Site Search:

Speak Korean Now!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

BEWARE Zenith Tours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Travel Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
FDNY

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2011 7:14 am    Post subject: BEWARE Zenith Tours Reply with quote

My family booked and paid for a flight to the UK. We went to the airport tonight and the airline said they had no information about us and our booking whatsoever. We are now back at our apartment in Korea. We called Zenith Tours but it was after office hours and there is NO emergency number for just such an occurence. In fact, the person we bought the tickets off refused to give us his cell number. I know a number of you may say they were great, but this little episode has hurt more than just my family. It is inexcusable. BEWARE.
kateinkorea

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2011 7:23 pm    Post subject: Zenith Travel rip off agent Reply with quote

We are in the same boat right now with this company. He sent an email last night saying that the flights that had been booked were cancelled accidentally and he wanted 600,000 won more (300,000 per person) so he could book two more flights for my son and his friend who were supposed to go on a holiday to the Phillipines tonight. He offerred to reimburse the cost of the 300,000 won after they returned from the holiday.

This guy obviously has got some big problems. (First, he has no conscience.) He is not answering any calls and yes, we don't have a cell phone number for him either.

update:

Unbelievable, but this guy actually came through with tickets afterall. Maybe he is just so scattered and not such a horrible guy in the end. Still wouldn't recommend anyone going through the stress though.
FDNY

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2011 2:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

He came through with our tickets to. But NOT as good as the ones we had before. I get 25-29 off plus the two weekends. Originally we booked leaving Friday night come back a week on Sunday. Perfect. Now we are leaving Monday afternoon and coming back the following Monday. I agree, he is not evil, he is 58 and getting feeble minded. Avoid.
FDNY

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FDNY wrote:
He came through with our tickets to. But NOT as good as the ones we had before. I get 25-29 off plus the two weekends. Originally we booked leaving Friday night come back a week on Sunday. Perfect. Now we are leaving Monday afternoon and coming back the following Monday. I agree, he is not evil, he is 58 and getting feeble minded. Avoid.

I retract my last statement. He is evil and calculating and WILL take you to the cleaners if you are not VERY wary. We got the new E-Ticket. When we arrived at the airport we soon learned he had omitted putting our 20-month-old daughter on the ticket. So we phoned him up, livid, and he said we had to buy a ticket there and bill him for it. We phoned him up today and there was no answer.

THIS GUY IS A CROOK. STAY AWAY.
CheeseSandwich

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2011 4:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm currently trying to get a 1.2 million won refund from him since he canceled my tickets after I paid him.

So I booked with a different company.
davai!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2011 7:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

gee I never had these problems with Expedia.
falco

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2011 6:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another story to add to the Zenith Tours horror saga. I booked two flights about six weeks ago. The first was from Icheon to Beijing to do a 4 night tour of the DPRK and another ticket from Beijing to Australia once the DPRK tour was finished. Total cost was W1,200,000. Not a bad price for the trip I thought so I bought it. Two nights before(!) I was due to fly off to Beijing, I get an e-mail from Mr Kang stating that my tickets had been accidentally cancelled but he could get tickets for later on for another W1,200,000 with a possible refund later on. By this time a refund for the DPRK tour was not possible and the only way I got to Beijing on time was to buy a business class ticket for W550,000. I'm now back in China with no ticket to anywhere despite a Korean friend repeatedly trying to contact Mr Kang back in Korea while I was away. I now dont know whether to carry on my vacation plans by buying a ticket to Aust from here or head back to the ROK and punch Mr Kangs lights out.

HEED THE WARNINGS HERE AND ABOVE - AVOID THIS COMPANY LIKE THE PLAGUE.
Konglishman

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2011 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It sounds like it might be a worthwhile idea for the above posters to sue this crook.
falco

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2011 11:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I intend consulting my lawyer when I get back to the ROK in Sept. If any of u previous posters want to join me in some sort of collective action against Mr Kang/Zenith Tours please let me know via a PM or e-mail.
Koreadays

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2011 3:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

come on guys, get together and sue him, or call the police sounds like he has been and is running a shady operation,
I try not to use travel agents anymore..
online is cool...
oldtactics

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2011 4:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm pretty sure that Jen at http://jennipal.blogspot.com was dealing with him as well, and they're out somewhere in the range of 10 million won. Her husband is Korean and he's here now trying to deal with the situation so you ought to get in touch with her if anything legal moves forward - would be smart to get everyone together.
falco

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2011 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for that oldtactics. I cant actually access her blog at the moment because I'm still stuck in Beijing thanks to Mr Kang and Zenith Tours but I will as I'm back in the ROK. Actually been here for about four days now (its a long story but after the first failure with my tickets, I e-mailed Mr Kang asking him to get a ticket from Beijing to Aust for Tuesday(8/9). This hasnt eventuated either unsurprisingly enough).

My feelings toward Mr Kang arent particularly benevolent at the moment. Lets just say if I were to meet him right now he would not be walking away from the encounter with all his body parts intact.
nickwils

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2011 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The mobile number for this thief is 010 9011 5781. Well that's the one I was given last week. He also owes me 800,000k for a flight.

Has anyone been into his office? I plan to visit this week a quiet word. I know it's exit 6 gangnam but i'm not exactly sure where.
SOLTATIO

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2011 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Same thing happened to me. I got an email 5 hours before my flight saying my flight had been cancelled and I would get a refund, so I had to pay 700,000 won for a flight from singapore to seoul to get back to work in time, on top of the 389,000 I had paid him originally.

He doesn't answer his office or his cell.

I think the best idea would be to get a group of people together to take this to the police. I have emailed a lawyer and they said they could not help, and that it is police matters.

If anyone has contacted the police or a lawyer or wants to start the process of doing so, please let me know. You can email me at [email protected]

(I'm posting from my friend's user name as mine has not been given approval yet)
nickwils

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2011 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, so he reckons put the remaining 395,000 won he owed me in the bank today, 2 weeks after Thai Airways put it in his account. The other 400,000 won I got on Tuesday. He emailed me so I haven't checked my account for the 395,000 so we will see.

Last week when he wouldn't reply to me I emailed reservations at Thai Airways in Seoul. I then emailed him and cc'ed Thai Airways into all my mails. I then called him on his mobile approx 300 times just letting it ring off and his office 5 times a day. Before I went to sleep I would give him a few calls, and then on my way to work I would just ring for an hour.

When he talked to me I told him we were not friends and that was my money, basically I talked down to him and demanded the money.I told him that if he didn't want me to come and sit in his office for a week taking his calls on the Zenith travel phone then he should pay. He sounded drunk when I talked to his, almost ashamed. The dick.

You should go to the police or to his office. Keep calling him. Annoy him into paying. It was a pain but worth getting my 800,000 won back.

Some other people are taking legal action, check the other Zenith travel threads. The guy is a thief and a w nker.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Travel Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: