Site Search:

Speak Korean Now!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Apostilled Degree Copy for Office of Education
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Job-related Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Weigookin74

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2011 10:19 pm    Post subject: Re: Apostilled Degree Copy for Office of Education Reply with quote

ttompatz wrote:
Savant wrote:
My new school needs to register me again as a teacher with the Office of Education.

However, this time I've been told they need an Apostilled Degree Copy but I only had one and that was for transferring my Visa at immigration.

Pretty sure last year, my school only took a photocopy to the Office of Education.

So, any other teachers in the same process as me?

Now, I will need to send my other notarised degree copy back home for the Apostille and wait for a process that could take 1 month.

Don't know why 2 Government bodies can't just share information? Korea illogical.

K-immi needs the appostilled copy of the degree.

The education office does NOT and they wouldn't know one if it bit them in the butt.

Your co-teacher / wonjang is talking through their hat.

Actually this year, I gave my apostiled degree to my POE. When I renenwed, K Immi didn't even want it. But, I have been renewing with the same POE for a few years. I think with hakwons, it's different?
ttompatz

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2011 11:06 pm    Post subject: Re: Apostilled Degree Copy for Office of Education Reply with quote

Weigookin74 wrote:
ttompatz wrote:
Savant wrote:
My new school needs to register me again as a teacher with the Office of Education.

However, this time I've been told they need an Apostilled Degree Copy but I only had one and that was for transferring my Visa at immigration.

Pretty sure last year, my school only took a photocopy to the Office of Education.

Now, I will need to send my other notarised degree copy back home for the Apostille and wait for a process that could take 1 month.

Don't know why 2 Government bodies can't just share information? Korea illogical.

The education office does NOT and they wouldn't know one if it bit them in the butt.

Actually this year, I gave my apostiled degree to my POE. When I renenwed, K Immi didn't even want it. But, I have been renewing with the same POE for a few years. I think with hakwons, it's different?

This was an old thread.

The rules changed this past summer (2011) with the MOE/POE now requiring copies of the apostilled degree and CBC.

At the moment it is being enforced selectively by different POEs.
Come next Feb (2012) it will be a requirement (national law-MOE) for ALL teachers to verify qualifications and clean background check.

Kepler

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2011 8:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

chamank wrote:
I got an offer in Ulsan. I've been doing some research. It's near the beach right and there a Hyundai facility there?

jeremysums wrote:
The office of where the school is at. Like Ulsan Office of Education for instance. Ulsan is actually really nice.

chamank wrote:
What is office of education?

Millyfrend, emmahearst, andriabr, jeremysums, samcic, jakeciana, chamank.... why doesn't the Apostille Pros spammer of the board pick one name and stick with it?
jeremysums

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2011 3:05 pm    Post subject: Re: Apostilled Degree Copy for Office of Education Reply with quote

There has been some confusion about original or copy. Its still copy of degree.
Weigookin74 wrote:
ttompatz wrote:
Savant wrote:

bobloblaw

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I got a degree from Texas and I was a resident there, but I now live in Oregon, can I go to the apostille on my diploma in Oregon?
jeremysums

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2012 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thats probably one of the states that won't.

bobloblaw wrote:
If I got a degree from Texas and I was a resident there, but I now live in Oregon, can I go to the apostille on my diploma in Oregon?
eisamin

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 9:20 am    Post subject: Re: Apostilled Degree Copy for Office of Education Reply with quote

You know if they want 2 copies or 1.

Weigookin74 wrote:
ttompatz wrote:
Savant wrote:

RK12

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last edited by RK12 on Sat Mar 17, 2012 7:19 pm; edited 2 times in total
jadefrog

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MOE has been requiring all instructors to provide copies of the apostilled diploma as well as a copy of the apostilled CRC since Jauary of 2012. Some local offices -- Busan and Incheon -- have even starting asking for original copies of the both.
jeremysums

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2012 11:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Really? Originals?

jadefrog wrote:
MOE has been requiring all instructors to provide copies of the apostilled diploma as well as a copy of the apostilled CRC since Jauary of 2012. Some local offices -- Busan and Incheon -- have even starting asking for original copies of the both.
lynnli

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 8:07 am    Post subject: Re: Apostilled Degree Copy for Office of Education Reply with quote

Question, saw your response from google search. Can you contact me through PM. Just have a question about hagwon and if they are hiring?

Warhammer820 wrote:
jeremysums wrote:
Have you found a job in Korea?

Warhammer820 wrote:

Yeah they can't share information.

If you need documents apostille in a hurry, you can use an apostille service www.apostillepros.com but you have to pay them. They can do it the same day they receive your documents. 1 day for apostille and 2-3 shipping days for the documents to get to South Korea by FedEx international with tracking

So your saying that i can get an apostille in 2-3 days? What does a copy of a degree mean? It's just a scanned copy of my degree right?
[/quote]

Not yet, I am just researching so I can be prepared. I will get my Education degree in May of next year. I would love to leave for South Korea by June or July. I would accept a hagwon or a public school in almost any location.[/quote]
heathermvn

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 5:04 pm    Post subject: Re: Apostilled Degree Copy for Office of Education Reply with quote

I don't live in the U.S., I used these guys apostille pros. They got my degree and fbi background check apostille numerous of times. My friends used them as well.

------I took my fingerprints at a local police station. Submit them to apostille pros. They checked the prints because they are certified fingerprinters. Yeah you have to get certified. They then submit them to the FBI so it doesn't get rejected. If they get rejected you waiting another 6-12 weeks.

-----After the got the FBI background check from the FBI, they apostille the original FBI.

-----The made a copy of my degree, notarized and apostille it.

-----Got everything back by fedex.

jeremysums wrote:

Warhammer820 wrote:

If you need documents apostille in a hurry, you can use an apostille service www.apostillepros.com but you have to pay them. They can do it the same day they receive your documents. 1 day for apostille and 2-3 shipping days for the documents to get to South Korea by FedEx international with tracking

So your saying that i can get an apostille in 2-3 days? What does a copy of a degree mean? It's just a scanned copy of my degree right?[/quote][/quote]
lynnli

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 9:05 pm    Post subject: Re: Apostilled Degree Copy for Office of Education Reply with quote

I guess people don't stay on the forum for a long time.

lynnli wrote:
Question, saw your response from google search. Can you contact me through PM. Just have a question about hagwon and if they are hiring?

Warhammer820 wrote:
jeremysums wrote:

Warhammer820 wrote:

So your saying that i can get an apostille in 2-3 days? What does a copy of a degree mean? It's just a scanned copy of my degree right?

Not yet, I am just researching so I can be prepared. I will get my Education degree in May of next year. I would love to leave for South Korea by June or July. I would accept a hagwon or a public school in almost any location.[/quote][/quote]
demonrocks

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 7:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can anyone who's done this fairly recently confirm whether you need original apostilled documents for the office of education in Seoul?

I've only got one set of documents at the moment and will be leaving at the end of the month. I don't really want to pay for another set if I can avoid it.
Arteta

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

demonrocks wrote:
Can anyone who's done this fairly recently confirm whether you need original apostilled documents for the office of education in Seoul?

I've only got one set of documents at the moment and will be leaving at the end of the month. I don't really want to pay for another set if I can avoid it.

I've just learned of this too. I'm applying with a partner. The first set cost ~�190 ($297) for the both of us, so now we're going to have to double it to �380 ($595). We're really poor (On JSA now) and were hoping to leave in a few weeks. This has really pissed me off now. Why the Ministry of Education does not trust its own Immigration is really beyond me.

We're trying for Busan/Seoul. This has ruined my night.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Job-related Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5

Jump to: