Site Search:

Speak Korean Now!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

If you need an FBI check urgently
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Job-related Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kingssurfer

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2011 12:14 am    Post subject: If you need an FBI check urgently Reply with quote

Well, I don't know if its true, but apparently they can have the FBI CBC with an apostille done in 2- 5 days. The apostille can be done by the Illinois Secretary of State. I am going to call them as soon as they open up. They are brand new FBI channeler, and they will save a lot of time and hassle. Has anyone used this service, or know anything about them?

http://www.accuratebiometrics.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=61&Itemid=62

http://www.reddit.com/r/korea/comments/iwzb8/deliverance_good_news_for_people_dealing_with_the/

Thanks
failan

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2011 2:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

After you call them, can you let us know what they say? I'll probably give them a call too.

Apparently, after you get it back from them, you can send it off to Apostillepros. I assume it's a notarized copy you send them and that you don't need the FBI seal and signature.

Or possibly, Accurate Biometrics provides the seal and signature as well.

This is exciting because my chances for work were looking grim..

Thanks for posting this.
kingssurfer

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2011 3:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am assuming your in the same situation I am, and need an FBI check urgently. I actually was using apotillepros, and I will use them to apsostille my diploma but according to this link

http://www.reddit.com/r/korea/comments/iwzb8/deliverance_good_news_for_people_dealing_with_the/

and according to this link

http://www.fbi.gov/about-us/cjis/background-checks/fbi-approved-channelers

an FBI channeler such as accutebiometrics.com can not apostille, sign, or seal the FBI check, which is why they would send it to the Illinois Secretary of State. I am sure that it would be much faster than having to use both accutebiometrics.com and apostillepros.com.

The Illinois Secretary of state can apostille, sign and seal your background check and send it back to you. I kept trying to contact them, but they won't be open for another couple of hours. I am going to contact them and keep you posted.

Last edited by kingssurfer on Mon Jul 25, 2011 3:59 am; edited 1 time in total
young_clinton

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2011 3:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are these guys legit? Does anybody know?
marsavalanche

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2011 4:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol @ posting a reddit link.

place is about as safe as sticking your crotch into a tank of piranhas.
kingssurfer

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2011 4:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, according to these links they are. I am going to find out more obviously. I think they just opened up their channeling service.

As long as they get the job done, thats all that matters. If it works, it doesn't matter where I found the info.
veejjang

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2011 5:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

has anyone on here actually received a visa using this service?
kingssurfer

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2011 6:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just spoke with accutebiometrics.com on the phone.

My understanding is that they can do same day processing for fingerprints, but they can not authenticate the FBI cbc for you.

They have to send it back korea, and then in turn you send it back to the US to apostillepros.com, who then will get the signature and seal for you.

I am guessing that by using Fedex priority delivery this whole process could take 5 to seven days. I'll keep you updated on the process.
Jenoc

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2011 6:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I live in Illinois and they would not apostille my FBI CBC. I called the office in Springfield and Chicago and both told me they would not do it and that no other state SHOULD so it.

California does it but they should have stopped and from what I understand Korea is accepting it. I called Apostille pros the other day and they said no one has been rejected so far and that with the large number they process daily they would be one of the first people to know about it.

I just sent mine off to be apostilled so heres hoping for the best.
kingssurfer

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2011 6:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well,I hope apostillepros.com can make this happen. And, yes California does it, and Korean Immigration has been accepting it as far as I know.

I just spoke with accutebiometrics.com.
Yes, apostillepros.com can do that.

This is what you need to do

1. Get you fingerprints at a local police station 2 copies.

2. Send them FedEx to accutebiometrics.com (apparently they can do this in a day)

3. They mail you back your FBI CBC in Korea.

4. When you receive it, you then FEDEX back to the U.S to apostillepros.com to get it
authenticated/signed/sealed/apostilled.

5. Wait

6. Go visit Korean Immigration

With one day processing, I am assuming this can be done in under a week.

What an insane process, but that�s what you need to do.

All right, there you go.
plchron

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2011 6:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just had mine "apostilled" by California. It wasn't the same as sending it to the sec of state in DC, but it was approved by immigration. If you send it to the sec of state in DC then they staple the apostille onto your FBI CBC, If you send it to California sec of state then you have to make a sworn oath saying that the document is true, then they apostille that sworn statement. So If you guys are getting state apostilles then there is a piece of paper or two in between the FBI CBC and the apostille. It still worked out for me.
kingssurfer

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2011 7:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

plchron

How long did this whole process take you?
tyrobinson

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2011 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When I went to Korea I had all my docs apostilled by the state depatement in LA. It wasn't any more trouble than having the docs notarized first and then driving down there. If this new place can get the FBI background checks done quickly, then anyone living within driving distance of a state department building should be able to have all their documents ready to go inside of a week. That is a very appealing prospect.
lorunner07

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2011 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is interesting. Looks like the FBI has found a way to speed up the process. I might try this even though I sent mine in a month ago.

Since it's new I hope they have all the kinks worked out and it actually works like it's supposed to.

It says it can get it done in a day, but I wonder if this company will get flooded with requests and that will significantly change too?
veejjang

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2011 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I talked to apostillepros.com via email asking them about FBI channeling services. They said that they have not received any feedback on the services or claims of the "channeling" companies (quotes their use, not mine).

I'm still a little skeptical here guys.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Job-related Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 1 of 7

Jump to: