Site Search:

Speak Korean Now!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Strikeforce - Fedor vs. Rogers
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Off-Topic Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Chet Wautlands

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 1:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Cosmic Hum wrote:
Quote:
agreed. which is why, until he loses, he's the best in the world. all the ufc huggers will say gsp or silva... those dudes have losses on their record... fedor doesn't.

I don't think anyone could reasonably argue that gsp or silva are even in the same category as Fedor.
There is little doubt that gsp and silva are great fighters...but Fedor is without doubt in a legue of his own when it comes to the fight game.
Regardless of his future, Fedor has raised the bar of the fight world beyond the reach of mere mortals.

The argument often made is that Fedor hasn't fought the same level of competition as GSP and Silva. I think there is some truth to that. What hurts Fedor is that he has fights against people like Choi...

I think Fedor awesome, but there are valid arguments against putting him above everyone else.
shifter2009

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 3:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chet Wautlands wrote:
The Cosmic Hum wrote:
Quote:
agreed. which is why, until he loses, he's the best in the world. all the ufc huggers will say gsp or silva... those dudes have losses on their record... fedor doesn't.

I don't think anyone could reasonably argue that gsp or silva are even in the same category as Fedor.
There is little doubt that gsp and silva are great fighters...but Fedor is without doubt in a legue of his own when it comes to the fight game.
Regardless of his future, Fedor has raised the bar of the fight world beyond the reach of mere mortals.

The argument often made is that Fedor hasn't fought the same level of competition as GSP and Silva. I think there is some truth to that. What hurts Fedor is that he has fights against people like Choi...

I think Fedor awesome, but there are valid arguments against putting him above everyone else.

He beat the best at the time. He cleared out Pride, the UFC champs when he was in Pride were guys like Arlovski and Silva, look what happened to them. Now, we got some guys there that are interesting match ups for Fedor but really, guys like Mir shouldn't be calling out Fedor just because he beat a staph infected Nog and got a win over Lesnar (in what was his 3rd pro fight? 4th?) You could put Mir and Lesnar's resumes together and it's still not even close. I'd point out even further, that Fedor has been a pro fighting only a year longer than Mir and has twice as many fights under his belt
Bloopity Bloop

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 6:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

shifter2009 wrote:

He beat the best at the time. He cleared out Pride, the UFC champs when he was in Pride were guys like Arlovski and Silva, look what happened to them. Now, we got some guys there that are interesting match ups for Fedor but really, guys like Mir shouldn't be calling out Fedor just because he beat a staph infected Nog and got a win over Lesnar (in what was his 3rd pro fight? 4th?) You could put Mir and Lesnar's resumes together and it's still not even close. I'd point out even further, that Fedor has been a pro fighting only a year longer than Mir and has twice as many fights under his belt

Now, I am no fan of Mir. In fact, I absolutely loathe Mir. But part of the reason why Fedor has so many more fights is because of the motorcycle accident Mir suffered. He was basically out of the game for 2 years. Also, more fights doesn't always = a better fighter... in this case, Fedor just happens to be infinitely better and has way more fights.

I wish Dana would stop being such a 'tard and let Spider fight Mir. I'd SOOOOO watch that.
shifter2009

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2009 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.mmatko.com/fedor-knocks-rogers-head-off-at-strikeforce-gif/

that is worth a look
sketcha

PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2009 10:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wow, Rogers went to 2nd round, didnt figure that

I thought he was way over his head (too early in his career to fight Fedor), but he did ok all thing considered
Bloopity Bloop

PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2009 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just letting you guys in on a private tracker: fullcontactzone.tv

UFC 105 is already up there (full event). They get fight related files up faster than any other source I've seen on the web. It's EASY AS PIE to maintain a good ratio there (I've been upping at 3mb/s). For all your Sengoku, UFC, and everything MMA-related (and WWE-related needs). Plus, they have assorted combat related materials as well (some books and things of that sort). Hope you guys can make some good use of it.
proudman

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm a little late to this post, but I went to the Strikeforce event in Chicago back in November.

I was not blackout drunk, but drunk enough to make some bad decisions.

Anyway, after the Fedor-Rogers fight, I worked my way to the floor. Got to the front row, and manged to get myself into the octagon, and was able to get a tremendous pic with the legend FEDOR EMELIANENKO with his nose busted and face all beat up inside of the octagon. Somehow I was in there with all of the cops and security that were in the cage, and managed to not get arrested.

I'm 5'9", and he doesn't look much bigger than me. But he is one bad boy!
The Cosmic Hum

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

proudman wrote:
I'm a little late to this post, but I went to the Strikeforce event in Chicago back in November.

I was not blackout drunk, but drunk enough to make some bad decisions.

Anyway, after the Fedor-Rogers fight, I worked my way to the floor. Got to the front row, and manged to get myself into the octagon, and was able to get a tremendous pic with the legend FEDOR EMELIANENKO with his nose busted and face all beat up inside of the octagon. Somehow I was in there with all of the cops and security that were in the cage, and managed to not get arrested.

I'm 5'9", and he doesn't look much bigger than me. But he is one bad boy!

I for one wouldn't mind seeing that pic...if you don't mind sharing it...while being drunk has its limits on our memories...good for you for getting in there...that will be a memory you do keep. Cool
proudman

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 10:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

is there a way to share pics here? i'm having a hard enough time trying to figure out how to upload a pic/avatar. i just got permission for that.

but if there's a way to post/share pics, i'll def put it up.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Off-Topic Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: