Site Search:

Speak Korean Now!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Got a recruiter to recommend?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> FAQ
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PinkEmJ

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't heard much about them, but I'm finding Julie at ESL Agent to be really helpful! She got me jobs quickly and follows up really well through e mail. My interviews were on time, and I even got to e mail a couple directors directly for more photos of apartments and such. They are really upfront about a lot and try to find what works best for everyone.
be the ball

PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2010 3:31 am    Post subject: Not Korvia Reply with quote

Definitely stay away from Korvia for your recruiting needs.

Craig at their US office in Oregon is a thoroughly negative and unpleasant person. No people skills whatsoever.

They are not very connected to the system (no contacts within EPIK or the government).

Joyce is very nice and tries her best but her written English is bad enough that it can actually cause problems.

PM me if you want details as to all the problems they caused for me....not going to waste my breath here...

Suffice it to say there are hundreds of choices out there, if one person had a horrible experience with this recruiter, why even take a chance...
Roman510

PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2010 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Korvia vs. Morgan Recruiting Services:

So far, according to my personal research, these seem to be the two leading candidates in my search for a reputable and beneficial recruiting firm (despite the above comment, 1st negative feedback for Korvia I've seen). I have received feedback from people who used both services, and both are positive. Are there anymore comments about either of these recruiters?

Also, I will be graduating with a BA in English, a TEFL certificate with 120 hours, and about a year tutoring experience at my University. Good credentials for a well-paying job? Or just another shmuck who will eventually leave a "I shouldn't have gone to Korea" post? Cool

Thank you much kindly!
photoguy

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2010 9:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lille wrote:
I had a great experience with AdventureTeaching - they were professional, prompt, approachable, and they found me a better job than I ever could have imagined having here. That said, I recommended them to a pal from back home and though he's a great candidate (a better one than I, surely) AT is dragging their feet.

Anyone using AT right now having a similar experience?

I've worked with AT off and on for a couple of months now and have mixed feelings. They are generally prompt and follow through, however they do seem to drag their feet at times. They also took a long time to start sending me actual job listings. They did get me an interview with a chain hagwon last month, but afterwords I was told I was "wait-listed"...since then, I haven't heard a peep from them. I get the impression that maybe since they're small, there's not a wide selection of schools at their fingertips?

I second previous posts supporting Korvia. I worked with Joyce last winter to try and get a GEPIK placement - she always got back to me promptly and kept me on the ball. I didn't get a placement due to a paperwork foulup (hence the reason I'm seeking a hagwon position), but Joyce certainly tried hard to get me in. If I apply for PS again, I'm definitely using Korvia.
daycint

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2010 2:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm wondering about ESL Starter also.... I've sent emails to both ESL Starter & Footprints, and although I received a swift reply from both recruiters, ESL Starter seemed more personal & less generic than Footprints.

Any advice would be great as I'm gathering my application documents for EPIK & need to finalize an application asap.
Caffeinated

PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2010 3:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I applied with both Footprints and Koreaconnections. Footprints were a bit slow off the mark but Koreaconnections came thru quickly, and their experience clearly showed when they gave really helpful advice after I encountered some problems on the paper trail.
dooplodicus

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 12:04 am    Post subject: I'm wondering about ESL Starter also.... I've sent emails to Reply with quote

I went through ESLstarter. They were really helpful and after speaking to other teachers about their experiences with other recruiters, they definitely seem like the best to go through.
eoneinna

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 7:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've really enjoyed working with Ann from Korvia.
kpmth00

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2010 6:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I want to work with Footprints, but they aren't really getting back to me.
raindrop

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I started out working with Footprints. From the first interaction I had with them, there was something that irked me. But I stayed. Then, a few interactions further down the road, I realized what it was that bothered me... they were unprofessional, really slow at responding to email (if they bothered responding to an inquiry at all), and--here's the kicker for me--they gave me inaccurate information. I didn't want to break complete ties with them as I still needed them to help me find a job, but I pretty much lost all my faith in Footprints. I just didn't feel like they cared about their individual teachers. I started communicating with other recruiters. In the end I found a job on my own. If I would have sat around and waited for Footprints to do what they promised to do, I would be jobless.
caharrison

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Has anybody worked with English Teachers Network (etnkorea.com)?
thedsr

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2010 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have been working with Korvia and have nothing bad to say about it so far. Joyce was very attentive with my application, filled is a couple of missing things with me and has been very pleasant and responsive. I haven't got a job yet, but am interviewing tomorrow. So far I can say I have had a positive experience with them. I did a bit of research on recruiters and always heard good things about Joyce and Korvia.
AaronLynch

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2010 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I used ATC and my recruiters name was Erica. Cant speak highly enough of her, within days she had me two good offers both public schools. She constantly rang me updating me on the situation and was always handy to answer questions I had. I am leaving in 2 weeks teaching near Busan on 2.35mil stoked bout that. Her email is
[email protected], highly recommended!!!!
desttiny13

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2010 5:59 pm    Post subject: First Timer Reply with quote

There are so many recruiters..does anyone have one that they have been absolutely head over heels working withH
desttiny13

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2010 6:17 pm    Post subject: The Best of the Best Reply with quote

Who can tell me the very best of recruiters..i've had years of teaching experience and don't want to jump into a situation that won't provide me with a great experience.

Help..I need your thoughts and reccomendations !
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> FAQ All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 6 of 9

Jump to: