Site Search:

Speak Korean Now!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Tim Hortons in Bundang
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> General Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
theatrelily

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2004 4:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There has been so much hype about the Tim Horton's in Sunae. I have been to the coffee shop. Here it is:

It is on the Subway side of Sunae. It is called the "Canadian Classic Cafe" on the right side of the strip. The decor is almost completely done in hockey/Toronto Maple Leafs stuff....

The people who work there are 4 Canadian males who are here until October... they are just here to set the place up apparantly.

The coffee sucks. And no, this isn't one of those "it's not the same as home" laments. It sucks by Korean standards by god!

The brewed coffee (Canadian style coffee on the menu) is weak as piss. I even stopped drinking it and brought the cup of coffee back to the counter. I would've walked out but they offered to make me a "cafe americano" instead.

The brewed coffee is made with the Buns coffee machines (off to a good start) but the coffee is dark, coffee-flavoured water because when they first opened all the Korean patrons complained that the coffee was too strong.

The menu has "Canadian coffee" and "Cafe Americano" options. The former is tasteless, the latter is Starbucks.

Very disappointing....I was a bitter, bitter Betty...

End Report.
Hollywoodaction

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2004 4:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you being sarcastic when you say it's a Tim Horton's? Or, is it really a Tim Horton's, but with a different name? Any donnuts?
theatrelily

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2004 5:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No Tim Hortons. No donuts. *sigh*

It was a lovely dream while it lasted... Sad
paperbag princess

PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2004 12:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok, tim horton's puts nutmeg in their coffee and they use shitty beans. i miss tim horton's only when i go on road trips.

someone should open a second cup here. that's something i miss terribly. second cup coffee is a million times better than starbucks...
Tiberious aka Sparkles

PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2004 12:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey! A new Haagen Dazs shop just opened near Seohyun.

I wonder if they have cookie dough ice cream on the menu.

Sparkles*_*
frogrocket

PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2004 3:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

osangrl wrote:
Ahhh tim hortons...that is the first thing i had when i got off the plane....calgary airport has one right outside the luggage thing. Sweet lord it was good.

SERIOUSLY I have been saying for months it's the FIRST THING I DO off the plane...Timmy's double double and a double chocolate donut...then I'm heading to Swiss Chalet!!!!

I LOVE IT! I had 2 cans delivered over here...I've gone through 3 in 6 months......but it's nothing compared to the REAL THING!

YUMMMMMMY! Razz
Grotto

PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2004 10:19 pm    Post subject: tim hortons Reply with quote

A moment of silence please. Let us bow our heads and reflect on the truly magnificent donuts that Tim Hortons produces daily.

I hunger for...nay crave!!! The glazed chocolate sour cream donut...in my mind the apex of donut creation....and I vow I will have one as soon as I can get to a Tim Hortons. (2 weeks Very Happy )

The pale imitation that is Dunkin Donuts only makes you realise how much you miss quality donuts.
Hollywoodaction

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2004 3:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I usually roast my own coffee ('���� Ŀ��') (yep, green coffee beans are available from Korean online stores). I don't always have time to roast, so I bought some roasted beans yesterday. I picked up a 400g bag of Korean Maxwell House Hotel Roast for 6500 won, not knowing if it would be any good. Turns out it's identical in every way to Tim Hortons coffee (the degree of roast, the size of the grinds, the aroma, the flavour, etc.). My wife thinks so, too (Tim Hortons is the only coffee she'll try at Canadian strenght). It's so close, I wonder if it isn't the same product. Don't bother to go to the blackmarket to get some Nabob as a substitute for Tim Hortons coffee, as someone previously suggested in this forum. Maxwell House is available in every grocery stores, so you won't have trouble finding this.
mishlert

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2004 4:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
. . . the latter is Starbucks
Which I would have brought back as well.
I prefer Coffee Bean&Tea Leaf.
brenton

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2004 5:12 pm    Post subject: Tim Horton's Reply with quote

Tim Horton's or as its affectionately known Timmy's is a Canadian tradition. Their products are superior to American imitators. Tim Horton's blend coffee is essentially Mother Parker's Coffee.
What's with all the Canada bashing? I could understand taking a verbal potshot or two at D.A.Y.'s. I am a proud Canadian and while I enjoy a battle of wits I rarely engage in mone with an American. The reason being it would be greatly unfair to attack an unarmed man.
nateyb

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2004 5:37 pm    Post subject: Re: Tim Horton's Reply with quote

brenton wrote:
I am a proud Canadian and while I enjoy a battle of wits I rarely engage in mone with an American. The reason being it would be greatly unfair to attack an unarmed man.

Huh? What are you talking about?

I work across from the Classic Canadian Coffeehouse, and the coffee is not that bad.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Draven

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2004 5:38 pm    Post subject: Re: Tim Horton's Reply with quote

brenton wrote:
What's with all the Canada bashing? I could understand taking a verbal potshot or two at D.A.Y.'s. I am a proud Canadian and while I enjoy a battle of wits I rarely engage in mone with an American. The reason being it would be greatly unfair to attack an unarmed man.

Didn't we just go through this on another thread with ThisCharmedMan? Complain about being attacked and then attack back similarily.

To go with your lame cliche to troll the Americans on this board I'll give you another one: two wrongs don't make a right.

Be proud of being Canadian if you want, but don't do it by slagging others. It's bad form.

Btw, I'd like to state for the record that I think Tim's coffee and doughnuts both suck. And I'm Canadian, too.
Zyzyfer

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2004 10:35 pm    Post subject: Re: Tim Horton's Reply with quote

brenton wrote:
Tim Horton's or as its affectionately known Timmy's is a Canadian tradition. Their products are superior to American imitators. Tim Horton's blend coffee is essentially Mother Parker's Coffee.

Do all of the Tim Horton's bashers have pins on that say "I am an American!"?
T-dot

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2004 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The place is the Canadian Coffee House.
The originally had Timmy's coffe in the banner. When i asked if it was; thet said it was similar, but not the real deal.

The coffee isn't that good, don't even try the iced cappucino thing they have (pure sugar, don't know where they hide the coffee taste).

The place is littere with Toronto Maple Leaf paraphanelia, that alone made me left.

I'll take the McD's 1000 won coffee thanks. (its actually not bad)
Tiberious aka Sparkles

PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2004 3:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

T-dot wrote:

The place is littere with Toronto Maple Leaf paraphanelia, that alone made me left.

TMKATM, the next time you visit the ROK, I'll take you here -- my treat. I hope you don't mind that I like my coffee with extra wiskey.

Sparkles*_*
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> General Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 4 of 6

Jump to: