Site Search:

TEFL International Supports Dave's ESL Cafe
TEFL Courses, TESOL Course, English Teaching Jobs - TEFL International
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Where to buy cheap men's clothes?!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> General Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pikachun1

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2010 7:00 am    Post subject: Where to buy cheap men's clothes?! Reply with quote

In particular, I am looking to buy men's jeans, and my cousin told me that it usually costs 80,000 to over 100,000 for a pair of jeans. Are these jeans just the ones at the department stores (ie. lotte)? Does anyone know where to get cheap jeans, maybe something in the ball park of uniqlo (50,000won) and lower?

Any help would be awesome. thanks!
Hyeon Een

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2010 8:08 am    Post subject: Re: Where to buy cheap men's clothes?! Reply with quote

pikachun1 wrote:
In particular, I am looking to buy men's jeans, and my cousin told me that it usually costs 80,000 to over 100,000 for a pair of jeans. Are these jeans just the ones at the department stores (ie. lotte)? Does anyone know where to get cheap jeans, maybe something in the ball park of uniqlo (50,000won) and lower?

Any help would be awesome. thanks!

Am I missing something? You can buy Uniqlo jeans in Uniqlo. They cost about 40,000-50,000won if I remember rightly.

You can buy Emart own brand jeans in Emart. You can buy Homeplus own brand jeans in Homeplus. You can buy jeans in a bunch of cheapish stores in any town you live in.

If you specifically want Levis, they'll probably cost more than you're used to if you're from N. America. Less than you're used to if you're from Europe.

If you want to buy 'designer' brand jeans they'll cost a lot of money. Your cousin's estimate would be on the low end. Also, don't shop in department stores unless they have a sale. The sales staff suck unless you like a salesman/woman standing an inch from you the entire time you browse through their little section of the store. And you like paying a lot more than in any other shop.
Steve_Rogers2008

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2010 8:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

just go out to Itaewon, and pretty much any men's clothing store will have someone trying to drag you in.... some do have jeans. look hard enough out there, and you'll find some.... Very Happy
nobbyken

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2010 8:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try Orange Factory.
I got decent ones there, and they ain't heavy weight like most Western jeans, which is ideal from Spring to Autumn. OK in winter with thermal underwear too.
Sector7G

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2010 5:20 pm    Post subject: Re: Where to buy cheap men's clothes?! Reply with quote

Hyeon Een wrote:
You can buy Homeplus own brand jeans in Homeplus. You can buy jeans in a bunch of cheapish stores in any town you live in.

The Homeplus brand is called FriSunSat jeans, and they sell for as low as 7500 won a pair(for the basic style). I bought 2 pairs last month, one regular denim and one a little more faded, and the quality is amazingly good. I also bought a little more stylish pair for about 19,000 won.

Homeplus will hem them for free too. All in all, a great bargain.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> General Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: