Site Search:

Speak Korean Now!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Best way to get good quality whey protein?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> General Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
robinsoncrusoe

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 5:36 am    Post subject: Best way to get good quality whey protein? Reply with quote

What's the best way to get a hold of some good quality protein whey (ex. ON Gold Standard) while living in Busan?

I tried SpeedNS.co.kr but can't read a lick of Korean, so I don't know how to register. Then, I took a look at iHerb.com, which looks pretty good, although their prices seemed higher than Speed's.

Not sure about using Bodybuilding.com because it'll be shipped all the way over from the states and the customs/shipping costs make it the least cost-effective alternative.
highstreet

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 5:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

speedns and mass119 - you'll have to get a Korean to purchase it for you

otherwise use iherb.com
R. S. Refugee

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2011 2:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I get my whey from iHerb.com. Fast. Delivered in 4 or 5 days. Cheap shipping. Good choice of products.

This is the one I buy. http://www.iherb.com/Source-Naturals-Certified-Organic-Whey-to-Health-Premium-Protein-Powder-Concentrate-10-oz-283-75-g/20839?at=0

It it's your first order, you can get $5 off by using this discount code: COC920.

Cheers.
PS. All the labeling is in English so you can understand the ingredients list if that's important to you.
12ax7

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2011 6:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't bought any in a little while so prices might have gone up, but I like the Final Nutrition Final Whey (a Korean brand) that I get on Gmarket quite a bit. It mixes very well, I get good results using it, and it tastes rather good (I prefer mixing it in milk but it tastes good just in water). I really don't see the point in spending more on more famous brands when this one does the trick at a fraction of the price.

For the other supplements, I get mine at iherb.com. I recommend Jarrow Creatine Powder if that's what you're looking for. It's the best I've ever tried in over 15 years of taking creatine. It's practically flavourless and it mixes incredibly well. On top of that, it's cheap.

Use the discount code KOL914 on iherb.com for a 5$ discount on your first order. The code has no expiration date.
12ax7

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 7:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

12ax7 wrote:
I haven't bought any in a little while so prices might have gone up, but I like the Final Nutrition Final Whey (a Korean brand) that I get on Gmarket quite a bit. It mixes very well, I get good results using it, and it tastes rather good (I prefer mixing it in milk but it tastes good just in water). I really don't see the point in spending more on more famous brands when this one does the trick at a fraction of the price.

For the other supplements, I get mine at iherb.com. I recommend Jarrow Creatine Powder if that's what you're looking for. It's the best I've ever tried in over 15 years of taking creatine. It's practically flavourless and it mixes incredibly well. On top of that, it's cheap.

Use the discount code KOL914 on iherb.com for a 5$ discount on your first order. The code has no expiration date.

It's now 10$ off your first order over 40$, 5% (more?) over any order greater than 60$. Shipping is now only 4$ to South Korea on orders over 40$. The coupon KOL914 is still good, of course.
atwood

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

www.iherb.com I used to order from Speed but iherb shipping is cheaper.
supernova101

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 2:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm a big iHerb fan cheap (sometimes free) and fast shipping. I ordered on Monday morning and it arrived today (thursday)!

Just finished optimum nutrition chocolate flavoured whey protein - which was good!

And now I'm starting on the Isopure Zero Carb - Mango Peach flavour. I don't like this so much, it taste quite fake to me despite the good reviews on iHerb. I have half a mind to try to sell it off =(

(and of course BAP895 is the code to get $5 off any order under $40 or $10 for orders above $40!) http://www.iherb.com/?rcode=BAP895
Captain Corea

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 4:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

atwood wrote:
www.iherb.com I used to order from Speed but iherb shipping is cheaper.

iHerb is the bomb. I've used a few other sites, but it's easy to navigate, and will often get to my place in only a few days.

Full recommendation.
12ax7

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 1:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Use coupon KOL914 for 10 bucks off your first order and an additional 5% off if your order is over 60$. Free delivery on all orders over 40$ (just 4 or 6$ depending on which method (fast or super fast)) you use if your order is under 40$).

http://www.iherb.com?rcode=kol914
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> General Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: