Site Search:

Speak Korean Now!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

WTB Neti Pot
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Buy/Sell/Trade Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
C00LAS1CE

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2011 12:42 pm    Post subject: WTB Neti Pot Reply with quote

I made this thread last night, but somehow it's disappeared, so I'll give it another shot...anyone know if it's possible to get a neti pot here in Korea? I've been told I can get saline solution at any pharmacy.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neti_pot

For reference:

Hollywoodaction wrote:
dogshed wrote:
A few years back my cough and sore throat were diagnosed as an alergy.
A little loratadine (Claritin in the US) takes care of the problem. May or may not be part of your issue.

Loratidine is cheap and almost completely harmless so it wouldn't hurt to just try it. One pill per day. Mine cost 200 won each.

Sinus infections may be secondary to something else that causes the mucus production such as an alergy. Finding a solution to the first issue may leave you with the second issue.

There have also been things in the news about an immune response to fungi.

On some people like me decongestants make the mucus thick and the problem worse. This is why I don't take alergy medication with a decongestant like Claritin-D.

An expectorant like guaifenesin is supposed to make the mucus thin and watery to promote drainage.

Anti-histamines tend to dry out the nasal passages, which is why I also use a saline solution. Saline solution has been known for thousands of years to soothe the sinuses. It dilutes whatever mucus may not be moving to the back of the throat (post-nasal drip, by the way, causes sore throats, which is why a sore throat can be an indication of a sinus infection). No need for an expectorant when you take a take a more direct action.

Saline solution also destroys some of the bacteria that have infected the sinuses.
hanguker

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2011 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I use saline for my sinuses too. My doctor recommended a syringe (no needle of course) for the nasal passage. It works wonderfully and the pharmacist will probably give you one for free. 10x better than a netipot IMO. Saline is available at the pharmacy cheaply.
SKRoxmahsox

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2011 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

+1 to hanguker. Pay 1/10th the price for the same thang!
zhanknight

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2011 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hanguker wrote:
I use saline for my sinuses too. My doctor recommended a syringe (no needle of course) for the nasal passage. It works wonderfully and the pharmacist will probably give you one for free. 10x better than a netipot IMO. Saline is available at the pharmacy cheaply.

Do you use this in the same way you use a neti pot? I had been searching for a neti pot too, but if the syringe deal works the same I'll go with that. How do you use it?
hanguker

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2011 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just use it the same as you would a neti pot. Just administer the saline with the syringe instead. Much easier to control.

http://www.ehow.com/how_2205038_use-neti-pot.html

Good luck.
dory

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2011 11:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i got a neti pot at a pharmacy here. i would offer to give it to you but i lost the cap.
Caffeinated

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2011 11:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A pal made his his own by googling "DIY neti pot." I remember because it was his Facebook status.
Carbon

PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2011 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Go to an eye/ear/nose & throat doctor (they are everywhere). They have the same thing as the Neilmed Nasal rinse bottle (15,000 won). Same as the netipot, but under some pressure. I am sure you know what I am talking about if you know what a Netipot is.

Anyhow, they have the bottle and the sachets to mix, though I use a home-made sea salt/baking powder mix myself. An absolute Godsend in this country.
C00LAS1CE

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2011 6:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hanguker wrote:
Just use it the same as you would a neti pot. Just administer the saline with the syringe instead. Much easier to control.

http://www.ehow.com/how_2205038_use-neti-pot.html

Good luck.

Carbon wrote:
Go to an eye/ear/nose & throat doctor (they are everywhere). They have the same thing as the Neilmed Nasal rinse bottle (15,000 won). Same as the netipot, but under some pressure. I am sure you know what I am talking about if you know what a Netipot is.

Anyhow, they have the bottle and the sachets to mix, though I use a home-made sea salt/baking powder mix myself. An absolute Godsend in this country.

Anyone have any idea what I would ask for going to a pharmacy here? I have a feeling if I try to explain what I'm looking for they're not going to have any idea what I'm talking about.
C00LAS1CE

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2011 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone?
bilbo202

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2011 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you can order off of Interpark or have a Korean friend here's one:

http://www.interpark.com/product/MallDisplay.do?_method=Detail&sch=list&sbn=ane_prd&sc.shopNo=0000100000&sc.dispNo=008001&sc.prdNo=222491964
djmarcus

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2011 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I used an empty plastic honey bottle that you can find in any convenience store. The top of the bottle fits the nostril pretty well and does the job.
C00LAS1CE

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2011 11:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

djmarcus wrote:
I used an empty plastic honey bottle that you can find in any convenience store. The top of the bottle fits the nostril pretty well and does the job.

Do you remember the name of it or have a pic?
djmarcus

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2011 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

C00LAS1CE wrote:
djmarcus wrote:

Do you remember the name of it or have a pic?

I don't remember the name, but I guarantee you, that you can find one in any quick mart. Actually just go to Lotte Mart and look for the honey section. It will be in a plastic bottle about 7-8,000 won. The top will have a yellow colored snout.
Wandering_Kind

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2011 3:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you're still interested in buying one, I have one (unused) that was shipped to me from the US, but I never needed. It's still in the box and comes with packets of solution you add water to.

Email me if you're interested at [email protected].
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Buy/Sell/Trade Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: