Site Search:
 
TEFL International Supports Dave's ESL Cafe
TEFL Courses, TESOL Course, English Teaching Jobs - TEFL International
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"
 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

New Bundang Line/ Suin Line
Goto page Previous  1, 2
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> General Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Zyzyfer



Joined: 29 Jan 2003
Location: who, what, where, when, why, how?

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2011 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jeez I feel dumb now. I've been walking by Gagnam Station daily and wondering what all the construction was about. Didn't realize it was being connected to the Bundang line!

Bundang!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
marsavalanche



Joined: 27 Aug 2010
Location: where pretty lies perish

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2011 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sojusucks wrote:
Thanks for responding. Sorry I seemed to get angry in my last post, but some posters are "know-it-alls" when it comes to anything to do with bars or booze but then, other important things like costco and other western junk food in korea are beyond their grasp.


fixed
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
sojusucks



Joined: 31 May 2008

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2011 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

marsavalanche wrote:
sojusucks wrote:
Thanks for responding. Sorry I seemed to get angry in my last post, but some posters are "know-it-alls" when it comes to anything to do with bars or booze but then, other important things like costco and other western junk food in korea are beyond their grasp.


fixed


LOL- and many other things.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
dairyairy



Joined: 17 May 2012
Location: South Korea

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did it open yesterday?

http://kojects.com/2012/09/09/line-extensions-bundang-line-northern-extension/

Quote:
The northern extension of the Bundang line will open on October 6. Construction on the extension began in October 2004 and since then downtown Gangnam has had to put up with reduced road width, trucks and cranes while the line was installed. The trouble will be worth it for many who have been waiting years for a better connection between central Gangnam districts and the north of Seoul. Trains will operate every 3-4 minutes during peak hours and every 8 minutes at other times.

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Jake_Kim



Joined: 27 Aug 2005
Location: Seoul

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dairyairy wrote:
Did it open yesterday?

http://kojects.com/2012/09/09/line-extensions-bundang-line-northern-extension/

Quote:
The northern extension of the Bundang line will open on October 6. Construction on the extension began in October 2004 and since then downtown Gangnam has had to put up with reduced road width, trucks and cranes while the line was installed. The trouble will be worth it for many who have been waiting years for a better connection between central Gangnam districts and the north of Seoul. Trains will operate every 3-4 minutes during peak hours and every 8 minutes at other times.



It did indeed, now the trains on yellow line run all the way up to Wangsimni.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
dairyairy



Joined: 17 May 2012
Location: South Korea

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 3:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jake_Kim wrote:
dairyairy wrote:
Did it open yesterday?

http://kojects.com/2012/09/09/line-extensions-bundang-line-northern-extension/

Quote:
The northern extension of the Bundang line will open on October 6. Construction on the extension began in October 2004 and since then downtown Gangnam has had to put up with reduced road width, trucks and cranes while the line was installed. The trouble will be worth it for many who have been waiting years for a better connection between central Gangnam districts and the north of Seoul. Trains will operate every 3-4 minutes during peak hours and every 8 minutes at other times.



It did indeed, now the trains on yellow line run all the way up to Wangsimni.


Praise the Lord! Now, there are four more extensions due to open during the rest of 2012. Let's hope they'll all open.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Ruthdes



Joined: 16 Oct 2008
Location: Seoul

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 4:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I rode past the new station one block north of Seolleung (Samreung according to my subway app) today and it appears to be decidedly not finished. Any word on whether it's operating yet? The intersection's still a construction zone.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
thatkidpercy



Joined: 05 Sep 2010

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ruthdes wrote:
I rode past the new station one block north of Seolleung (Samreung according to my subway app) today and it appears to be decidedly not finished. Any word on whether it's operating yet? The intersection's still a construction zone.


What a Doubting Thomas! It's open... video evidence here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hkS00StlBhI

You might need to update your subway app - the new stations are:

Seolleung > Seonjeongneung > Gangnam-gu Office > Apgujeong Rodeo > Seoul Forest > Wangsimni
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Ruthdes



Joined: 16 Oct 2008
Location: Seoul

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 7:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good to know. Though I did update my subway app about 30 seconds before I started writing that post and it hadn't changed. I just did it again now and it's showing it open. I still stand by my observation that, as of Monday (Oct 8th), Samreung Station looked like a pretty solid construction zone. If it's a working station nonetheless, that's great.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
SomeGuyInKorea



Joined: 09 Oct 2012

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ruthdes wrote:
Good to know. Though I did update my subway app about 30 seconds before I started writing that post and it hadn't changed. I just did it again now and it's showing it open. I still stand by my observation that, as of Monday (Oct 8th), Samreung Station looked like a pretty solid construction zone. If it's a working station nonetheless, that's great.


That's because it is also still under heavy construction for the Line number 9 station which is being built there. This won't be open until at least 2014 so expect it to be like that for a while.

Edit: Also the station's name is Seonjeongneung Station (선정릉역).
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> General Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


This page is maintained by the one and only Dave Sperling.
Contact Dave's ESL Cafe
Copyright © 2013 Dave Sperling. All Rights Reserved.

Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2002 phpBB Group

TEFL International Supports Dave's ESL Cafe
TEFL Courses, TESOL Course, English Teaching Jobs - TEFL International