Site Search:

Speak Korean Now!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Bonojit Hussain: Setting a Precedent on Racism
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> General Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
FriendlyDaegu

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2014 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ralph Winfield wrote:

…I did not meet … Therefore…

Can't argue with that logic.
Awake1004

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2015 12:28 am    Post subject: Racism In Korea Reply with quote

I have been to Korea 3 times and I have lived here for more than a year! After travelling and staying in major cities in Korea. I have come to the scientific conclusion Koreans are inherently racist to Indians. More than even blacks. Every now and then you may see a curious Korean girl with a black guy but if you notice the Indians they are always by themselves.

I had dated a korean girl for few years and her family and friends told me that all Indians are s*** and that they are the level of dirt in the toe nail. Whenever I go to a restaurant or cafe I get the worst service. Most of the time the staff Ignore me. I believe some people have the same hatred for Indians as the chinese and that they look at Indians as an enemy nation.
Even the Indians living in Korea have no respect for Indian culture and traditions and continue to pollute the culture and people. There are also numerous incidents where Koreans physically intimidate/assault Indians and have engaged in rape and prostitution "in India". This is a very shameful situation in a globalized world. I am shocked to have received such forms of racism in foreigner friendly ares of Seoul like hongdae and gangnam and other popular foreigner friendly areas. It is shocking having brown skin is considered a sin in 2015.
candy bar

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2015 5:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jazzmaster wrote:
le-paul wrote:
jazzmaster wrote:
coralreefer_1 wrote:
jazzmaster wrote:
Quote:
All these stories about getting spit on/assaulted/cussed out..etc, are something that I find hard to believe

Yet you expect us to believe your tail of dating a model who is 10 years your junior.
I think you don't believe other poster's stories because you are telling lies yourself. If you want to PM me a link to your facebook profile containing pictures of you and your model girlfriend, then I will withdraw my comment.
Until then I think someone better call 119, because coralreefer's pants are on fire.

PM sent, but to add...its not that I dont believe other poster's stories are true..but rather than the issue is not as widespread as some would like us to believe. To illustrate that, I told my own story. Doesnt negate that such things have/have not happened to others, but as I said I find it hard to believe that there are REGULAR incidents of such things outside of the drinking/club areas.

Good man. I read your PM but instead of showing pictures you've just invited me to friend you on facebook, upon which I will finally be granted access to a photo of your model girlfriend.
Seems a bit suspect to me.

Hes offered to let you see pics as you requested, and you've refused.

You seem like a massively belligerent person. What does it take to pacify you?

Belligerent? For not wanting to have to befriend a stranger on facebook. I don't think you know what belligerent means.

Anyway, back to the main attraction:
Coralreefer sent me a photo of his girlfriend modelling and a photo of them together. The modelling photo in my opinion looked pretty naff and is her standing next to a lake. It is apparently an advertisement for green tea. I remain unconvinced.
However, the photo of them together does prove that his girlfriend is pretty. Also he did offer to show me 39 pictures of her on fb, but I haven't offered a friend request.
Perhaps someone who is brave enough to friend him on facebook can clear up the matter.
But I must say, his willingness to show photos has given me a new respect for him. Therefore I cannot definitively say if he is a liar or not.

He must be a really cool dude if he sent you pics of his girlfriend.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> General Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: