Site Search:

Speak Korean Now!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Interesting day on Avengers 2 set

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> General Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
actionjackson

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2014 4:02 am    Post subject: Interesting day on Avengers 2 set Reply with quote

My wife just showed me this:
Quote:
The “Avengers 2: Age of Ultron” started productions today, and already they”ve had a shocking event.

The staff was filming on top of the Mapo Bridge, and there were also staff on a boat beneath the river. The staff on the boat found a body floating by in the river. Alarmed, the staff immediately called 119 (the Korean equivalent of 911).

The body has been identified as Mr. Yoon (21), who has been missing since the 10th. He left a text message expressing dissatisfaction about his personal life. He was found wearing a red padded jacket and jeans.

The police said, “[The body] was already severely decomposed, so we believe it had nothing to do with the filming. There are no external injuries on the body, so we are predicting suicide.”

On another note, I wanna know who the foreigner was I saw on the news this morning who was trying to take pictures, and then when told they couldn't, had this look of 'who me?' on his face.
le-paul

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2014 4:07 am    Post subject: Re: Interesting day on Avengers 2 set Reply with quote

actionjackson wrote:
My wife just showed me this:
Quote:
The “Avengers 2: Age of Ultron” started productions today, and already they”ve had a shocking event.

The staff was filming on top of the Mapo Bridge, and there were also staff on a boat beneath the river. The staff on the boat found a body floating by in the river. Alarmed, the staff immediately called 119 (the Korean equivalent of 911).

The body has been identified as Mr. Yoon (21), who has been missing since the 10th. He left a text message expressing dissatisfaction about his personal life. He was found wearing a red padded jacket and jeans.

The police said, “[The body] was already severely decomposed, so we believe it had nothing to do with the filming. There are no external injuries on the body, so we are predicting suicide.”

On another note, I wanna know who the foreigner was I saw on the news this morning who was trying to take pictures, and then when told they couldn't, had this look of 'who me?' on his face.

I know I shouldn't have laughed when I read the article. Im sorry, it was very insensitive...
Mr. Pink

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2014 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I find it pretty shocking a body can be in the river so long it has decomposed, considering the amount of people that are around that river or on the river on a daily basis...
Lucas

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2014 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I find it pretty shocking a body can be in the river so long it has decomposed, considering the amount of people that are around that river or on the river on a daily basis...

When someone falls, or jumps into a river and drowns they usually sink.

After a few days the body starts to decompose and gases build up under the skin, causing it to float to the surface......
atwood

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2014 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They're on Mapo Bridge, right? That's the one people jump off of.

I wonder if they found a way to work the dead body into the film? One less extra to pay. Very Happy
jazzmaster

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2014 12:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's tragic, and not something to joke about. His family must be distraught.
atwood

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2014 12:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jazzmaster wrote:

An everyday occurrence is not tragic.

Have you never heard of black humor?
jazzmaster

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2014 2:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

atwood wrote:
jazzmaster wrote:

The regularity with which something occurs doesn't make the fact a family has lost a 21 year old son. I would define that as tragic.

I have heard of black humor, but I've also heard about having a bit of class (especially regarding suicide).

But instead of actually considering that your ill conceived joke may have been inappropriate, why not make it my fault. Claim my lack of humor is the problem.
atwood

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2014 2:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jazzmaster wrote:
atwood wrote:
jazzmaster wrote:

The regularity with which something occurs doesn't make the fact a family has lost a 21 year old son. I would define that as tragic.

I have heard of black humor, but I've also heard about having a bit of class (especially regarding suicide).

But instead of actually considering that your ill conceived joke may have been inappropriate, why not make it my fault. Claim my lack of humor is the problem.

Then you must see the world as a very, very tragic place.

Refresh me on the rules about being classy about suicide, Miss Manners.
Savant

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2014 2:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like dark humor but Atwood's comment was a little too dark for me, maybe.

I was going to highlight how little is still being done about Korea's high suicide rate and the lack of caring deep down to do anything about.

Mapo Bridge closed just means delayed suicide. "Awww crap, I'll guess i'll just go home and kill myself tomorrow."
dairyairy

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2014 3:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A child got loose on the Spider Man set.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pyV57QlGUGI&feature=share
jazzmaster

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2014 5:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Savant wrote:

I was going to highlight how little is still being done about Korea's high suicide rate and the lack of caring deep down to do anything about.

Mapo Bridge closed just means delayed suicide. "Awww crap, I'll guess i'll just go home and kill myself tomorrow."

Dark humor only works if it's funny. Atwood's attempts at humor can be summed up in his insult towards me: Miss Manners.
It's a basic way to justify his actions. He attempts to make me out to be overly sensitive, in the hope people will see his joke as acceptable.
atwood

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2014 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jazzmaster wrote:
Savant wrote:

Dark humor only works if it's funny. Atwood's attempts at humor can be summed up in his insult towards me: Miss Manners.
It's a basic way to justify his actions. He attempts to make me out to be overly sensitive, in the hope people will see his joke as acceptable.

Your post makes you out to be overly sensitive, not me. And don't forget the hissy fit you threw on the spitting thread.

If you can't take a joke, that's your loss. I've no need to justify my actions.

And if you're such a feeling, caring person, what are you personally doing about stopping suicides? And posting "Aww, that's tragic" on an Internet forum doesn't count.
Smithington

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2014 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I think we need to be careful and respectful about this tragedy. His family will be devastated and never be the same again.

Having said that, Atwood's post did make me chuckle (until my sense of decency got the better of me). I think it's probably a matter of 'time passed' before jokes can be made about such things. Comedians are now comfortable with jokes about 9/11, but a certain time must pass before society, and decency, allows us to go down that route.

Anyway, a sad story. And yes, it emphatically is a tragedy for the family at hand, and the young man himself.

Anyhoo.
jazzmaster

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2014 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

atwood wrote:
jazzmaster wrote:
Savant wrote:

Your post makes you out to be overly sensitive, not me. And don't forget the hissy fit you threw on the spitting thread.

If you can't take a joke, that's your loss. I've no need to justify my actions.

And if you're such a feeling, caring person, what are you personally doing about stopping suicides? And posting "Aww, that's tragic" on an Internet forum doesn't count.

A couple of people have agreed that your post was in bad taste, but rather than face that you are saying I am "overly sensitive". This allows you to keep believing that you did nothing wrong.
You're even using phrases like "hissy fit" and "can't take a joke" to deflect from your post. These phrases deliberately hyperbole to assassinate my character, thus making my criticism of your post invalid. Thankfully, most people can see what you're doing.

You've even gone so far as to attempt to make me look bad by asking what I am "personally doing about stopping suicides". My answer is that I try to take other people's feelings into consideration. It's not too late for you to do the same.

I feel fairly certain that you will continue to attempt to find faults with me, in the attempt to justify your post. I could reply, but doing so will take up my time and energy. Instead I will stop here. People can see your post and they can make up their own mind.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> General Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: