Site Search:

Speak Korean Now!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Bundang, Seoul
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> FAQ
View previous topic :: View next topic  
nelzer13

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 8:29 pm    Post subject: Bundang - Jungjadong?? Reply with quote

..not sure if my last post posted? this might be a repeat...

Anyway, I'll be moving to Jungjadong (?) in Bundang in a couple of weeks from Minnesota, US! (never been to Korea)

Does anyone know where this is in relation to Seoul or what the area is like? I've tried locating it on a map, but havne't had luck. Maybe I'll search a bit harder.... unless somebody knows!!

Thankya!
livinginkunsan

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is probably about 40min from central seoul by bus. It is a richer area with lots of trendy coffee shops and restaurants. Overall, I would say it is nice place to live.
Spaceturtle

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I live in Jeongja. As for location, the Jeongja station is on the Bundang subway line. A really good website is

http://asp.congnamul.com/seoul/english/map.jsp

Using this website and a map of the subway system you should get a good visual idea where Jeongja is from everything else.

Samsung plaza that a lot of people are talking about is 2 stops away. It takes about 30 min to get into Gangnam by subway, but depending on where are going it can take longer.
catchshime

Location: "I am not born for one corner; the whole world is my native land."

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 11:43 pm    Post subject: CDI's Offer of Employment: Opinions + Advice? Reply with quote

(this is in another thread as well)

Hey all, I just got my offer from CDI and wanted people's take on it. Here are the details:

NOTE: I was offered employment as an instructor at one of the 10 CHUNG DAHM Learning Main Branches (not franchises, see the list of the main branches below)

* 37,000 KRW per hour (guaranteed 24 teaching hours per week minimum)
* Airfare reimbursement up to 1,000,000 KRW (reimbursed within the first two weeks of your first day of class)
* Up to 5,000,000 KRW key money deposit loan directly (to secure an apartment in Korea- this money will be returned to CHUNG DAHM at the completion of the lease)
* 7 days unpaid vacation per year

*MAIN BRANCHES are Chungdahm, Songpa, Bundang, Junggye, Mokdong, Pyungchon, Daechi, Seocho, Dongjak, Ilsan- my exact location will be assigned once i've completed the training session.

Training is unpaid, however, accommodations at a nearby serviced hotel will be provided by CDI free of charge during the training period.

Some questions/concerns:

1. I noticed that they won't tell me where I will be until AFTER training. Is this normal? I have people to stay with in Korea until I can find a conveniently located place (near the branch and a university where I can study Korean like Sogang or Yonsei) so this is not a problem, but I was just curious.

2. How far away are the Bundang/Pyeongchon/Ilsan (suburban) branches from somewhere more "upscale" and glamorous i.e. Gangnam?

3. On a related note, how fast can one get around Seoul? Let's say I have to work in Bundang or something similar, how long would it take to get to the other side of Seoul? This is an issue in case I would like to find housing before I leave for Korea.

4. I can find health insurance outside of Korea for about 160/month, but if I have an F-4 visa will this be necessary? Should I purchase insurance in Korea even if I have "all the benefits of a Korean citizen" under the F-4 visa? I think 160/month is very affordable, but I don't know Korean standards.

5. What are the contractual differences between an hourly/monthly worker? If I am hourly, does that mean I am not contractually obligated to work for CDI for the whole year and could possibly teach public in the spring?

I am considering this offer because of the pay and the fact that I will be in a main branch, not a franchise.

Many thanks in advance! Smile
catchshime

Location: "I am not born for one corner; the whole world is my native land."

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 11:44 pm    Post subject: CDI's Offer of Employment: Opinions + Advice? Reply with quote

Smile

Last edited by catchshime on Tue Sep 01, 2009 8:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
sameerhere

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2009 4:13 pm    Post subject: Furniture shops in bundang> Jeongia Reply with quote

Hi,
I have to move to Bundang > Jeongia and have rented an apartment at Pavilions. I need to get some basic furniture like Bed, Dining, chairs, table etc. Where can i find this to buy in Bundang.
Any help would be highly appreciated.

thanks

sameer
digirl2956

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2009 3:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Most people get their furniture by dumpster diving but if you want good cheap furniture new then ask a Korean friend or someone at your school to help you buy online. The furniture is great and cheap
sameerhere

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2009 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the advice. Yes i have heard that people in bundang are so rich, that they throw all the good things. and one has to find. I will try to do this. But i have brought most of the things from Emart now.
snoopdrew

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2009 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i am lucky enough to live at Park View in Jeongja dong... and yes, every now and then I see some cool stuff in the community garbage area... premium luggage, dining chairs, decent clothes, toys... bit of a waste if u ask me.
sameerhere

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 5:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Today there is cool garbage in Pavillion, Jeonga. I just got a good bed mattress. There is also good wooden closet/cupboard, pillows, cloths, etc.. Those interested just get it now..
Meenam

PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2009 11:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ah dumpster diving...takes me back...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> FAQ All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: