Site Search:

Speak Korean Now!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Jungchul Junior Language school

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Job-related Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
nyc2010

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2011 9:19 am    Post subject: Jungchul Junior Language school Reply with quote

Anyone have information about this school or would recommend it? Especially the one in bucheon.

thanks,
Louis VI

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2011 10:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

1. Each Jungchul hagwon is different in its personnel administration. Don't judge the people at one based on experiences at another. It's a franchise. The name and books are bought by all kinds of moms and pops.

2. Jungchul is not bad for a beginning teacher, at least I thought so, having worked at one for my first few years. My first year I appreciated using the reading book and conversation book. I bever used the computer and CDs but certainly if you wanna do multimedia, that makes the job easier. In my second and third year I went off program and used the materials only about 30% of the time, bringing in a lot of outside material I'd put together to design my own lesson plans. The Jungchul system is kind of boring but can be zinged up, even for newbies, by fun end of class 5 minute review activities and the like. One certainly isn't lost in the classroom, as there is a structure to follow. For a newbie that can be a good thing.

3. Bucheon is far from my fav place, having only been there twice for a few hours, I was not impressed.
nyc2010

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2011 10:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Louis VI wrote:
1. Each Jungchul hagwon is different in its personnel administration. Don't judge the people at one based on experiences at another. It's a franchise. The name and books are bought by all kinds of moms and pops.

2. Jungchul is not bad for a beginning teacher, at least I thought so, having worked at one for my first few years. My first year I appreciated using the reading book and conversation book. I bever used the computer and CDs but certainly if you wanna do multimedia, that makes the job easier. In my second and third year I went off program and used the materials only about 30% of the time, bringing in a lot of outside material I'd put together to design my own lesson plans. The Jungchul system is kind of boring but can be zinged up, even for newbies, by fun end of class 5 minute review activities and the like. One certainly isn't lost in the classroom, as there is a structure to follow. For a newbie that can be a good thing.

3. Bucheon is far from my fav place, having only been there twice for a few hours, I was not impressed.

thanks for the information...regarding bucheon, when you say you've been there twice i assume you were talking about the city, no the school...also, would you know of anyone that could tell me about the specific branch in bucheon.

thanks,
glassandshells

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2011 12:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i would love any info on the dadaepo campus in busan. please pm me if you can. thanks!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Job-related Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: