Site Search:

Speak Korean Now!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Bus help please

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> General Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ck10n3

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2010 2:37 am    Post subject: Bus help please Reply with quote

I have got the subway system down pat, but with the buses I have no idea where to even start looking. Can anyone tell me how to get from Bundang, Yatap to Cheongju Intercity Bus Terminal?
T-J

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2010 3:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://bus.congnamul.com/SeoulRouteWebApp/view_english/map.jsp
ttompatz

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2010 3:46 am    Post subject: Re: Bus help please Reply with quote

Ck10n3 wrote:
I have got the subway system down pat, but with the buses I have no idea where to even start looking. Can anyone tell me how to get from Bundang, Yatap to Cheongju Intercity Bus Terminal?

Step out of the subway station. Looking at Kims club (shinsegye department store) you will see a building on your right about 100 meters (across the side street) with Homeever signs on it (Homeever is the grocery on the top (6th) floor).

In the ground and lower ground floors of that (homeever) building are the bus terminal.

Go inside and walk around until you find the ticket counters (towards the back). Go to the counter and ask for a ticket to Cheongju .They may point you (or take you ) to the next window if you are at the wrong one or can't read Korean yet but you will get your ticket and boarding gate number for the bus.

Ck10n3

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2010 3:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey T-J

Yeah man, I found that website, but for some reason none of the buttons are working? They were not working from my computer at work, and it's not working at my house either.

Thanks ttompatz!

The bus terminal is in the bottom floor of the HomePlus? Are you sure? I don't think I've ever come across it in there, but I will go look tomorrow morning. You mean the very bottom of the building where it actually leads into the subway station?
ttompatz

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2010 4:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ck10n3 wrote:
Hey T-J

Yeah man, I found that website, but for some reason none of the buttons are working? They were not working from my computer at work, and it's not working at my house either.

Thanks ttompatz!

The bus terminal is in the bottom floor of the HomePlus? Are you sure? I don't think I've ever come across it in there, but I will go look tomorrow morning. You mean the very bottom of the building where it actually leads into the subway station?

NOT home plus - Home EVER (unless tesco/HomePlus bought out HomeEver and I missed it (been about a year since I was last at HomeEver).

About 100 meters north of the subway exit on the same side of the Main Road as the Mcdonalds and Shinsegye/Kims club. In Korean, ask for "busa ta ma nal". Ya, back of the building. lower level ground. There was a furniture place in the front as you walked into the building.

crossmr

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2010 5:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The congnamul site has been known to go out of date and doesn't work in firefox. I used to use it a lot, but since I got comfortable with daum I've never touched it.

http://local.daum.net/map/index.jsp

works fine in firefox.
click 자도 on the upper right of the map to get rid of skyview if you don't want it (I find it works faster)

right click and choose "출발" to set where you are starting.
right click and choose "도작" to set where you are going.
after you do that it'll calculate the route.
On the left click the button at the button that starts:
대중교통
and it'll give you some bus/subway options.

The benefit of the daum map is that you can click the bus stops if you're zoomed in and choose individual routes to see exactly where they go. Sometimes you'll find a recommended transfer is unnecessary because the first route goes really close, but maybe not exactly there and they're trying to get you to take a transfer some where back along the route to save you walking a block.

if you're not going far you can quickly scroll through all the routes at a stop near your starting point and see if anything goes really close or directly where you want to go.
Binch Lover

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2010 7:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

T-J wrote:
http://bus.congnamul.com/SeoulRouteWebApp/view_english/map.jsp

I don't really have anything constructive to add except point out two things:

a. The above website is for Seoul buses. The OP wants to go from Bundang to Cheongju, neither of which are in Seoul.

b. Homever WAS bought out by Homeplus at least a year ago.

Your best bet for finding out such info is calling tourist information. I think it's 031-1234 for Gyeonggi-Do. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.
T-J

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2010 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

^^ The site will give you bus routes throughout Korea regardless of the name.
crossmr

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2010 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

T-J wrote:
^^ The site will give you bus routes throughout Korea regardless of the name.

The problem is it often goes out of date. It was out of date for several months last year on route 410 which spontaneously changed and drastically changed on part of it. Where it had previously made several connections in an area including a couple subway stations they decided to reroute it down an empty road with no other connections.
The site didn't reflect that, and still doesn't.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> General Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: