Site Search:

Speak Korean Now!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Tim Hortons in Bundang
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> General Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mankind

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2004 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I looked into opening a Timmies here with a well off friend last year. Could not be done. They don't offer franchises over here, and told us they had no plans to. However krispy creme might, so if we do it I'll let you know.

HAND Smile

by the way you need like 300-500 thousand to franchise, insane expensive.
JackSarang

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2004 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like maybe they're just going to buy a ton of Tim Horton's coffee or just say its Tim Horton's coffee. Oh well.
FierceInvalid

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2004 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
My students know a bit of Tim Horton's culture: They can say "R-R-R Roll up the rim to win"

This post makes me want to cry. Or hit someone.

Quote:
I guess you missed the commercial where they sent the homesick Canadian Navy boy a ton of coffee after he wrote them a letter from the Middle East.

When I was back a couple of months ago there was also one where a Canadian backpacks through Europe with a Timmies mug strapped to his pack and because of it meets a bunch of other Canadians who were, of course, super people. Congratu-friggin-lations.

Bulsajo is right.

The people who said Tims coffee isn't good are also right. It always makes me laugh when people talk about how great Tims coffee is, then admit that they drink it double-double.
nateyb

PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2004 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ran into some people and got an update.

Apparently, there are going to be about 4 Canadian males working there, I ran into them yesterday. Yes, it is Tim Horton's coffee.

They are behind on the construction so when it is finished I will let you know.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
eamo

PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2004 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You just know that when this place eventually opens all the Canadian Tim Hortons lovers will go there, try the coffee and say,

"Not as good as back home, eh?"
nateyb

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2004 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

eamo wrote:
"Not as good as back home, eh?"

but there will be something else they will still complain about.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Tiberious aka Sparkles

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2004 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My semi-patriotic wish is that one of the TV channels over here start broadcasting Degrassi Junior High.

Or old episodes of Camilla. Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

Sparkles*_*
rok_the-boat

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2004 11:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know Sunae area but have seen no new coffee shop other than several Korean ones. So, where exactly is the new one to be? MacDonalds side of Lotte, or the Subway sandwich shop side? Or where?
VanIslander

Location: Geoje, Hadong, Tongyeong,... now in a small coastal island town outside Gyeongsangnamdo!

PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2004 11:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Everytime my students say "double, double" points when they say a perfect sentence in a grammar game I end up thinking about that cheesy bit of Canadiana.

nateyb wrote:
They are behind on the construction so when it is finished I will let you know.

Could you give us an update?

I can't believe it's only been two weeks since you last posted.
nateyb

PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2004 7:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

They still have not opened.... Why? I am not sure.

I have not run into those guys, so I am not sure what is going on. I can ask when I see them.

FYI, it is on the Subway side.
Tiberious aka Sparkles

PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2004 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nateyb wrote:

Subway, as in sandwiches?

I could really go for a 12-inch tuna sub right now.

Grrrrr (belly rumble)

Sparkles*_*
dogbert

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2004 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tim Hortons' store conversions almost finished

DUBLIN, Ohio (June 29) - Tim Hortons, parent of 2,587 units, said it nearly had finished converting to its own brand 42 former Bess Eaton stores in Rhode Island, Massachusetts and Connecticut.

The Canadian-based doughnut and coffee arm of Wendy's International Inc. bought the Bess Eaton outlets this spring for $41.6 million. Within eight weeks of acquiring the locations, nearly all of the Tim Hortons stores in Southern New England were already open for business, the company said.

Tim Hortons has a system of more than 2,360 units in Canada and 227 in the United States.

KFC won't add units in Tibet

LOUISVILLE, Ky. (June 2Cool - A spokesman for Yum! Brands Inc., parent of KFC, Taco Bell and Pizza Hut, was quoted in published reports as saying that KFC had no plans to expand to Tibet, but had not received a letter purportedly sent by the Dalai Lama, Tibet's spiritual leader and a vegetarian for almost 40 years, asking that the chain not develop there.

The Norfolk, Va.-based group People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals released a letter dated June 22 stating the Dalai Lama's opposition to KFC's expansion to Tibet, virtually the last Asian region without branches of the Louisville-based chain.

Yum could not be reached for comment by presstime.

Krispy Kreme sweetens pot with new offerings

By Sarah E. Lockyer

WINSTON-SALEM, N.C. (June 21) - Krispy Kreme Doughnuts Inc. may be down, but don't count it out, company officials reiterated throughout a recent quarterly conference call and annual shareholder meeting in late May.
Following a recently eroded stock price and a 21-percent drop in operating income to $18.6 million for the first quarter ended May 2, Krispy Kreme officials promised to build on several initiatives intended to improve results. Among them are new products, such as frozen beverages, and new programs, such as a gift card offering and a revamped ordering process to reduce shrinkage in the company's wholesale operations.

Company officials also insist that the performance records of their chain's franchised units — which is closely guarded information often cited by analysts as the missing link in deciphering Krispy Kreme's viability — should not be of concern.

"Rumors of unhappy franchisees are not true," John Tate, chief operating officer of the doughnut chain, said in an interview. "All but three came to our annual meeting [May 26]; that is an incredible show of support. You know, 'Rumors of our death are greatly exaggerated.' "

. . .

The store openings "are a great way to raise awareness and have been especially powerful in international markets," Tate said.

[Source = Nation's Restaurant News]
Hollywoodaction

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2004 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Right. Tim Horton's hasn't been Canadian owned since 1995. There are now roughly 140 Tim Horton's in the States. Yes, it is better than Dunkin Donnuts, but that isn't saying much. Besides, they have stopped making the donnuts instore. They are now delivered to the store in a refrigerator truck (so you can forget about going to Tim's for a fresh donnut).

As for the Tim's opening in Bundang, it seems to me like it's an urban legend. Who has seen the sign? A friend of a friend simply isn't a reliable witness.

This thread has been open for quite some time, almost too long it seems. When was the last time that you've seen a Korean business that took so long to open? I'm not saying it isn't true, but it sure seems suspicious.
Zyzyfer

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2004 2:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tiberious aka Sparkles wrote:
nateyb wrote:

Subway, as in sandwiches?

Yes, as in Subway sandwiches. Though I'm partial to the meatball subs myself.

You gotta get out and hang with the big dogs. Sunae Plaza is my playground. Swank.
sistersarah

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2004 3:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

oh man, a maple dip would be good right now!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> General Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 3 of 6

Jump to: