Site Search:

Speak Korean Now!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Who got an iPhone?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 44, 45, 46, 47  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Technology Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
thurst

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2011 7:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

banjois wrote:
Picked up an iPhone 4 32 gig last night, on the spot, at the Gangnam KT Global Store. Super easy. Basically, the deal is, you get the phone on a two-year installment plan. If you take two years to pay it, you pay around 17,000 a month for the phone. If you cancel early, you pay about 40,000 per remaining month to buy the phone. All in all, it seems like a pretty decent deal.

where's the gangnam kt global store?
UknowsI

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2011 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

derp wrote:
hm, that's not sounding very promising. can you not sign up for smart sponsor on a d-2? I thought the whole point of it was to avoid the previous visa requirements.

It clearly says on their webpage that anyone can get a smart sponsor subscription regardless of visa status, however, they told me I couldn't when I asked for it in the store... There was probably some kind of misunderstanding, but that misunderstanding might be costing me money Sad
derp

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2011 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well, in the next week or so i'll go try it myself and see what happens. maybe i can get lucky with it.
hmc

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2011 6:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

To get to Gangnam kt global store you come out of exit 1 Gangnam station and walk straight a couple of blocks until you see the store on your left. The store is relatively new but I found the staff to be well-informed and helpful. An altogether painless experience.
probablylauren

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2011 10:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This http://expatblog.kt.com/category/List%20of%20KT%20Global%20Stores page on KT's blog has a list of stores. click on the store, gives you a google map.

Exit 2 for Gwanghwamun is better.
tehdee

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2011 1:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

today i was told, at the gangnam global store, that to be eligible for the smart-subscriber plan i had to be purchasing a handset from kt-- essentially, the plan is only available to new subscriptions who also subsidize or purchase a handset from kt. is this true!?
jleitao

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2011 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi all...I want to bring my US 3GS or 4G to Korea. I have heard that if i get it unlocked I will have no problem using it over there. Does anyone know how to do this and which company is the best to go with? How long of a contract will I have to sign because I am not buying a phone? I appreciate your help greatly!
UknowsI

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2011 10:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tehdee wrote:
today i was told, at the gangnam global store, that to be eligible for the smart-subscriber plan i had to be purchasing a handset from kt-- essentially, the plan is only available to new subscriptions who also subsidize or purchase a handset from kt. is this true!?

I bought a handset from KT was told I was not eligible for the smart subscriber plan if that makes you feel any better.
candypants

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2011 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i got one before two weeks , i am very delightful with it . lol....its great . Wink
derp

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2011 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just to follow up my previous post, I picked up an iphone4 yesterday. I had to pay up front since I'm on a d2 and don't have a CC, but I was able to do the smart sponsor plan.
hogwonguy1979

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2011 3:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wife and i got our 4gs today from the gwangwhamun global store, took us about an hour but they were polite, spoke greak english and even were able to transfer our contacts from our old phone to our new one/

ok now to ask a stupid question, when we use apps and are not connected to a wifi network does it count against our alloted calling minutes? assume since we got a plan with unlimited data that means we are using our data allotment
EstlHope

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2011 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Someone from my school signed me up for a plan through SK, and I really really hate the phone. I'd love to switch over to an iphone, but all of the info on here seems to be about KT. Does anyone know if I can get an iphone through SK, or what I'd have to do to switch to KT?
pkang0202

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2011 6:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

EstlHope wrote:
Someone from my school signed me up for a plan through SK, and I really really hate the phone. I'd love to switch over to an iphone, but all of the info on here seems to be about KT. Does anyone know if I can get an iphone through SK, or what I'd have to do to switch to KT?

Buy an Iphone outright from KT (you gotta pay the FULL price for the phone) or buy a used Iphone.

Take the Iphone to SK and have them activate it on their network.
peaches.for.free

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 5:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice infos here. Thanks.
stuey11

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2011 10:58 pm    Post subject: ... Reply with quote

on this website here

http://www.facebook.com/l.php?u=http%3A%2F%2Fshop.olleh.com%2Follehshop%2FCellphone%2Fiphone_foreigner.jsp&h=02a6cnXI9pLHwwxga6z-7e69fgg

it mentions something about device upgrade, does anyone know what that is? possible to upgrade from 3gs to 4g?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Technology Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 44, 45, 46, 47  Next
Page 45 of 47

Jump to: