Site Search:

Speak Korean Now!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Sugang Uni Interview

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Job-related Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Seoulman69

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 4:39 pm    Post subject: Sugang Uni Interview Reply with quote

I've been lucky enough to be invited to interview for a teaching position at Sugang University. They advised me I would have to answer questions and prepare a lesson for the interview.
Does anyone have any experience of an interview at Sugang? What type of questions will I be asked? Will they give me a subject to prepare a lesson for or should I prepare something for myself?

I would love to get this job and hope to make a good impression. I will get my hair cut but due to the weather might wear a nice shirt and sweater rather than a suit.

Please give me any advice you think might help me. Thank you.
antoniothegreat

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 2:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i have no experience with them, but if you are that anxious, i would prepare my own lesson just in case that is what they ask, and also be ready to adopt it to anything they want.
hajima 99

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 4:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very small piece of advice: forget about the weather (you'll survive), and just wear the suit especially if you're interviewing in front of a Korean panel. I'm pretty sure a Korean would never show up to a university faculty interview wearing anything less than a sharp pressed suit. Making the best impression possible at zero extra effort is a no brainer.

By the way, where is Sugang University? Are you not referring to Sogang?
Seoulman69

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 2:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the advice. I will wear my suit. I also got my hair cut today so hopefully I'll look good. I will make a quick lesson outline just in case.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Job-related Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: