Site Search:

Speak Korean Now!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Tim Hortons in Bundang
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> General Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
canadian_in_korea

PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2004 5:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kylehawkins2000 wrote:
I can see that Molsen markets themselves along Nationalistic lines....eg. the "I am Canadian" spiel, the red maple leaf on the bottle, etc. But Tim Hortons? It's definitely a Canadian staple but I dont' really think they market themselves in a Nationalistic manner. I think a significant number of Canadians don't even relize that Tim Horton was a hockey player. I don't see anyone saying anything about being Canadian int he commercials.

Of course maybe I've missed out on it. I haven't been in Canada much for the last 6 years, so perhaps things have changed.

I'm from Halifax and before I came to Korea.....there it was....a big sign with only a cup of Tim Horton's coffee and the words "True Patirot Love"....somewhere it has become nationalistic.
jj_

PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2004 8:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yea, you do need about 500, 000 and the waiting list is about a year Sad
VanIslander

Location: Geoje, Hadong, Tongyeong,... now in a small coastal island town outside Gyeongsangnamdo!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2004 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I feel that ol' nostalgia for home feeling coming on with the first signs of autumn, so...
theatrelily wrote:

There has been so much hype about the Tim Horton's in Sunae. I have been to the coffee shop. Here it is:

It is on the Subway side of Sunae.

Is that in Daegu? Specific directions for out of towners would be nice.

theatrelily wrote:
It is called the "Canadian Classic Cafe" on the right side of the strip. The decor is almost completely done in hockey/Toronto Maple Leafs stuff....

The people who work there are 4 Canadian males who are here until October... they are just here to set the place up apparently.

Sounds good.

theatrelily wrote:
The coffee sucks. And no, this isn't one of those "it's not the same as home" laments. It sucks by Korean standards by god!

What else is on the menu? I don't drink coffee but that's never stopped me from enjoying other items at Tim Horton's and the like.
T-dot

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2004 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

its nothing like tim hortons, go to cafe decoutiere down the street.
riverboy

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2004 12:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tim Horton's is essntially the top quality of the crap coffe heap. That being said, I have a big can sitting on my shelf with no can opener Rolling Eyes

Compared the the coffee in Korea, it is dark, rich, nectar.
Poker-Guy

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2004 12:20 am    Post subject: Ah Timmy's Reply with quote

I bring my own Tim's back with me every time I go home. Currently sipping a cup of Tim's fine grind at the moment. Smarten up people!!! If you think you'll really miss something from home, bring it with you.
itaewonguy

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2004 1:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree and I have said it before..
that canadian cafe in sunae has TERRIBLE COFFEE!!
dont know IF I can ever go back there..
kiwiboy_nz_99

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2004 1:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Itaewonguy wrote:
I agree and I have said it before..
that canadian cafe in sunae has TERRIBLE COFFEE!!
dont know IF I can ever go back there..

Ask an Italian!
tomwaits

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2004 2:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

2nd Cup and News of the World are better chains..But at times a jumbo TH coffee and apple fritter is just what the doctor ordered.

Dunkin Donut barely can be called coffee. I'd rather have 5 of those 300 won machine coffees.
dg611

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2004 2:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

all this fuss over coffee?

Gee, I'm glad I'm allergic Smile
T-dot

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2004 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i tried to bring a can over but it mysteriously disappeared when i picked up my bag after going through customs. Sad
Gideon

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2004 11:53 pm    Post subject: Timmys Reply with quote

Yes. i too am a Tim Hortons fan. I love that coffee... And havn't found much here in Korea that compares.

I have been fortunate to have met Ron Joyce, the previous owner of Tim Hortons and Wendys. I have a buddy of mine that does a lot of sailing. Last year i was with him in Marblehead, Boston for a sailing race to Halifax. It was a lot of fun. Anyway, Ron Joyce purchased a 120' sailboat which was built in Austrailia, estimated to be about 30-45 million.

I've seen this boat first hand. Biggest boat i've been next to. He's got it all done up. This boats more like a Yacht. Its built for racing but its got tooo many other things in it that slow it down. For example at the stern of the boat Ron Joyce had the boat builders put in a hot tub, not to mention all the other leather fixings and stuff he has in it.

Anyway, a good friend of mine is currently the engineer on this boat. Said its gotta be worth about 40 million.

So the next time you purchase a cup of coffee, think about what you helped him buy... haha...

I'd say i've got about 1000 or more coffee's worth in his boat.. haha
mindmetoo

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2006 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was back in Canada. I'm still not a fan of Tim Hortons coffee but they've got this new donut... the chocolate covered cinnamon roll that's.... whoa. Especially if warm.
Mea

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2006 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They have Tim Horton's in the UK now (well, England at least, as far as I know, and they are only located in hospitals, truckstop-type places, etc), so why not Korea?

I worked at Tim's for 3 summers, and recently went back with the plan to work for the few months between finishing uni and going to Korea, but I quit after a short while because I was worried I wouldn't be able to stop myself from "spilling" coffee on the STUPID FRICKIN' CUSTOMERS. 90% of the customers were great, but some people... urgh.
mrd

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2006 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Umm - this thread was 2 years old!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> General Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 5 of 6

Jump to: