Site Search:

Speak Korean Now!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Update on the F2-S visa Point System
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 33, 34, 35  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> General Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
World Traveler

PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2013 5:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The 1 point is only available for those who complete all six levels (and graduate) from the 어학당?
salutbonjour

PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2013 6:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

World Traveler wrote:
The 1 point is only available for those who complete all six levels (and graduate) from the 어학당?

I'm not sure, but I wouldn't think that's the case. But it seems like the maximum for that section is 5 since otherwise it would be possible to go over the maximum of 30 for the section, so if you have a bachelor, masters or doctorate done in Korea then the language school doesn't matter.
Ave, L�cifer

PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2013 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does it matter how your time in Korea is spread out? For example I am finishing my fourth consecutive E-2 visa in Korea and then will go home for a while, when I returned I would possibly be looking at applying for F2, do you have to apply while on an unbroken stretch in Korea?
coralreefer_1

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2013 2:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ave, L�cifer wrote:
Does it matter how your time in Korea is spread out? For example I am finishing my fourth consecutive E-2 visa in Korea and then will go home for a while, when I returned I would possibly be looking at applying for F2, do you have to apply while on an unbroken stretch in Korea?

As I understand it, a stretch of time doesnt matter, but I dont believe you can apply for it unless you already have an E or D visa. If I am right, you would have to get some other type of work visa, then apply for the F2 afterward.

Someone please correct me if I'm wrong, because I am delaying finishing grad school here in Korea by a semester because as it stands I would graduate and lose my visa before I complete the integration course and can apply for the visa.
PigeonFart

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2013 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="semphoon"]
You also need to take a copy of your schools business certificate. Luckily my uni was able to fax it through straight away.

[/quote]

Any idea what that 'school business certificate' is called in Korean? It will make things easier for me when i go to my co-worker or the 행정실. Thanks^^
Konglishman

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2013 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad to see the thread I started has been of good use to some people.
Wildbore

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2013 12:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Would a BA in political science be considered a humanities degree or a science degree. With the new system a science degree is +2 points.

I'd say it is more of a humanities degree, but if they just look at the parchment and see the word "science" I wonder if they'd give the points anyways.

Also, they don't seem to say where a commerce degree would fall into. It's neither a humanities nor science degree.
spaceman82

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2013 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My sense is that you're not getting the extra points for anything less than a degree in a hard science, math, or engineering, since it's people with those degrees that Korea is trying to attract.
aq8knyus

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2013 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

coralreefer_1 wrote:
Ave, L�cifer wrote:

As I understand it, a stretch of time doesnt matter, but I dont believe you can apply for it unless you already have an E or D visa. If I am right, you would have to get some other type of work visa, then apply for the F2 afterward.

Someone please correct me if I'm wrong, because I am delaying finishing grad school here in Korea by a semester because as it stands I would graduate and lose my visa before I complete the integration course and can apply for the visa.

I know you wrote that comment some time ago, but did you ever find out?

When I extend my D2 visa in March I assumed they would make it valid for a year. If they did that then there would be some time after my course to apply for the points visa whilst still on a D visa.
furtakk

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2014 12:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bumping this thread.

I finally have enough points and will be applying as soon as I get the official TOPIK certificate in the mail.

Has anyone applied recently? I think I have all of my documents in order, but I was wondering about the documents needed for your degree. Can you use the copy they have on hand (for E1/E2s) or do you need to bring your original degree?

And do you need anything to prove current employment? I know someone previously mentioned requiring your employer's business licence.
kingssurfer

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2014 6:49 am    Post subject: F2-7 Points Visa Reply with quote

I am about to start level 5 of KIIP. A couple of questions.

According to various blogs and 1345, a Korean language certificate (regardless of time or level) from a Korean university would give you 1 point in the Study Abroad section of the points visa. Apparently it’s no longer all 6 levels of a Korean language university course. Can anyone confirm this?

Apparently there is some sort of interview in level 5. When is that? What do they ask?

What qualifies as professional Experience Abroad? How long does the working period have to be for?
PigeonFart

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2014 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I failed the 종합평가 for the 2nd time! However i almost passed the test....as close as you can get without passing. So i went on the socinet website to register for level 5 classes for the 3rd time, but couldn't register for any classes. I phoned the institution i wanted to register with and they said they'd get back to me in a few days. Got a text a few days later saying i had completed the course. I asked them if that meant i didn't have to repeat level 5 but they never answered.

The details on 'my page' have changed too. The status has now been changed to 상태 : 이수완료. So it seems likes even though i failed the 종합평가 (still displays my failed score on 'my page' of socinet), they seem to have just been nice and given me the 이수완료 certificate showing i've completed the KIIP course.

Anyone been in a similar situation. Does that mean i now have the full 26 points from the KIIP course? Will those documents be sufficient for immigration to give me an F2 visa or will they check the website and will my fail mark be used against me?
spaceman82

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2014 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My experience is a bit dated now (I applied for my visa around a year ago) and has been documented elsewhere on this thread and the other one, but I'll go ahead and provide some quick answers to a few of the questions above anyway and hope that other posters will follow up with their own experience.

- I brought a copy of my undergraduate degree when I applied and was told that they didn't need it as they had my degree on file.

- I brought my work contract as well as a proof of income statement from my employer, but I'm not sure if either was required.

- I received a point for my university language courses even though I only completed 4 of the 6 levels.

- The level 5 interview was just a chance for me to ask questions about my visa eligibility, etc. The official I spoke with also asked about any discrimination I had faced, my experience with/impressions of the 사회통합 program, etc. In no way did it seem to be an interview to assess my Korean language ability or my knowledge of Korean culture.
Daniel1981

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2014 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had the interview in November 2013 and had the same experience as spaceman. It's more a chance for me to ask questions of the 사회통합 program staff. How were the courses, the teachers, etc. How am I adjusting to living in Korea, etc..

I brought my original degree and a photocopy of my degree when applying for my visa.

If you go back 1 or 2 pages I have a detailed list of all documents I used.
furtakk

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2014 7:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I ended up applying Tuesday. In general they (Mokdong immi) seem to be a lot more knowledgeable and experienced about the whole process. The immigration officer knew exactly what documents to look for and the process was pretty smooth.

I was right on the cutoff line, 80 or 81 depending on how income is calculated, but she said it should go through without much issue. I'll be holding my breath until it's in my hand though.

Here was my point break down:

Education: 26 (BA)
Korean Ability: 18 (TOPIK 5)
Social Integration Program: 10
Korean Study: 1 (Level 6 Certificate)
Income: 2 or 3

Total: 80 or 81

As far as documents go, as of June 2014 they wanted:

-passport scan
-copy of degree
-TOPIK score or KIIP certificate
-the 사회통합 certificate
-어학당 certificate (for the Korean institute point)
-work business licence (but not contract)
-income documents (both from the tax office and work)

and I think that was about it. I didn't claim any volunteer or professional work experience though.

It now costs 130K to process.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> General Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 33, 34, 35  Next
Page 34 of 35

Jump to: