Site Search:

Speak Korean Now!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The Retread

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> General Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Zulethe

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2009 4:40 pm    Post subject: The Retread Reply with quote

Ever since reading so many posts about how some Korean girls are passed from one teacher to another, I have begun to change my dating habits.

I've met a number of Korean girls and the first warning sign for me is if they speak English too well. I immediately assume they have been dating other waygugs. The thought of dating a Korean chick that has been past from one teacher to another totally turns me off.

I don't know why, but it's kind of a reverse form of discrimination. If she's been with Korean guys, that's fine but with another Englishee teacher - No Way.

In some ways this has made me become more similar to Korean men. I find this rather odd, but I must admit that reading posts on Dave's about the retread has been very influential on my thinking.

Just last week I met this seeminly really wonderful woman who is undoubtedly very attractive but I stopped calling her because she spoke English too well.

I have no idea whether or not she's ever dated another waygug, but thanks to Dave's posters, my mind has been warped.

thanks,
sincerely
Zulethe
redaxe

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2009 4:50 pm    Post subject: Re: The Retread Reply with quote

Zulethe wrote:
Ever since reading so many posts about how some Korean girls are passed from one teacher to another, I have begun to change my dating habits.

I've met a number of Korean girls and the first warning sign for me is if they speak English too well. I immediately assume they have been dating other waygugs. The thought of dating a Korean chick that has been past from one teacher to another totally turns me off.

I don't know why, but it's kind of a reverse form of discrimination. If she's been with Korean guys, that's fine but with another Englishee teacher - No Way.

In some ways this has made me become more similar to Korean men. I find this rather odd, but I must admit that reading posts on Dave's about the retread has been very influential on my thinking.

Just last week I met this seeminly really wonderful woman who is undoubtedly very attractive but I stopped calling her because she spoke English too well.

I have no idea whether or not she's ever dated another waygug, but thanks to Dave's posters, my mind has been warped.

thanks,
sincerely
Zulethe

It's only fair, I guess, because they do the same to us. Whenever I talk to Korean girls in Korean, they automatically assume I'm a palamdeungi who has had lots of Korean girlfriends before, because how else could a white boy learn Korean that well? (Even though I don't even speak Korean that well)

Actually, they're right--I have had lots of Korean girlfriends. Never more than one at a time though, just because I can't handle that many text messages.

But why would you want to date a Korean girl who doesn't speak English, either? Is your Korean actually that good?

I personally would prefer one who I can communicate fluently with, who's had experience dating waygooks, and knows what turns us on and what turns us off. I usually reject Korean girls for being "too Korean," not the reverse.
Bloopity Bloop

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2009 5:01 pm    Post subject: Re: The Retread Reply with quote

redaxe wrote:

But why would you want to date a Korean girl who doesn't speak English, either? Is your Korean actually that good?

I personally would prefer one who I can communicate fluently with, who's had experience dating waygooks, and knows what turns us on and what turns us off. I usually reject Korean girls for being "too Korean," not the reverse.

Maybe he just wants action.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> General Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: