Site Search:

TEFL International Supports Dave's ESL Cafe
TEFL Courses, TESOL Course, English Teaching Jobs - TEFL International
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Why would a student whisper "I am so handsome" to
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> General Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sesame

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2014 5:25 am    Post subject: Why would a student whisper "I am so handsome" to Reply with quote

She's like 10-11 years old. I would never have the balls to say that to a teacher...how can this girl say that to me?

I had the kids line up and she was first in line and as we waited for everyone else to line up she says, "teacher" so i bend down a little bit to lend her my ear because she wanted to whisper something and says, "You are very handsome."

I was just dumbstruck that she had the balls to say that, and she was dead serious, too.
le-paul

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2014 5:36 am    Post subject: Re: Why would a student whisper "I am so handsome" Reply with quote

Sesame wrote:
She's like 10-11 years old. I would never have the balls to say that to a teacher...how can this girl say that to me?

I had the kids line up and she was first in line and as we waited for everyone else to line up she says, "teacher" so i bend down a little bit to lend her my ear because she wanted to whisper something and says, "You are very handsome."

I was just dumbstruck that she had the balls to say that, and she was dead serious, too.

Shes probably responding to the fact that your always telling her to sit on your knee?
optik404

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2014 6:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe because she's a kid? You should probably delete this, it's getting a little creepy.
Stan Rogers

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2014 7:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

optik404 wrote:
Maybe because she's a kid? You should probably delete this, it's getting a little creepy.

Yes they are probably tracing the OP's ip address right now. He should expect to have his computer hacked in 3 2 1.
jvalmer

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2014 7:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I got a nickel every time a kid said "Your handsome." or "I love you." I'd have enough to by a Lamborghini with cash right now.

Don't worry, by the time they get to middle/high school they'll see enough handsome guys their age to totally forget about you.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2014 11:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So many questions come to mind.

1. Have you never been near kids before?
2. Have you never been near young girls before?
3. Have you never been near ANY Korean before?

The only way I could understand this being shocking to you is if you answered NO to all three questions.

1. Kids say this all the time.
2. Young girls say this this all the time.
3. Koreans say this all the time (even if you're not particularly handsome)
northway

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2014 11:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congratulations, Sesame, you win Creepy Poster of the Week.
talentedcrayon

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2014 11:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OP she's just a kid...

When I was 4 I had a major crush on one of the cashiers at Safeway. I wanted to marry her. When I found out she got married I had a complete melt down.

Then I went on to being in love with Mac Tonight (The Macdonalds mascot from the 90's.) I wanted to marry him even though he was a guy.

It is normal for kids. Just take it as a compliment... I actually can't understand why you are even posting about it. My elementary aged students always told me they loved me. I have had girls write me notes saying I am handsome and kind and nice and awesome and that I am the best teacher at XYZ Hagwon. They like you, that's good.

I put it down to genuinely caring about them. They love you as a teacher BECAUSE you care about them... they think you are handsome as a teacher. It has no other meaning whatsoever.
Lucas

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2014 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Congratulations, Sesame, you win Creepy Poster of the Week.

Yep.
tob55

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2014 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OP, you ain't in Kansas anymore. Children say things all the time. Don't make anything out of it. Teach your class and worry about things that are really important rather than bringing up such creepy comments. It makes you appear much worse than the 10~11 year old who asked you the question in the first place.
guavashake

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2014 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When I Kissed The Teacher
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7hEY2XoLlXg
KimchiNinja

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2014 4:10 pm    Post subject: Re: Why would a student whisper "I am so handsome" Reply with quote

le-paul wrote:
Sesame wrote:

Shes probably responding to the fact that your always telling her to sit on your knee?

HA!! Le-paul gets some good ones in....
northway

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2014 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Come on guys, maybe she really likes him.
SeoulNate

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2014 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

talentedcrayon wrote:

Then I went on to being in love with Mac Tonight (The Macdonalds mascot from the 90's.) I wanted to marry him even though he was a guy.

Shocked
Sesame

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2014 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I smell a bunch of haters in this thread.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> General Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: