Site Search:

Speak Korean Now!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Cebu: White Sands Beach Resort

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Travel Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
eunjeong

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2011 9:50 pm    Post subject: Cebu: White Sands Beach Resort Reply with quote

Hello

I'm wondering if anyone has stayed or visited the White Sands Beach Resort in Cebu. Has anyone done a couples massage here or know the prices? I can't seem to find them online. And any recommendations on places to go/eat/drink? I also heard that the sunset cruise is very nice but can't find the price for that online either.

Any help is appreciated.
ttompatz

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2011 11:30 pm    Post subject: Re: Cebu: White Sands Beach Resort Reply with quote

eunjeong wrote:
Hello

I'm wondering if anyone has stayed or visited the White Sands Beach Resort in Cebu. Has anyone done a couples massage here or know the prices? I can't seem to find them online. And any recommendations on places to go/eat/drink? I also heard that the sunset cruise is very nice but can't find the price for that online either.

Any help is appreciated.

It is one of the Maribago resorts (nothing special and overpriced (rooms, food, getting there and getting away)). When you are there you are pretty much isolated and limited to their group of resorts facilities (unless you pay for a very expensive trike ride or taxi (expect to pay 2-3x more than the meter rate) to the other side of Mactan).

You are aware that you will pay as much per night there as you will pay per week at Alona beach for comparable facilities?
http://www.whitesands.com.ph/accommodation.html

If you want a couples massage it is cheaper at the mall (about p500 per hour per person).

eunjeong

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2011 3:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We're going there as a package deal and it wasn't my first choice, but its high season and there were no seats anywhere nor rooms. So we're stuck going there, will be going to Bohol for a day though. I really just wanted to relax..
ttompatz

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2011 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

eunjeong wrote:
We're going there as a package deal and it wasn't my first choice, but its high season and there were no seats anywhere nor rooms. So we're stuck going there, will be going to Bohol for a day though. I really just wanted to relax..

High season for seats on planes out of Korea = yes.
High season for rooms in the Philippines = no.

IF you are on a package deal then you have what you have.
If you just want a few days to relax and sit by the pool it is fine.

If it is a Korean package deal and the Bohol trip is part of the package expect that you will spend the majority of your time on a boat or a bus going from photo-op to photo-op. You won't get a taste of the islands but you will get a chance to see some old churches.

It will also give you an idea of how/what do to for your next trip to the islands (there are lots of nice places to go to and great people once you get away from the tourist touts at the beaches).

Do your shopping in town/at the mall (or get some Cebu/Philippines souvenirs at the stalls by the Mactan shrine - cheapest place in Cebu).

eunjeong

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2011 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks. Its not a korean package its just an airtel so had not much choice in choosing the hotel. Other than that were free to choose where to go. Would you say alona beach is worth going to and do you know how.much it costs to get a massage on the beach?
eunjeong

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2011 10:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks. Its not a korean package its just an airtel so had not much choice in choosing the hotel. Other than that were free to choose where to go. Would you say alona beach is worth going to and do you know how.much it costs to get a massage on the beach?
ttompatz

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2011 11:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

eunjeong wrote:

Alona is nicer than Mactan (as far as the beach and prices go).

On the beach at Alona you will pay p500 (tourist prices) per hour for a massage.

The price at Marina Mall or Gaisano Mall on Mactan is about the same.

You are aware that the resorts in Cebu are in Cebu province (Mactan Island) and NOT in Cebu city?

If you are NOT locked into your hotel in Cebu then yes, Bohol / Panglao (Alona Beach) is certainly worth the trip AND will save you money.

riverboy

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2011 4:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like you're the resident expert on the Phillippenes Tompatz.

Where exactly would you reccommend I take my wife and two young boys un January?

Thanks
ttompatz

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2011 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

riverboy wrote:
Sounds like you're the resident expert on the Phillippenes Tompatz.

Where exactly would you reccommend I take my wife and two young boys un January?

Thanks

Resident is the correct word (my home is on Bohol (Talibon town)).

With a wife and 2 boys, then Alona beach is nice ( http://www.bohol.ph for general information about Bohol). You can spend a few days on the beach and a few days in town (shopping and sightseeing around the island).

You have 2 options to get there.
1) Take a flight into MNL then transfer to a flight to TAG
2) or take a flight to Cebu (all evening/night flights from Korea). Grab a hotel for your first night then catch a ferry the next morning over to Bohol and take a taxi out to Alona beach.

There is LOTS of information about Cebu / Bohol and the Philippines in general here in the travel forum. Just scan back a few pages and pick them out from the thread titles.

You can expect to spend about $100 per day (subject to exchange fluctuations) for a family of 4 (accommodation, meals, tours, etc).

Your room will be the most expensive part (unless you dine at places like McD. - certainly more expensive than Filipino restaurants).

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Travel Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: