Site Search:

Speak Korean Now!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The best place you've been...?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> FAQ
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tiger Beer

PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2003 4:44 am    Post subject: Brazil vs. Korea Reply with quote

4 months left wrote:
Ahhhhh Brasil....
wicked women Very Happy
unbelievable beaches Cool
friendly people Smile
great food
wicked weed Wink
Kind of the exact opposite of Korea. Laughing

Pardiso. Mr. Green

Opposites:
Brazil: wicked sexy women.
Korea: naive sexy women.

Brazil: sexy unbelievable beaches
Korea: unbelievably crowded beaches

Brazil: sexy friendly people
Korea: goofy friendly people

Brazil: wicked weed
Korea: no weed
4 months left

PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2003 5:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have to agree with you tiger except for the Korean women, they don't really do much for me. I guess there are some sexy ones but then you have to deal with the Korean culture embedded in them which I can't take. I am surprised you picked Korea as your #2 country. I have only been to 9 countries and Korea rates a distance last for me. The only good thing is the money.
Tiger Beer

PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2003 5:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

4 months left wrote:
Have to agree with you tiger except for the Korean women, they don't really do much for me. I guess there are some sexy ones but then you have to deal with the Korean culture embedded in them which I can't take. I am surprised you picked Korea as your #2 country. I have only been to 9 countries and Korea rates a distance last for me. The only good thing is the money.

What are the 9 you have been to?

Korea grows on you. It was the first country I'd been to outside of North America. I hated it at first. I was here for one year back in 1996-1997 and swore I'd never come back again.

BUT... it grows on you.. I think everyone I knew in 1996-1997 swore up and down they couldn't wait to get out of Korea.. but 5 years later, at least 10-12 were still around.. why? mm.. didn't like it back at home.. Thailand wasn't as fun to live as it was to visit.. Taiwan was alright but a little boring.. the list goes on and on.. some do go and stay elsewhere.. but most come back..

I have a long list of reasons why I like Korea now.. but.. for a few years I had a long list of reasons why I hated Korea as well.. slowly those things kind of melted away.. and you realize that you miss it when you aren't there..

Usually it hits you though when you are back in your home country bored out of your mind.. nowhere to go.. no stimulus anywhere.. nothing but crickets all around you.. and then you begin to remember the reason you left home in the first place.. that kind of thing..
4 months left

PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2003 5:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
What are the 9 you have been to?

1 Brazil
2 Thailand
3 Indonesia
4 Mexico
5 Japan
6 Korea

Canada
US - I guess only 8
Been here for two years with a 6 month break back home. It doesn't grow on me at all except for negatively.

I can wait to get back home although I may travel more.
Tiger Beer

PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2003 6:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BRAZIL

Fortunately you've been to the very best! Nothing compares to Brazil. I spent six wonderful months there trying to teach English. Someday I want to go back and try again. Its kind of one of those countries you need to save alot of money before you go and work in them.

I feel saudade for Brasil.. someday... I'll be back someday.. Brahma Beer, samba dancers, Copocabana, more samba dancers, carnival, yet more samba dancers, land of bikini dental floss, yet more samba dancers.. *sigh*..

No Doubt About IT! BRAZIL is the BEST!
The King of Kwangju

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2003 10:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

#1 is probably a tie between Indonesia and Nepal. Beautiful countries both, and endlessly fascinating, altho Jakarta has to be the worst city on earth.

Korea ranks pretty high. As the BUG guy says: it's like a clam that looks rough and harsh on the outside, but its pretty damn good once you crack it open and taste what's inside.
Ya-ta Boy

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2003 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My vote goes to Tahiti/Moorea, especially Moorea. Those eroded volcanoes are pretty amazing...and once you've seen the women topless on the beach, you totally understand why Fletcher Christian went native. Shocked The climate ain't bad either.

Second place goes to South Island, New Zealand. Great scenery, friendly sheep,...er people.

Third has to be the coast south of Pohang...drinking soju on the beach while a storm blows in from the sea, listening to the drums and gongs on "Liberate the Fish Day".
some waygug-in

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2003 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wish I were as well travelled as some of you, but from the few places I have been, I loved Mexico although I hated not being able to make a living. Friendly people, interesting culture, interesting history, interesting music, lots to see and do, fantastic sunny weather.
On the down side, can't make much as a teacher, most of the really nice places are touristy and overpriced, I was always a target of every scammer and rip-off jobber who saw me.

Guatemala was beautiful, but dangerous! After being robbed there, I was kind of soured towards the place. Guatemala is a scary place to be if you have no money. I was never so glad as when I crossed the border back into Mexico.

I always wanted to go to Brazil, maybe some day.

Korea, well if it's going to grow on me, it sure hasn't yet, except for the money thing. And as far as the women go, I had a weird experience last week. I met a not too bad looking Canadian gal last week and I almost creamed my jeans on the spot. I am so tired of the Asian shape, or lack therof.

If it wasn't for the money, I would never consider Korea.
Rolling Eyes
Magog

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2003 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ive been everywhere, so F off
elmer

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2003 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Magog....well, this had been a nice thread..... Wink

I certainly haven't been everywhere, but I'm going to cast my vote for the Great Wall. So much history, stuff you've always heard about, so many allusions. I had the coolest feeling being there. It was winter, so hardly anyone was there. I think it gave it less of a touristy atmosphere that prevails in the summer.

Otherwise,
some of the temples blew me away in Bangkok. Seeing and comparing the different styles of Buddhism in different Asian countries is cool.

Thailand will always be unforgettable for me since it was my first tropical experience (I don't think Hawaii when I was 5 counts.. Very Happy )---amazing beaches, warm water, snorkeling (also a first).....ahhh...
sillywilly

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2003 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

New York, Korea in general and Borocay.. Montreal is fun too.
mack the knife

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2003 1:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jungfrau, switzerland and alberta canada get my vote as two of the most beautiful, serene places on earth...that chateau on lake louise...man...it's picture perfect, even with all the point-and-shoot japanese tourists!!

thailand was great until they started killing everyone...it's a bloody crusade is what it is...and of course innocent folks will get killed (yes, i know innocent folks get killed because of the drug trade anyway...but...why add more? drugs are still going to run through thailand...)

vietnam has the same vibe as thailand and basically the same draws (great beaches, great islands, great food, nice people, cheap as dirt)...you can shoot an AK47 or M16 right on top of the cu-chi tunnels where u.s. soldiers and vietcong fought bitterly...if you're into that sort of thing...and don't miss monkey island...

someone mentioned boracay...**golf clap**...one of the must see places for all english teachers...as long as the freaks with bombs stay away...
Harpeau

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2003 3:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Boracay,
Bali
Kyoto
Girona
Amsterdamn
Barcelona
Vancouver
Kao Samet
Monaco
Paris
Vienna
Budapest
Hong Kong
Montreal
Dublin
Kuala Lumpur
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
Tiger Beer

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2003 9:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

All of this talk makes me want to TRAVEL TRAVEL TRAVEL!!!
yodanole

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2003 12:57 pm    Post subject: HOME Reply with quote

Kansas, there's no place like home. Wait a minute! I'm not fom Kansas.

As, it turned out, even Dorothy didn't stay in Kansas.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> FAQ All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 2 of 10

Jump to: