Site Search:

Speak Korean Now!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

King Sized Bed

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> General Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dongjak

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 2:59 am    Post subject: King Sized Bed Reply with quote

Does anybody know where I can get an American sized king size bed? Ive contacted several vendors on gmarket and they only have Korean king sized beds which are much smaller than an American one. I already have the mattress.
Drew345

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 3:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had to get my bed for Cal King mattress (purchased from Costco) custom made. I searched for months and months for ready made beds, even checked into shipping one from America (way expensive).
I got it built at some furniture town out near Ilsan. Sorry, can't remember the name. There were lots of furniture shops and IKEA resellers out there. It seemed like a pretty famous place.
The custom made bed was about 800 KWon as far as I remember. It has drawers, there were probably cheaper options too (and more expensive).
I think mattresses in Korea have so many different "standard" sizes that custom making is often done. So it's not as extreme of an idea as I first thought.
dongjak

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 3:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, that is what I thought we might have to do. Normally I would just throw out the king size mattress and stick with our Korean queen but it is an American Simmons and it is sooooo soft and comfortable.
Who's Your Daddy?

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 3:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a Simmons king I bought here in Korea (great bed). Are you telling me it is smaller/different than the US King size?
dongjak

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 5:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a Simmons I bought from a military guy, it's 190cm whereas all the Korean king sized beds (non Simmons) are 160cm. Every vendor I contacted said an American king size won't fit a Korean king size bed.

Did you buy the Simmons mattress with the bed as a package? If so, i guess it's probably imported and American sized. I saw those packages on gmarket but they were around 2 million and I'm way too cheap to pay that
fosterman

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

visit any shop which makes furniture, usual in korea they call these areas
furniture town, they will custom build your base for you, what ever design you please.

goyang near Ilsan has a furniture town.
Who's Your Daddy?

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bought mine at a Simmons store in my town. It's what you see on G-market. I'm planning on taking it back to Canada with me so I hope it's the same size.

But, FYI, I basically have to buy all my King size bedding from G Market because the shops don't carry the size.

I moved up to King size, because it did feel our prior "Queen" bed was really a twin size. My feet would always stick out the end of the "Queen" size bedding.
dongjak

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We will have to head over to the furniture town and see what they say. Luckily we bought several sets of king sized bedding when we went home last summer, got everything we need except for the actual bed. And simmons mattresses are unbelievably comfortable.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> General Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: