Site Search:

Speak Korean Now!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Which Southeast Asian country do you feel like going next?
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> FAQ
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Which Southeast Asian country do you feel like going to next?
Cambodia
16%
 16%  [ 6 ]
Indonesia
5%
 5%  [ 2 ]
Laos
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Malaysia
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Myanmar
8%
 8%  [ 3 ]
Philippines
19%
 19%  [ 7 ]
Thailand
27%
 27%  [ 10 ]
Vietnam
22%
 22%  [ 8 ]
Total Votes : 36

Tiger Beer

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2003 3:04 am    Post subject: Which Southeast Asian country do you feel like going next? Reply with quote

Which Southeast Asian country do you feel like going to next? Not necessarily your favorite.. but on your next trip whenever that is.. or on your first trip down there.. and also, of course, why the place that you are choosing?
itaewonguy

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2003 3:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cambodia got to see ANGKOR WAT!
Tiger Beer

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2003 3:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

itaewonguy wrote:
cambodia got to see ANGKOR WAT!
I went to see Angkor Wat.. it was pretty cool.. I wouldn't go to see it again.. once was enough.. but worth it just for the journey to get there.. and being in Cambodia itself.. and the experience.. definitely a must-see if you haven't been there..
bucheon bum

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2003 3:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I clicked on Cambodia, which I definitly would like to see someday, but my interest in Laos is about the same. I read a book about a Lao family back in CA that was filled of stories of Laos that really made me want to go check the country out. I also heard rave reviews of the country when I was traveling around Vietnam.
waterbaby

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2003 3:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Philippines. I wanna go back. Boracay this time.
FierceInvalid

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2003 4:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I foresee doing the tour of the whole mainland area sometime in the not too distant. Gotta photograph Angkor before the whole thing gets ripped off, and the whole region is so interesting. For some reason I'm not quite as interested in the island countries (Indonesia, Philipines), though I definitely want to get to both of them eventually too. I want to go pretty much everywhere.
richinkorea

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2003 5:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I clicked on Myanmar, actually I've been to all the countries on the list but was only in Myanmar for one day.

Laos and Cambodia are favorites, along with PI, Vietnam, Thailand, Indonesia.......

It's all good in SEA. Cool
captain kirk

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2003 8:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

angkor wat. get back to kao san road in bangkok and find a mini bus tour going there. also, go up north on a kind of jungle/elephant safari like i did last time for three days. except for longer, two weeks maybe. the guides on that changmai area trek said they took people on two week treks. they took their time, stopped for awhile at some place. used art supplies to sketch. and go down south again to koh phi phi. but this time go diving alot. there's a guy there who will take you out to dive with sharks. and see a whale shark, which are prevalent in march.
and maybe continue south into malaysia. go to a national park there and see the apes. find somewhere there to dive. met people down there on south east asian and world tours.
Zyzyfer

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2003 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wanna go to Vietnam. I've been on a real France kick lately, and Vietnam's kinda French.
rapier

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2003 11:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You could pretty much lose yourself forever in SEA. Always something new. Laos is definitely the most laid back place in the region. But man, have you ever sat on one of those pick up trucks they have for busses? Man!! talk about uncomfortable!!!
Also - avoid the road from saigon to phnom penh. Scary as hell.
But still, these are minor irritations. Thailand and Cambodia both ROCK!!!
Cambodia- so tropical, the girls so pretty and stylish in their flashy dresses, so sweet! Thailand- such a happening vibe!! I'm on the verge of "retiring" there soon I hope..in the next couple years anyway..I'm only 30, too....
jajdude

PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2003 9:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Been to Thailand a few times, like it a lot, but wanna see elsewhere in that region of the world. Vietnam has my attention for some reason, with Laos and Burma in the shadows as well. Cambodia methinks would be quite an eye-opener too. All these places have more culture than Korea ever will, IMO.
Canuck

PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2003 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jajdude wrote:
Been to Thailand a few times, like it a lot, but wanna see elsewhere in that region of the world. Vietnam has my attention for some reason, with Laos and Burma in the shadows as well. Cambodia methinks would be quite an eye-opener too. All these places have more culture than Korea ever will, IMO.

How the helll do you quantify culture? Please tell me oh brilliant one. Id have to say your opinion is worth jack **** my friend. That said, SEA is an amazing region, and Id love to see it all. Ive only been to Thailand, Malaysia and Singapore, and found Thailand wayyyy too touristy to notice any real authentic Thai culture. It was all geared for the Westerner, bars and pubs and discos and cheap souvenirs. Malaysia was less touristy by far and as a result I found it far more authentic and liked it a lot more. From what I have read and heard, places like Cambodia, Laos, Vietnam, Myanmar would really appeal to me. Sometimes I imagine myself somewhere in the jungles of Cambodia or on some deserted Vietnamese beach, or riding a jeep across Myanmar. Its all cool. And when you miss the 1st world, you can always get to Singapore for a hit of the modern.
bucheon bum

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2003 6:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

canuck, did you just stick to the coastal areas or something? Yeah, Koh Samui, Pucket, Krabi, etc are as touristy as any place in the world but other places in Thailand are pretty cool. There were a couple other instances where I was the only white guy around and it was obvious the area didn't see too many tourists. It is just harder to get and find those places than Malaysia I guess.
camel96

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2003 10:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Philippines or Malaysia. Sit here freezing my butt of wishing I was there now.
Irony is if I was there sweating my butt off I'd wish I was here.
Zed

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2003 10:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I voted Philippines due to time constraints. If I had time, it would certainly be either Cambodia or Laos.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> FAQ All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5

Jump to: