Site Search:

Speak Korean Now!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Visa Runs...Osaka
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 16, 17, 18  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Travel Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
panthermodern

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2004 9:32 am    Post subject: Visa Runs...Osaka Reply with quote

Here is a community minded idea, which I am sure will get flamed.

Why don't we all (those who want to) post when and where we are going on visa runs so that the experienced (the been there done that crowd) can help people who have never done it before ...

For example ...

I do believe that I will be flying out of Incheon on Friday the 30th on April (2004) and will be doing a one day run to Osaka, Japan.

I have done this run three times and if anyone else is going and wants help or company PM me ...

CYA
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
kprrok

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2004 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm doing the same run, but I think I'm going on Thursday. Haven't gotten the exact times figured out yet. And I'm staying until Friday night/Saturday morning. I may take a day or two in Seoul too.

So when I figure it out, I'll PM you and maybe we can hook up in Osaka for a bit.

KPRROK
chronicpride

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2004 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think that's a great idea. There are so many teachers doing runs (either for tourist or E2 visas) every week. If you don't know anyone else within your network that is going around the same time, you can check with the Club and have a buddy or two to go with and make it more fun, as well as less stressful for a newb.
kangnamdragon

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2004 9:19 pm    Post subject: Re: Visa Run Club Reply with quote

panthermodern wrote:
Here is a community minded idea, which I am sure will get flamed.

Why don't we all (those who want to) post when and where we are going on visa runs so that the experienced (the been there done that crowd) can help people who have never done it before ...

Why should it get flamed? I think it is a GREAT idea!
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
peppergirl

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2004 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

April 29th is a HOLIDAY in Japan, so don't go on Thursday. It is also Golden Week in Japan from April 29th-May 5th (April 29, May 3, 4, 5 are holidays). I think the embassy/consulate should be open on the 30th, but confirm.
This is also a big holiday in Japan (at least THREE consecutive days of holiday;) ) so airports will be VERY busy.

http://www.asahi-net.or.jp/~tc9w-ball/useful/holiday.htm
kangnamdragon

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2004 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

peppergirl wrote:
April 29th is a HOLIDAY in Japan, so don't go on Thursday.

Yes, Japanese holidays should be posted on a sticky with a list of when people are going.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
kprrok

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2004 9:46 pm    Post subject: Thanks Reply with quote

Thanks for the info. I just e-mailed the consulate to see if they were open on Thursday or if I should just come on Friday. Hopefully they'll respond soon enough. I may just go on Friday regardless.

KPRROK
kprrok

PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2004 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I told my boss about the holiday and he's paranoid about me not getting the VISA whilst I'm there.

so now I'm going on 13 May from Incheon and returning the same day! Does anyone know if I can get one from the Osaka consulate in under 8 hours?

Thanks

KPRROK
oneiros

PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2004 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, it can be done in one day. Just book the first flight for the day, and you'll be okay. They processed mine in about three hours. You'll need to rush, though.
kangnamdragon

PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2004 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So, is someone going to make a visa run sticky with lots of infor for Osaka and Fukuoka? I cannot contribute much as I have not been on a visa run since 1996.
kprrok

PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2004 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply from the Consulate Reply with quote

I just got an e-mail reply from the consulate in Osaka. They are open on Friday, but closed from 1-5 May and open again 6-7 May. The VISA application times are 9:00-11:00 AM and 1:30-2:00 PM and you receive the VISA at around 4:00 PM the same day.

You need: 1) Certificate of Issuance, 2) 1 photo (5x5cm), 3) Passport, and 4) 5,400 Yen (Yen only, nothing else).

Hope this info helps some people.

KPRROK

PS: Don't blame me if any of the above is not correct. I just copied from the e-mail.
Bunnymonster

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2004 6:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Visa run is the best fun day out ever, or at least mine was. Make sure to not get lost as you come out of the station and you'll be fine(you wnt the north exit).... also be warned Visas cost different amounts depending on where you are from I think the most was 7000 Yen, the train fare is not cheap. I changed up 150000 Won and had virtually no change left at the end of the day (though I did buy lunch and some souveniers). You will meet loads of others doing the run just try to avoid the really drunk canadians.........
Pyongshin Sangja

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2004 6:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Screw up the visa run? Hmmm. Gotta be pretty stupid to do.....Hang on. I did it twice. Good luck. Thank god I don't have to do another one of those for a year or two.
panthermodern

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2004 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My Friday the 30th run to Osaka is cancelled until further notice.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
chronicpride

PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2004 6:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone interested if this idea gets turned into a Yahoo Club/Group for people to discuss and advise on visa runs, plus meet others who are going around the same time as you, for travel companions? Or make a Visa Run Club sticky thread here?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Travel Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 16, 17, 18  Next
Page 1 of 18

Jump to: