Site Search:

Speak Korean Now!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Where To Get Tattoos
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> FAQ
View previous topic :: View next topic  
The Donkey

Location: Somewhere drinking, smoking and using foul language

PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2003 11:46 pm    Post subject: Where To Get Tattoos Reply with quote

So I think it is time for a new piece of art work to be applied to my skin. Does anyone know of anyone over here who does good work? I knew an American guy who did a piece for me last year, but his number I do not have. So anyone with any leads let me know. Thanks
The Donkey

PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2003 12:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let you know what?
waygooksaram

PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2003 4:31 am    Post subject: tattoos in Korea? Reply with quote

Surprised Have you seen any beautiful artwork on korean skin? I can't say that I have. I vote for Japan. Take a little vacation over there. Of course, nothing in Japan is cheap, but you get what you pay for. I have a recommendation in Osaka if you are interested. You can e-mail me to get the studio info if you life; he is from my hometown of Austin, Texas. Take a peek at his art:

http://www.christrevino.com/main.html
The Donkey

PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2003 5:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah I have some info for Japan, just dont feel like taking the trip. It runs about 10,000 yen an hour which isnt all that bad (100,000 won), but its some korean writing so I wanted to get it done over here. Thats funny about the guy being from Austin TX, the guy I knew over here was from there...had his # in my hand phone and I lost that so I am SOL.
Thanks for the info
The Donkey

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2003 2:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You people are of no use to me.... Might have to get out the old ball point pen and a needle and do it up myself, prison style!
Caustic

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2003 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The bassest from my old band does ink. He lives out in Shin-chon, he did some work on me before. He's clean and not too bad. I'll send you a message about going to Shin-chon this weekend, I'll be there.

By any slim chance are you a drummer?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Boogie

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2003 8:45 pm    Post subject: Belly pierced Reply with quote

can you get a belly piercing? Where would it be safe to do that?
The Donkey

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2003 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

there is a place in Sinchon that does piercings. I got my ears stretched out there when i first got over here. Its cheap as hell and clean. If I go up there this weekend I will look around and try to tell you how to get there....
You should get a tattoo instead!
The Donkey

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2003 6:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

158 people looked at this post...and not one of you know where to get a tattoo in Korea?
Caustic

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2003 7:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In edae there are two places I know of- I would have to show you where they are, hard giving directions in Korea. There's also another place in Itaewon but the prices there are just outragous.

The first place in Edae is called "Juno"- they are super expensive and the artist there can't do anything but trendy tribals and crap like that not worth the ink used to tattoo.
The second place (peircing club I think) has a great artist but you will pay alot more for him. He is very open and speaks a little english, I flipped though his work for a while, not too bad. He is Japanese so you will be getting good work done. The prices are super high though. I know a guy that spent 6,000$$ getting a back peice (dragon) done there.
Itaewon is really sub-par, the artists that work there are really bad and they charge crazy prices for their stuff, stay away from that place.

Then there's the old bass player from my band, he does good work (a couple peices on me and a bunch of other guys) and charges really low. I think it's about 50,000won for something about 4 inches x 4 inches. I will have to e-mail him and set up an appointment if you want to get something done by him. I highly reccomend him, very clean (even though he will do the actual tattooing in his room) and very good with a machine. You will need a full size picture of what you want tattooed and it must be reversed (for the transfer paper). Good art, better prices and a nice guy.

-Paul-
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
gajackson1

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2003 6:08 pm    Post subject: The whys . . . Reply with quote

There is a reason why no one knows studios, and the names mentioned are individuals.

Tattoo parlors are, to the best of my knowledge, still basically illegal here. I know because I wanted to do some touch-up work on one of mine a few years ago, & went asking soldiers in Busan, then in Itaewon. If there WAS an real (not henna) tattoo parlor, probably expensive liscensing, bribes, etc. would drive the prices up, & there wouldn' be a lot of samples to view.

Apparently, this has something to do with the still widespread social stigma attached to tattoos only belonging to unsavory types: Japanese, mafia, and crazy Westerners.

Piercing parlors are only recently making inroads; there is a reasonable-priced piercing studio in Hong-dae, as well.

For tatoo work, I would say Japan (although I could see why you wouldn't want a Korean piece done there) or wait until you go home again - in any case, best of luck to you.

G.
Ryst Helmut

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2003 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Though this thread is old, maybe you're still looking.

Noticed a tat parlor in Song-tan (Osan US AFB), right next to Subway (sandwich shop), 2nd floor. Oh, they speak English as well.

Cheers,

Ryst
Joe Thanks

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2003 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try Guam - it's not far away - English is the main language - you can enjoy western creature comforts while there - and get safe, clean, western-standard tattooing.

Cheers,

Joe
Mr. Pink

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2003 1:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Donkey wrote:
158 people looked at this post...and not one of you know where to get a tattoo in Korea?

Um...prison?

Sorry no idea, I was just curious if there were actually places, as Tatooing is mainly for gangsters in Korea.
maxxx_power

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2003 1:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mr. Pink wrote:
The Donkey wrote:

Um...prison?

Sorry no idea, I was just curious if there were actually places, as Tatooing is mainly for gangsters in Korea.

Either for gangsters or total morons. The work I see on people at my gym looks as if it was done by a three year old with a needle and squid ink. I would never have ink done in this country unless it was by a close friend who knew what they were doing.

Joe, that guam idea sounds good, I just don't wanna wait until the end of my contract to go home and get some new work.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> FAQ All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: