Site Search:

Speak Korean Now!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

One-way ticket (NO visa)
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Travel Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Savant

PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2010 6:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Drew345 wrote:
If you are talking about the Beetle boat to Japan, you actually get your confirmation and then have 3 days to pay (or something like that). You can print your confirmation, then if you don't pay, your ticket drops out of the system. Airline checkin staff can't check if you proceeded on with the payment or not, so may as well just let the confirmation expire.
But you do need to give them your credit card info before making the reservation.
Again there is no way to be sure that the Airline staff will accept a boat ticket out as your proof of onward journey anyway, but I have read that it worked for people before. And it is one more thing working in your favor (boat ticket + knowledge about waiver = good chance to get on board).

I have done this. It worked for me. The Beetle ferry "confirmation" is accepted as proof of onward travel.
OiGirl

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2010 8:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

With a C-3 I did have to show proof of onward travel.
joshhughes77

PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2010 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did this just a couple months ago. I was returning from a visit home to the States, and my new school had not been able to get my visa stuff together in time (I'm the first person they ever sponsored).
Anyway, nothing at all was said to me at departure from Chicago. Upon arriving at Incheon, Immigration asked me about the visa, and I simply told them I was doing a visa run to Japan in a couple weeks. End of story. They didn't ask for comfirmation of a trip to Japan or anything, just said I had 90 to get a visa or leave, and let me through.
moosehead

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2010 12:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've come into Korea several times w/o a visa but always from a nearby country, never all the way from the U.S. Actually they were return trips when I left at the end of a contract, then flew back on a tourist visa. kinda ironic, huh?

OP, You didn't actually state where you are intending to fly in from, btw.

the waiver is real, you just insist on it.

personally, I get a little annoyed when any airline asks me about my visa status or onward travel plans as I see it as just an excuse for them to sell more tkts, they are not immigration nor are they govt employees, they are commercial operators and have no business (IMO) even asking about a return tkt.

you can also sway them with the "I have family there or gf/bf to visit" and see how that goes.

so yes, it is possible and very likely you won't have any difficulty. at the very least, you might be asked to sign the waiver.

**please note, however** when asked to sign a waiver, it is also customary to be asked to state your bank account balance to assure the country you want to fly to that you do, indeed, have enough funds to take care of yourself. Usually a few thousand $$ will suffice.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Travel Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: