Site Search:

Speak Korean Now!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

How long does it take to receive and E2 visa?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Job-related Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bits

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2003 5:26 pm    Post subject: How long does it take to receive and E2 visa? Reply with quote

I recently accepted a job in Korea and wanted to find out how long it takes the Hagwan owner to have my visa issued? (Just turn around time from the time they have my paperwork until the Korean government gives the owner my visa).

Thank you
Anda

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2003 10:54 pm    Post subject: Um Reply with quote

If you are in country on a tourist visa and have been offered a position then your future Hogwan boss should be able to write up contract papers in one to two days at which point you shold go together to immigration with aditional papers like an original copy of your degree and apply for a visa approval, This should only take immigration 3 to 5 days to process / grant. At this point you fly to Japan for one or two days to have a Korean Consulate stamp an E2 visa into your passport. After you arrive back you have 90 days in which to take your passport in to your loccal Korean Embassy and apply for an alian card ( this can be done straight away after you get back from Japan). This normally takes immigration 3 to 4 days to issue. That's it.

You can do everything without having your employer with you at immigration provided the paperwork is correct. Once you apply for your alian card you are locked in with your new employer so don't be in too big a hurry to get an alian card, You can back out of your contract if you haven't applied for your alian card but then you would have to go through everything again. As stated below it can be a headacke doing things out of country unless all the paperwork is in order.

Last edited by Anda on Fri Mar 07, 2003 1:19 am; edited 1 time in total
Zyzyfer

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2003 12:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's gonna take a while. Try to blanket yourself with a month's time. It might not take that long, but inexplicable delays may arise.

Edit: Forgot to point out that I was referring to a person who stays in their home country to wait for the visa.
Squaffy

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2003 9:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mine took 5 weeks and I used DHL to deliver to SoKo.
Blue Flower

Location: The realisation that I only have to endure two more weeks in this filthy, perverted, nasty place!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2003 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Squaffy wrote:
Mine took 5 weeks and I used DHL to deliver to SoKo.

5 weeks!! I'm leaving for Korea in 1 week, and am supposed to be going with an E2 visa. Guess it's not going to happen. I was supposed to use DHL - my recruiter said they were the best, but they cost more than twice the price of NZ Post's International Express courier service, and when I rang up, the chick didn't know where Seoul was! So I was like, ok, i'm really going to use you now.
Zyzyfer

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2003 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blue Flower: Be sure to let your school know the deal. Keep them informed about this fact.
Blue Flower

Location: The realisation that I only have to endure two more weeks in this filthy, perverted, nasty place!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2003 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks zyzyfer - I let my recruiter know, and he informed his partner in Korea. I know all my docs got to where they were supposed to. Yay for NZ post! Very Happy I'm just waiting for the school to send the visa issuance stuff back to me. I was supposed to include paid return courier postage, but I refused. If the school can't afford to pay to send me the stuff I need to actually work for them, then i don't want to go there. So I told my recruiter that was what i was doing. He seemed fine with it. I guess I will find out if I've still got that job, but I'm not too worried. There's heaps more where that one came from. Cool
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Job-related Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: