Site Search:

Speak Korean Now!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

immigration office refused to process F3 spouse visa?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> General Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
depth

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2010 7:59 am    Post subject: immigration office refused to process F3 spouse visa? Reply with quote

hi all,

went to apply for a visa issuance# for F3 visa for my filipina wife at the local immigration office (busan).

they said that they couldn't help and that my wife need to apply for the F3 visa in manila. they said that..only the hogwan director can apply for visa issuance and only when applying for both e2 and f3 visa at the same time --ie starting a new job.

Ive seen at least a few posts here from teachers confirming they were able to apply for the visa issuance# in korea no problems.

if any of the experts can advise...thanks for any answers
I-am-me

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2010 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

where is she now, Korea or flip-flop land? She gets a C3 tourist visa there and then when she arrives in korea changes it to an F3.
depth

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2010 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

she is in the philippines..its virtually impossible for filipinas to get tourist visas to korea. she must show evidence of employment and tax returns..she doesn't have these.
ttompatz

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2010 7:22 pm    Post subject: Re: immigration office refused to process F3 spouse visa? Reply with quote

depth wrote:
hi all,

went to apply for a visa issuance# for F3 visa for my filipina wife at the local immigration office (busan).

they said that they couldn't help and that my wife need to apply for the F3 visa in manila. they said that..only the hogwan director can apply for visa issuance and only when applying for both e2 and f3 visa at the same time --ie starting a new job.

Ive seen at least a few posts here from teachers confirming they were able to apply for the visa issuance# in korea no problems.

if any of the experts can advise...thanks for any answers

Strange. I have never had any problem getting a visa confirmation number for my wife and I have used the Seoul and Suwon immigration offices.

Did you have all your documents in hand when you went in?
Perhaps something was lost in your explanation of what you wanted.

Simply ask HOW to bring your wife to Korea. Tell them that the embassy in Manila wants a visa confirmation number before they issue her an F3 visa.

The only thing I can suggest is to try another day and another officer.

guava

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2010 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

depth wrote:
she is in the philippines..its virtually impossible for filipinas to get tourist visas to korea. she must show evidence of employment and tax returns..she doesn't have these.

The first responder gave you good info, the problem is that you are thinking negative thoughts and can't accept it.

When dealing with immigration do not ask "Can I" type questions.
This is because the answer is likely to be "No"

Ask "How can I" type questions. For example, "What are the requirements for".....

You're married, you're employed, yes you can invite your spouse, and with the proper documentation, your spouse will be granted a visitor visa, to be upgraded to dependant visa.
depth

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2010 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i showed them:

-NSO paper wedding certificate
-my passport and alien card
-her passport
-a passport photo for her
-my employment certificate
-and filled out the visa issuance form

what is a certificate of incumbency of Inviting parties and a certificate of tax payment??? it says i need this on the on the korean immigration website. maybe i should get these documents and go back and try a different officer?

the officer i spoke to looked like she had never done an F3 visa before. she had to refer to the manual several times and made 2 phones calls then said sorry cant help because the hagwan director didn't apply for the E2 and F3 spouse visa at the same time (wasnt possible..my wife only got her passport 2 days ago)...this is the same procedure given when i rang korean immgration ph 1345 2 weeks ago.

http://www.hikorea.go.kr/pt/InfoDetailR_en.pt?categoryId=2&parentId=382&catSeq=385&showMenuId=374

Required Documents

※ Items subject to change depending on individual circumstances
* Passport(A photocopy of passport if applying a certificate of recognition of Visa Issuance)
* Application for Visa Issuance or Application for Recognition of Visa Issuance
* Documents that prove the family relations(a marriage certificate, a copy of family register or a birth certificate)
* A certificate of incumbency of Inviting parties and a certificate of tax payment
* Fee (single-entry visa: $50 (USD), multiple-entry visa: $80 (USD))
※ Charges not applicable if applying a certificate of recognition of visa issuance
o 1 color photos of the applicant are needed when applying for the certificate of recognition of visa issuance
o size : 3.5㎝ x 4.5㎝
o Photos must have been taken within the past 6 months.
o Printed photographs are not accepted
o Bright background is preferred over a dark one.
guava

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2010 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

depth wrote:

what is a certificate of incumbency of Inviting parties and a certificate of tax payment???

the officer i spoke to looked like she had never done an F3 visa before. she had to refer to the manual several times and made 2 phones calls then said sorry cant help because the hagwan director didn't apply for the E2 and F3 spouse visa at the same time (wasnt possible..my wife only got her passport 2 days ago)...this is the same procedure given when i rang korean immgration ph 1345 2 weeks ago.

You are still focusing on the dependant visa.
If your spouse is in Philippines, focus on a visitor visa, then upgrade to dependant visa in Korea.

It has been enough years since I did this that I don't recall every document required.
The certificate of incumbency may be the document I paid a law office to prepare for the visa application.

You would think that a logical or reasonable reply to your request would be:
"Sorry, but dependant visas are issued in Korea.
First your spouse has to enter Korea with a visitor visa, and apply for a dependant visa here."
Logic and reason do not always apply.

If you need information about what a specific document is and how to obtain it, an immigration officer should be able to explain it to you.
If the immigration officer is unwilling or unable to help you, then you should knock on the door of the chief of that office and politely ask for help to find the solution.
depth

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2010 12:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

she is in the philippines..its not impossible for her to get tourist visa to korea as she must show evidence of employment and tax returns and she doesn't have these.

will follow the advice and try again for visa issuance# at local immigration office.
guava

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2010 4:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

depth wrote:
she is in the philippines..its not impossible for her to get tourist visa to korea as she must show evidence of employment...

Now you're talkin'. NOT impossible, she must show evidence of YOUR employment and your visa status.
You are going to send that to her and then she will have it.
yuwono

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2010 5:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i read some weeks ago, there has been change in F3 application. we cannot apply it for our family from here anymore, but they have to apply for them selves from embassy in their country.
I-am-me

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2010 6:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You apply for a visa issuance number here in Korea. She takes that number to the korean embassy in manila along with her passport, marriage certificate certified by NSO and if you are american, an affadavit from the US embassy that you are married. It might have been a notorized marriage certificate...i dont remember. She can call the korean consulate and ask what she needs. If they approve her visa, she gets a C-3 tourist visa. When she arrives in Korea you change it to an F-3 dependent visa. Not sure if policy has changed but it was like that 2 yrs ago. I dont know of any filipina that has come on an F-3 visa to Korea after getting a visa issuance number.
depth

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2010 7:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

depth wrote:
she is in the philippines..its not impossible for her to get tourist visa to korea as she must show evidence of employment and tax returns and she doesn't have these.

will follow the advice and try again for visa issuance# at local immigration office.

im sorry
i meant to say is is not possible for her to get tourist visa to korea as she must show evidence of employment and tax returns and she doesn't have these.
depth

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2010 7:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yuwono wrote:
i read some weeks ago, there has been change in F3 application. we cannot apply it for our family from here anymore, but they have to apply for them selves from embassy in their country.

hmm, yah, thats what the local immigration office is saying. that is also what the ph 1345 number (korean immigration hotline) is saying..

can u give me the link to the news you read please?
I-am-me

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2010 7:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you hard headed? She is going to get a tourist visa good for 90 days. That is what the korean consulate is going to give her after she gets the visa issuance number. No one is going to give her an F-3 visa in Manila. You got it now? Rolling Eyes
depth

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2010 8:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I-am-me wrote:
Are you hard headed? She is going to get a tourist visa good for 90 days. That is what the korean consulate is going to give her after she gets the visa issuance number. No one is going to give her an F-3 visa in Manila. You got it now? Rolling Eyes

i understand what your saying. i went to the busan immigration office yesterday. they would not accept my application for visa issuance number. why do u think i would make this up?

as for the tourist visa, if you are saying that there is a new rule in place that will give her a tourist visa based on my E2 visa status...fair enough. but if she has to apply for the tourist visa on her own merits...there is no chance of her getting this.

not sure if ur aware but it is virtually impossible for filipinas to get tourist visa to go to korea. if it were easy...then my wife would have been in korea 1 year ago and we would have gotten married in korea...but instead we have had to get married in phillipines and still after 12 months of bs we are still trying to reunite.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> General Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: