Site Search:

TEFL International Supports Dave's ESL Cafe
TEFL Courses, TESOL Course, English Teaching Jobs - TEFL International
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Unprofessional Recruiter: Fear Mongering & Manipulation

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Job-related Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Korussian

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2009 11:07 pm    Post subject: Unprofessional Recruiter: Fear Mongering & Manipulation Reply with quote

tl;dr: An already unwholesome recruiter's ad also says that you could be given a criminal record for working with their unlicensed competitors.

There is a very prolific recruitment company whose ads you've likely seen, as they post on this and other websites quite often.

I worked with them for a week, and their staff was unprofessional. For example, I was applying for a public school in a little town, and they told me to go to Ilsan to meet a teacher from that school. They wouldn't tell me the name of the school, the name or contact info of the teacher I was to meet, where in Ilsan I would be going to meet her, or any additional details until *drum roll* I first agreed that I would indeed go to this unrelated city (Ilsan) on a weekend to meet her there, instead of at the future workplace.

This, citing that they didn't want me to make a deal with the school or another recruiter behind their backs, as if that makes any sense.

Anyway, at the very beginning of all their ads, they write:

Quote:
Please keep it in mind that you need to make sure of your work through the accredited license recruiting agency when you get a teaching job in Korea.

Accredited agencies have their own license number on the websites and advertisements.
It is said that Korean immigration will regulate all circumstances related with illegal recruiting activity and even further gives penalty in the name of criminal to English teachers and schools throughout unlicensed recruiting agencies.

Classy.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Job-related Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: