Korea
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> General Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sakamoto

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2009 11:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

endo wrote:
Sakamoto wrote:
pkang0202 wrote:
Misuda girls are full of crap. Anyone catch that episode where they bashed foreign guys with Korean girls?

They did not bash them. They pointed out, quite correctly, that even those who are losers back home still do quite well in Korea. That is true: just being white is enough to get all the in-out/in-out you could ever want in Korea. The real problem is that the lucky bums would rather believe that they do better in Korea because the women back home can't see that they are obviously superior men, whereas the Korean wonem can. So there feelings are hurt at the mention that even a three-headed guy would be banging like crazy provided he was white.

Yeah, you're a moron.

Spoken like someone who doesn't know the dating scene of many other foreigners here in Korea.

I know plenty of guys who had dry spells. Just becuase you are a foreigner, it doesn't mean you will automatically get lucky.

Simply put, guys who couldn't get a date back home will have the same troubles here. This is also the case with many newbies, who buy into the beleif that all foreigners are treated like gold when they come to Korea.

Guys who dated back home, will do quite well here. Granted they are decent looking and can make a girl laugh.

Guys who could play the field back home will be fishing in a kid's pool here in Korea. Just keep your girls in different parts of the city. It's large enough to do so.

Apparently mine too are a sore point, eh? Accept teh truth, my friend, and it will set you free.
Elvis Gratton

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 12:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's great. I bet they trash talk Koreans even more than we do behind their backs. After all, we have to pretend to like Korean kids. They have to pretent to like ajeoshis.
endo

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 12:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sakamoto wrote:

Apparently mine too are a sore point, eh? Accept teh truth, my friend, and it will set you free.

What does that even mean?
gakduki

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 7:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think many people's perception of the Misuda girls is all wrong. First of all they can't be all that dumb, they do speak Korean and are in university, which makes them no dumber than the average English teacher.
Secondly, although they might not be drop dead gorgeous in their home countries(above average for the most part) they are better looking than msny of the foriegner's i've seen here.
I smell jealousy. They might say bad things about the English teacher's and soldiers here (which is apparently scripted,) but really they aren't the only ones making fun of us. Let's face it, we aren't perfect and neither are they. On average they are just as smart as we are, they are typically better looking, and they get to have more fame then we do. At least the one girl got her book published, kudo's to her. And if any Misuda woman is reading this, feel free to PM me, i'm not looking for a GF. just someone who sees a different side of Korea than most people on this board to chat with.
tremendous

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 7:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

gakduki wrote:
I think many people's perception of the Misuda girls is all wrong. First of all they can't be all that dumb, they do speak Korean and are in university, which makes them no dumber than the average English teacher.
Secondly, although they might not be drop dead gorgeous in their home countries(above average for the most part) they are better looking than msny of the foriegner's i've seen here.
I smell jealousy. They might say bad things about the English teacher's and soldiers here (which is apparently scripted,) but really they aren't the only ones making fun of us. Let's face it, we aren't perfect and neither are they. On average they are just as smart as we are, they are typically better looking, and they get to have more fame then we do. At least the one girl got her book published, kudo's to her. And if any Misuda woman is reading this, feel free to PM me, i'm not looking for a GF. just someone who sees a different side of Korea than most people on this board to chat with.

You might be surprised to find out that some of the better known handles on here are in fact 'Misuda women'.
earthbound14

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 7:42 am    Post subject: Re: Chat With Beauties girl in hot water over book dissing K Reply with quote

Adventurer wrote:
Westerners do not portray in their countries Koreans in a really negative light the way the Korean media savages the image of Westerners in this country. It strikes me that Korea has too much of an undemocratic spirit when it comes to cultural exchanges and understanding.

Just highlightin some fine words.
Epicurus

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 7:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't get the uproar.

Many of the girl's comments were spot on, though I don't understand some others

aka

tough for vegetarians? their main dish is always rice and kimchi!

her K-bf doesn't pay enough attention to her? what does this mean? they've been trained already by K-gals to carry purses, text 100x a day and otherwise be useful when needed.

what's the issue with miniskirts, etc? sure the K-gals show leg, and after all, as another poster notes, it's by far their best asset, and they really don't show anything else.

having just come back from stateside, I can easily state that K-gals don't come even remotely close to their Western sisters when it comes to baring skin in the summertime (or at any time) even if many of the Westerners would be better off not showing us any at all and instead donning a burkha)

but when you do get a fine Western woman in a pair of tight shorts, or jeans and a flimsy top, nothing or no one in Korea can come even remotely close in matching such a woman for "looking hot". There's something magnetic about curves yet undisturbed by age and gravity and their effect on a man. 99% of K-gals don't have this "curve" blessing/curse Very Happy
Chambertin

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 7:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CA-NA-DA-ABC wrote:
Chambertin wrote:
Remember that Lotte is a Japanese company sucking the blood of Korea. KeK.

I just had to point out that this isn't true.
Lotte operations in Japan and Korea are separate entities and are incorporated in their respective countries, and pay taxes to respective governments.

In Japan, the Lotte group of companies had advertising campaigns emphasizing its ties to Korea.

and of course the president and CEO is an ethnic Korean Wink

It is good you can google search. However as I pointed out in the last post KeK is LOL in Blizzard speak. The quoted piece was sarcasim, but the main point was that many Koreans still believe Lotte is evil Japan bearing down on them isnt changing as fast as people are commenting on my statement.

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&source=hp&q=kek&aq=f&oq=&aqi=

^ Seeing as you can use google to comment on the Lotte, can people please start using it to check KeK also, it is the 3rd result on the list....
earthbound14

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 8:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Captain Corea wrote:
^^ yeah, I've gotta' say, I had far more back home than I ever did here.

I'm batting 50/50...all same same for me.

The idea that some ugly guy can come to Korea and pick up because he is white is way out to lunch. The fact is....Korean girls say, if you are a less than attractive Korean girl and you can't get a date....go white.

I don't think Korean men have much to worry wbout. Most foreign men here are just happy when a Korean girl (almost any Korean girl) pays attention to them. I've dated a few girls Korean guys wouldn't date...but they (some Korean men, please don't read that as all) don't seem to become back stabbing shmucks until you snag one of the pretty ones. God, I hate when some bartending wank tries to pick up my wife....when she is sitting next to me assuming I don't know any Korean.
Sakamoto

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 8:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

gakduki wrote:

Precisely.
Epicurus

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 8:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

earthbound14 wrote:
Captain Corea wrote:
^^ yeah, I've gotta' say, I had far more back home than I ever did here.

The idea that some ugly guy can come to Korea and pick up because he is white is way out to lunch. The fact is....Korean girls say, if you are a less than attractive Korean girl and you can't get a date....go white.

I don't think Korean men have much to worry wbout. Most foreign men here are just happy when a Korean girl (almost any Korean girl) pays attention to them. I've dated a few girls Korean guys wouldn't date...but they (some Korean men, please don't read that as all) don't seem to become back stabbing shmucks until you snag one of the pretty ones. God, I hate when some bartending wank tries to pick up my wife....when she is sitting next to me assuming I don't know any Korean.

I agree with you for the most part.

but,

I never consider Korean guys "competition", because the bag toting flower boy just isn't - even if he actually "is" - know what I mean?

Other than the language barrier (which is very important in most cases, you need to make a girl laugh, feel good with you/around you) you're battling other cultural issues, even if it's a "I'm horny, one night stand" kind of deal.

Capt Korea is a good example. His lifting physique stateside probably has worked to his benefit many a time. Here, if anything it's neutral or perhaps even a negative.

a decent looking Western guy willl do FAR better in the Phillippines, SE Asia, and even the other outlets of Confucianism, Japan and especially China.
asylum seeker

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 9:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="endo"]
Sakamoto wrote:
pkang0202 wrote:
Misuda girls are full of crap. Anyone catch that episode where they bashed foreign guys with Korean girls?

They did not bash them. They pointed out, quite correctly, that even those who are losers back home still do quite well in Korea. That is true: just being white is enough to get all the in-out/in-out you could ever want in Korea. The real problem is that the lucky bums would rather believe that they do better in Korea because the women back home can't see that they are obviously superior men, whereas the Korean wonem can. So there feelings are hurt at the mention that even a three-headed guy would be banging like crazy provided he was white.

Yeah, you're a moron.

quote]

True, but stop feeding the troll!
misher

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 9:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

I don't think Korean men have much to worry wbout. Most foreign men here are just happy when a Korean girl (almost any Korean girl) pays attention to them. I've dated a few girls Korean guys wouldn't date...but they (some Korean men, please don't read that as all) don't seem to become back stabbing shmucks until you snag one of the pretty ones. God, I hate when some bartending wank tries to pick up my wife....when she is sitting next to me assuming I don't know any Korean

This 1000x

I've never been to South Korea but I've dated 3 Korean girls in Canada. 2 of them were just dating and were somewhat attractive in a western sense (if we're jsut talking about appearance here) but in a Korean man's eyes they were very very average. I could almost say they were not wanted. My current girlfriend is the absolute opposite. In terms of looks she's about a 7.5/8 (her personality is a 10 as far as I'm concerned) but for Korean guys, she's a 9. She's also extremely wealthy which also is a HUGE factor for korean guys looking to marry (for me it is actually a bad thing). Anyway she gets guys stalking her and harassing her so she has to stay away from Korean men. I've also been backstabbed many times by korean guys (her acquaintances) who act all nice to me over drinks and then are quick to tell my gf that I will cheat on her and she should dump me and I'm no good. This NEVER happened to me with the other girls I dated because Korean guys jsut didnt want them.

I can't wait until I get to Korea. I'm gonna get a tad pissed off I think and I'm not even the jealous type.
UknowsI

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Epicurus wrote:
I don't get the uproar.

I was here with some strict vegeterians and kimchi is most often made with fish oil. When not even kimchi is true vegetarian food I assume you realise how hard it is to be a real vegetarian here.
Epicurus

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

UknowsI wrote:
Epicurus wrote:
I don't get the uproar.

I was here with some strict vegeterians and kimchi is most often made with fish oil. When not even kimchi is true vegetarian food I assume you realise how hard it is to be a real vegetarian here.

I always figured fermented cabbage smeared with red pepper paste is about as vegetarian as you can get.

(and personally I don't quite "get" being a super strict vegetarian to the point of complaining about oil, etc, but whatever)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> General Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 8 of 10

Jump to: