Site Search:

Speak Korean Now!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Got a recruiter to recommend?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> FAQ
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Eohumanitas

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Of the recruiters I have dealt with, I have had absolutely no problems with Rowan from ESL PLANET. He has been very honest and frank (qualities that are severely lacking in many recruiters). I would also recommend Koreaconnections. They worked hard to get me a job within my preferences, and have sample contracts available for all their jobs.

I would not recommend Footprints. Although they were persistent and prompt, they offered me jobs with terrible contracts, made these jobs seem much better than they actually were, and their professionalism was only an image.

As is often repeated on this site, do your own research before accepting a job. Do not rely on the recruiter to tell you the full story.
TwoFold

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 1:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Of the recruiters I have dealt with, I have had absolutely no problems with Rowan from ESL PLANET. He has been very honest and frank (qualities that are severely lacking in many recruiters).

Yep, I have to second this recommendation. Rowan has been a very upfront and honest guy with my wife and I. My favorite thing with working with Rowan is that he won't paint you a picture of happiness, sunshine, and roses, but rather give you the good and the bad. Two thumbs up for Rowan. Smile
pknotts

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 5:58 am    Post subject: research Reply with quote

How would you recomend doing research without recruiters? Are there any websites or books that you used? Everything I have found on the internet is from recruiters.
kiaratokorea

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 9:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does anyone know anything about Gone2Korea?
lille

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2009 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had a great experience with AdventureTeaching - they were professional, prompt, approachable, and they found me a better job than I ever could have imagined having here. That said, I recommended them to a pal from back home and though he's a great candidate (a better one than I, surely) AT is dragging their feet.

Anyone using AT right now having a similar experience?
kantoi09

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2009 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lille wrote:
I had a great experience with AdventureTeaching - they were professional, prompt, approachable, and they found me a better job than I ever could have imagined having here. That said, I recommended them to a pal from back home and though he's a great candidate (a better one than I, surely) AT is dragging their feet.

Hey samething here. I applied for EPIK through them and they took forever to setup an interview. They told me there would be no problem with me getting into EPIK. But in May , they said that I had to wait until June for an interview. So I decided to send my application to Footprints and within two weeks I had an interview with EPIK. I have been accepted into EPIK but I am waiting for my contract. Oh yeah, a week ago AT sent me an email saying that I was not accepted into EPIK. I think because they are so small it is harder for them to get your application to EPIK. Because when I first emailed them about the status of my application they gave me the impression that there is another middleman between them and EPIK. I am glad that I went with Footprints.
kantoi09

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2009 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lille wrote:

Hey samething here. I applied for EPIK through them and they took forever to setup an interview. They told me there would be no problem with me getting into EPIK. But in May , they said that I had to wait until June for an interview. So I decided to send my application to Footprints and within two weeks I had an interview with EPIK. I have been accepted into EPIK but I am waiting for my contract. Oh yeah, a week ago AT sent me an email saying that I was not accepted into EPIK. I think because they are so small it is harder for them to get your application to EPIK. Because when I first emailed them about the status of my application they gave me the impression that there is another middleman between them and EPIK. I am glad that I went with Footprints.
lille

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2009 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kantoi09 wrote:
lille wrote:

....I think because they are so small it is harder for them to get your application to EPIK. Because when I first emailed them about the status of my application they gave me the impression that there is another middleman between them and EPIK. I am glad that I went with Footprints.

That's really good to know, thanks a bunch! My pal's been considering switching to Footprints, but had been reticent about going with such a big company. Looks like the advantages outweigh all that! Good luck with your move to Korea Smile
weltot

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 8:43 am    Post subject: Hot Job Korea Reply with quote

Howdy, this is my first post, and the search function doesn't seem to work for me, so forgive me if I'm retreading old ground. I'm just beginning my search for a job in Korea, and I'm quite bewildered at the range of choices.

So far I'm looking at :

http://www.hotjobkorea.com/,
Footprints,
and I've been recommended
http://www.flying-cows.com/.

Any of these any good/better than the others?

Any I should avoid?
GTG09

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2009 10:46 am    Post subject: Recommendation Reply with quote

I have also just got into full swing looking for a recruiter to help find a good job in Korea. I graduated from Michigan State University in May and I was hoping to get some help from anyone that is willing to share their experience.

So far I have been in talks with Pegasus Recruiting who specializes in private schools, as they were introduced to me from my counselor at school.

I also have been talking with a recruiter from Think Outside, as a fellow alumni went through them and gave me her opinion.

If anyone knows anything about either of these companies or has any recommendations I would greatly appreciate hearing from you.
irishconor

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey guys,

Been looking into recruiters and what not. Anybody head of www.teachandtraveljobs.com

Been emailing the guy who runs it and seems fine but very little information online about the company.

Thanks,
Conor
wallythewhale

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2009 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

irishconor wrote:
Hey guys,

Been looking into recruiters and what not. Anybody head of www.teachandtraveljobs.com

Been emailing the guy who runs it and seems fine but very little information online about the company.

Thanks,
Conor

Was in contact with them for a while, but decided to go with Footprints. TNT seems legit and if I'm correct, they will plug you in with EPIK. This will be my first year overseas so I won't know much, but FP has been good to me.
Chambertin

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2009 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stay far away from a Mr. J. Kim at ESLslow.

This guy was hard to deal with as it seemed he didnt know details about the visa process or much else for that matter. Every time I asked about how my visa was going he said he found a new, better, faster job.

I finally gave up on him. Sure it looked great at first, but this guy is on his own agenda.
jdkansas

PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2009 5:22 am    Post subject: Best Recruiter Reply with quote

Morgan Recruiting... hands down best recruiter we found out there and we talked to everyone. They found us(were a couple) a job with more pay than anyone else. We came to Korea because we wanted to work hard and pay off some of our debt. We love the school were at. And our apartment is huge for Seoul(like a officetel loft, but with an extra room and a full kitchen). They even had a care package for us when we arrived and a driver who picked us up at the airport and drove us to our apartment. We looked at jobs for over 4 months and interviewed with about 5-6 schools. Morgan Recruiting was the only one who could actually give us what we were asking for. All of the other recruiters came back with jobs that were not in Seoul or were not within the time frame of when we wanted to start. http://www.morganrecruiters.com/
alphakennyone

PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2009 8:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've heard Korvia recommended several times, but I have nothing positive to say about the broken English, misinformation, and attitude I received from Serena Min. Maybe the rest of the staff is OK (their good reputation seems to be centered around Joyce).
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> FAQ All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 4 of 9

Jump to: