Site Search:

Speak Korean Now!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Got a recruiter to recommend?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> FAQ
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JasperTeach

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2009 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ESL Park is good

Last edited by JasperTeach on Thu Aug 06, 2009 5:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
SunshineBrit

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2009 12:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bonnie at Canadians with Seoul was a joy to work with
silverquill

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2009 7:25 am    Post subject: Re: Got a Recruiter to Recomend? Reply with quote

pknotts wrote:
I was wondering if anyone has heard anything about TeachESLKorea or Gone2Korea. They seem experienced and professional, but as someone said above, I have a healthy distrust for recruiters.

Yes. My wife and I went through TeachESLKorea and were very satisfied. We were harder to place as an older couple. Dan and Aggie were ESL teachers here, so know the scene quite well. They don't post a lot of listings, but try to match teachers with jobs, and do quite well.

When we had problems with our school, something they could never had foreseen, they went to bat for us - something most recruiters just will not do. They specialize in the Gwangju are where they maintain a really good support network, but place throughout the country.

Remember that you can have a bad experience anywhere, but TESLK has a good track record, and I'd use them again.
catchshime

Location: "I am not born for one corner; the whole world is my native land."

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 2:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CDI's recruiters are fantastic if you can contact them directly. They work with Aclipse who I've heard good things about, but the CDI recruiter with whom I worked has been fantastic. Best to ask someone who might have a contact in the company to connect you.
Carla

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 2:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maddy at [email protected]. She's still a little new, but she is great.
Lex

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2009 5:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Has anyone heard of or used ESLstarter? So far, they've been amazing, but the lack of people talking about them has me a little nervous.

based on my own knowledge though, they've been extremely helpful, and when they say they'll ring you at half 7 in the morning the next day because you work, they ring you at half 7 in the morning.
kumba84

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2009 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had a great experience with Morgan Recruiters. http://morganrecruiters.com/ They were totally on the ball and always giving me updates.

People seem to like Footprints, but I thought they weren't very good, especially in comparison with Morgan. They just didn't seem very professional, and I didn't feel like a priority. It would take them days to respond and the offers didn't come in nearly as quickly. Same with Park English, who were even worse...my recruiter barely spoke English and was never on top of things. She even called me AFTER a scheduled interview time with a school to tell me it was being canceled.
nstick13

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2009 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know he's mentioned earlier in this thread (it's how I found him) but Rowan at ESL Planet has been a terrific partner in this process. He mainly deals with EPIK, but has some privates and does GEPIK as well. He's an Aussie, so his English is clearly not an issue. He has been upfront about EVERYTHING, and is thorough and quick to communicate with you.
Lorilou

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2009 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just to throw in my two cents-- sorry in advance if this sounds like a commercial!

I used Footprints Recruiting (my recruiter's name was Erik) to find my current job in Incheon. I would absolutely recommend them to anyone who is a first-timer to South Korea! Erik was on the ball with friendly responses to all my emails, called frequently to check in, and really listened to what I wanted in terms of a job. Other recruiters that I signed up with tried to talk me into any and all jobs that came across their desk despite the fact that they didn't even come close to my criteria. They helped negotiate my contract, were very fast in booking my plane ticket, and managed to get me a straight-through flight with reasonable hours. They also set me up with a mentor teacher in Incheon to help me settle in.
toddt82

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi everyone. Thanks for checking this out.

I've been looking at ESL Teacher Recruiter ( http://www.eslteacherrecruiter.com ) a lot lately. They are the only ones I've seen (so far) who actually separate regular ESL jobs from full curriculum jobs for certified teachers with a BEd degree, which I am in the process of obtaining. So you can imagine how interested I am in applying once I graduate, especially with the 2.6M/month salary they say comes with the certified teacher job. I should also mention that they claim to only recruit for private schools.

I'd be grateful for anyone's insight and expertise on this one.

Thank you!
gregfrommo

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 2:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does anyone on here have experience with Travel and Teach? They have been helpful so far, I haven't been able to find any info on them though...
noobteacher

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 7:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

gregfrommo wrote:
Does anyone on here have experience with Travel and Teach? They have been helpful so far, I haven't been able to find any info on them though...

A friend of mine used them to get a hagwon job and she said they were really great. She ended up having some issues with her Visa but they were always there helping her out. When I was first looking into teaching, I went with them as well and they seemed to be pretty solid. I ended up going with another recruiter for PS jobs, but I think they're a pretty good recruiting company.
dooplodicus

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2010 12:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would definitely recommend eslstarter. They have been so helpful throughout the whole process and actually listened to what I want instead of just trying to get me into some random position that they need to fill. They are also very quick to reply and get straight onto it. Their website is also informative. Very Happy
probablylauren

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 4:58 am    Post subject: Mina WorknPlay Reply with quote

I have had nothing but a great experience from Mina at workNplay consulting.

I initially was going to go with Footprints, but I found the first two emails sent to me to be very disappointing. I didn't like how long it took and how they were generic.

As someone who is on the internet at least every hour, I really value quick replies to my problems/emails/queries.

Mina often replies within a few hours or definitely by the end of the next working day.

She has answered all of my questions clearly and has been wonderful throughout the whole process. I would recommend her to anyone and would not hesitate to use her again
kvalliant

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2010 12:00 am    Post subject: I like RBI Reply with quote

If you're looking for a position in Busan (Korea's 2nd largest city, with beaches! =D) I would recommend RBI Recruiting. I used them back in 2007, and they hooked me up with a nice position (low hours for 2.0, which is what I was looking for). Monica met me at the airport and took me to the school to meet my supervisor, and both of them took me to my apartment to get me settled in.

I had a few issues come up with the school later on in the year (getting paid on time, wanting me to teach at another location, ect.), but when I expressed concerns to Monica she went to bat for me. She even came to the school a few months later just to check up on me. There were a couple of times I had to put my foot down and call shenanigans when it came to the school on several occasions, but between me learning not to be a push-over and having Monica/RBI behind me I had a darn good year.
I haven't used any other recruiter so I don't have a basis for comparison, but from what I've seen about other recruiters I did pretty well with them.

Another plus is that they check out the apartments being offered with the jobs and tell you what kind of condition they're in. My apartment was older, but I had a separate bedroom and living room and everything was in working order - and I had a bathtub, which I consider a win.

I'm using them again now as I'm heading back to Busan, so I'll be able to give a more current review in a month or two. Seeing as I just recommended them to a friend I'm hoping they're still good.

/.2 cents for now.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> FAQ All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 5 of 9

Jump to: