Site Search:

Speak Korean Now!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Do you live in Gangneung?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> FAQ
View previous topic :: View next topic  
teachingld2004

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2004 4:07 am    Post subject: Do you live in Gangneung? Reply with quote

Attention all English Speakers,
Do you live in Gangneung or closeby? Would you like to meet people who you can relate to on a mature level? Starting a club for people age 39 or over who are interested in sharing their time and trading their ideas. For more information, email Joanne at [email protected]
osangrl

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2004 5:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i wish i lived there. Sad
Arthur Fonzerelli

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2004 7:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

no, I live in Suwon.
buddy bradley

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2004 7:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Would you like to meet people who you can relate to on a mature level? Starting a club for people age 39 or over who are interested in sharing their time and trading their ideas.

So you're implying that because I'm not older than 39 I'm not mature?

All of the discrimination on this board really wears me down sometimes...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Arthur Fonzerelli

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2004 7:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

buddy bradley wrote:
Quote:
Would you like to meet people who you can relate to on a mature level? Starting a club for people age 39 or over who are interested in sharing their time and trading their ideas.

So you're implying that because I'm not older than 39 I'm not mature?

All of the discrimination on this board really wears me down sometimes...

bb,

I've read your posts.... you are far from "mature"

fonzie
teachingld2004

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2004 4:06 pm    Post subject: living in Gangneung or closeby Reply with quote

I don't mean to offend anyone.Of corse if you are 20 or 30 you may be mature, and if you are 55 you may be not. It is just that people over the age of 39 have different issues, and it is good to be with people this age. We have been turned down for jobs because of our age, and some of us may have children we left behind in another country. These are topics we discuss. Some one 25 yrs old can not relate to that. I have friends who are every age, but there are times I want to be with this age group. Don't you think that there are clubs for people 25 to 35? There are gay clubs, there are feminist clubs. Every club has a focus. No need for anyone to get offended.
indytrucks

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2004 6:02 pm    Post subject: Re: living in Gangneung or closeby Reply with quote

teachingld2004 wrote:
I don't mean to offend anyone.Of corse if you are 20 or 30 you may be mature, and if you are 55 you may be not. It is just that people over the age of 39 have different issues, and it is good to be with people this age. We have been turned down for jobs because of our age, and some of us may have children we left behind in another country. These are topics we discuss. Some one 25 yrs old can not relate to that. I have friends who are every age, but there are times I want to be with this age group. Don't you think that there are clubs for people 25 to 35? There are gay clubs, there are feminist clubs. Every club has a focus. No need for anyone to get offended.

Great response. Don't let the trolls on this board throw you.
Grotto

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2004 4:00 pm    Post subject: Gangnueng Reply with quote

I am in Taebaek but I occasionally make trips up to Gangnueng to see the beach go to e-mart. I would love to meet some other poeple my own age.

I am also interested in getting a job in Gangnueng when my contract ends here at the end of July. If you have any insight in that area I would appreciate it.

Also I make a pretty good neighbor, I was a chef for 20 years in Canada and love to cook still, one of my joys is cooking for others who appreciate good food. I have introduced Mexican, Italian, French, German, Chinese, Thai, Irish, Scottish and North American foods to many of my students.
teachingld2004

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2004 6:39 am    Post subject: If you are in Gangneung or closeby... Reply with quote

Grotto, or anyone who is interested, email me for more information. Andfor anyone who is interested, there is an over 40's group in Seoul that I started. If anyone wants information about that, emailme and I will be pleased to send them your email.
Joanne
[email protected]
Inigo Montoya

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2004 5:51 am    Post subject: Website for the group Reply with quote

The website for this group has been started. It will be updated as required so bookmark it. Here is the url: http://www.webspawner.com/users/youngatheart2004/

Looking forward to meeting you, Grotto. Laughing [/url]
lao_ocean_girl

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2004 4:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grotto, if you'd like more info about Gangneung, you can email me. I also have a Korean friend who lives in Gangneung and recruits for a lot of schools here. I'm starting my 3rd year here, and love this city.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> FAQ All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: