Site Search:

Speak Korean Now!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

If you need an FBI check urgently
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Job-related Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
failan

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2011 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey everyone, I got my CBC back from the Accuratebiometrics today. I sent it Monday, and it arrived Wednesday. They basically processed it in 1-2 days. I'll send it in this coming Monday to Apostillepros...

That's just my update.
kingssurfer

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2011 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Failan
Looks like your ahead of everyone else. I hope this works.
somekindofwonderful

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2011 1:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Multiple sources are saying that, for those residing in Korea, the USA Embassy will now provide a Kimmi-accepted affidavit regarding the FBI CBC.

However, I'm not sure if this means they will attach an affidavit to the actual report or if it is crafted on your own personal testimony in lieu of the report.

And if they are basing it on the CBC, does it matter that the report was done through an FBI channeler and has no stamp/signature? I don't know this either. I plan to call them first thing tomorrow to find out.

But, perhaps you can take your FBI CBC from Accurate Biometrics and get an affidavit from the Embassy and be done with it tomorrow.
Tigerstyleone

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2011 5:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lorunner07 wrote:
This is interesting. Looks like the FBI has found a way to speed up the process.

The FBI hasn't found a new way to process. Its just this Biometrics company has authorization into the FBI's Criminal database and this is all they do for their business is expedite CRC for people.

They can't apostille the thing and this is where the delay with the US Secretary of State being 3 months behind.
kingssurfer

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2011 11:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
And if they are basing it on the CBC, does it matter that the report was done through an FBI channeler and has no stamp/signature? I don't know this either. I plan to call them first thing tomorrow to find out.

But, perhaps you can take your FBI CBC from Accurate Biometrics and get an affidavit from the Embassy and be done with it tomorrow.

Let us know how this works out. Does this mean once I get my check back from accuratebiometrics, I only have to visit the embassy, and then I am done with this whole process? No one seems to know the answer to anything.
Tigerstyleone

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2011 12:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="failan"]Hey everyone, I got my CBC back from the Accuratebiometrics today. I sent it Monday, and it arrived Wednesday. They basically processed it in 1-2 days. I'll send it in this coming Monday to Apostillepros...

That's just my update.[/quote

Its not going to work.

Because the Secretary of State with not authenticate an FBI check without the FBI's Seal.

And all that Apostillepros can do is walk your document into the Sec of State office for walk in service. That's all the company does is send runners all over town to get stamps. No one at Apostillepos has the authority to authenticate your documents.

I hope it works because if it does I'm going to do it, but I have doubts.

Please let us know.
AsiaESLbound

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2011 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We know a channeler can't produce a FBI check with a FBI seal allowing a federal apostille.

Unfortunately, I can't find any way around waiting for the FBI CRC with a seal and then waiting on the federal apostille. Sorry OP, Accuratebiometrics states on their site they can't help anyone needing a FBI CRC with a seal to allow a federal apostille. If you find a channeler can be used to expedite it as to skip the 2 to 3 months wait, then you are sure to become a super star to your fellow Americans here. It's unfortunate expedited service isn't availabe as it's only 10 minutes of actual work and a few days mail delivery we are waiting 3 months or longer to receive
somekindofwonderful

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2011 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AsiaESLbound wrote:
We know a channeler can't produce a FBI check with a FBI seal allowing a federal apostille.

Unfortunately, I can't find any way around waiting for the FBI CRC with a seal and then waiting on the federal apostille. Sorry OP, Accuratebiometrics states on their site they can't help anyone needing a FBI CRC with a seal to allow a federal apostille. If you find a channeler can be used to expedite it as to skip the 2 to 3 months wait, then you are sure to become a super star to your fellow Americans here. It's unfortunate expedited service isn't availabe as it's only 10 minutes of actual work and a few days mail delivery we are waiting 3 months or longer to receive

Some people who had their CBC apostilled at a state level have reported not needing the stamp/seal from the FBI.
Tigerstyleone

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2011 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And those people aren't in Korea. Those people who got an apostille at the state also jumped through hoops by getting affidavits and what not before the state would stamp it. Moreover, not all states will do it. Only 2 or 3 guys on here actually did that too.
failan

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2011 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, apostillepros emailed me and said,

Quote:
Original FBI background check clearance letter with OR without signature of Kimberly J Del Greco and the embossed seal of the Department of Justice - we will appropriately notarize and have your FBI Background Check Apostilled valid for use in South Korea � fastest turnaround service

If they were to claim that and it not be true, I'm sure a lot of people would complain against them and demand their money back for lying.

Maybe these companies are relatively new. Believe it or not, a Korean recruiter even mentioned to me that I could get my CBC faster by using Accuratebiometrics. That must mean something. She wouldn't even mention that if there weren't some way to get around the lack of official seal and signature -- I at least assume.

I'll keep you posted. I'm sending my CBC to apostilllepros tomorrow.
Zyzyfer

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2011 11:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apostillepros isn't new, it's been discussed on here for a couple of years (since Kimmi started requesting them). That said, good luck, I hope I never have to go through the nightmare of getting a CBC. Mad
Tigerstyleone

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 3:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Failan,
Good Post. Thanks for the email message.

Interesting they can do this without the seal and signature of the FBI.
kingssurfer

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2011 2:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

If they were to claim that and it not be true, I'm sure a lot of people would complain against them and demand their money back for lying.

Maybe these companies are relatively new. Believe it or not, a Korean recruiter even mentioned to me that I could get my CBC faster by using Accuratebiometrics. That must mean something. She wouldn't even mention that if there weren't some way to get around the lack of official seal and signature -- I at least assume.

I'll keep you posted. I'm sending my CBC to apostilllepros tomorrow.

I am starting to lose hope here. Please, let us know how it works out.
failan

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2011 9:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kingssurfer, why you are losing hope?

http://www.expatexchange.com/expat/index.cfm?frmid=241&tpcid=3352320

That person claimed it was all accepted.

In various places on the net, the apostillepros thing has been suggested to a bunch of people.

And, KORVIA suggested it on their site:

http://www.korvia.com/index.php/faq/71-required-document-for-applying-job/438-is-there-any-company-who-can-obtain-apostille-stamp-for-me.html

They said,

Quote:
Apostille Pros (http://www.apostillepros.com/) is providing same day or 24-hours Apostille turnaround time service so if you are running out of time to obtaining apostille stamp on your copy of BA diploma or CRC. Korvia Consulting is not recommending apostille service but only when you have tight schedule.

Quote:
Apostille ProsSM services all your Apostille, Attestation, Authentication, Certification and Embassy Legalization requirements.

http://waygook.org/index.php?topic=13021.0

From the above link, someone said:

Quote:
My friend had the same problem. No signature, so you can't verify it. She spoke with Apostille Pros and they took care of it. Korean Immigration did accept it.

I sent mine in Monday, and by now it has arrived to apostillepros. I'm totally stressed like any of you that are getting this done. However, since that website made the claim and all these other people backed it up, I'm thinking it's legit. $175? It better work out. They must have some ways to get the stuff appropriately signed,sealed (whatever they do) to make it acceptable.

My recruiter told me to scan + email him my cbc +apostille when I get it back so he can get started on my visa faster. So, everything is riding on this one company.

Nobody on the net said it was denied, so I'm keeping my hopes up.

I'll keep you guys updated.

I hope this helps to relieve your worries a bit, but I do wake up at night worrying about this stuff.

[/quote]
kingssurfer

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2011 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Because of this

Quote:
Because the Secretary of State with not authenticate an FBI check without the FBI's Seal.

All links mention apostillepros, but they are all assuming you had your check done by the FBI and not a channeler. I even contacted another apostille co, and they said they could only do it if you had the FBI seal

and just like it says above and on accuratebimetrics.com

Quote:
If your response requires an apostille, you will need to contact the FBI directly in order to obtain your background check. FBI requirements prohibit any channeler to process fingerprints that require an apostille

All I can hope is that apostillepros can apostille the document without the signature and seal, and it can get by Korean Immigration. I really hope this works out, otherwise I am going to have to wait 3 months to reapply to my super sweet after school gig I have.

Keep us posted.

Last edited by kingssurfer on Wed Aug 03, 2011 4:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Job-related Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 3 of 7

Jump to: