Site Search:

Speak Korean Now!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Itaewonland II
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> FAQ
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Flex Bulkchest

Location: currently?...I don't know it's a room, with a computer....

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2004 8:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Really, is this a Seoul thing? We've never had any problems in this situation...and i'm the whittiest-white guy out there Very Happy
Flex Bulkchest

Location: currently?...I don't know it's a room, with a computer....

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2004 8:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ohhh...sorry..just caught up with the conversation...sorry it's late...and this pc-bang is starting to get to me
kangnamdragon

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2004 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK..I went last night and got the official word from the employees and manager of Itaewonland.

First, the place is very nice. I have seen better, but it is very nice. I'd say it is the best thing to do in Itaewonland. Everything is new of course. It is not too expensive. Also, they accept KTF and SK discount cards.

They have the baths, hot rooms, a polar ice room, PC room, restaurant, snack bar, comic books, no rae bang, board games, etc. They also have nail care, facials, and many types of massages for reasonable prices. (40k for 60 min./ 60k for 90 min..........facial massage 20k). The mud bath was not really a mud bath though. ( Shocked Question ).

I had about a 20 minute conversation with the "ajoshi" in the bath area and we also talked to his boss. He said there is no rule about white foreigners coming alone. He seemed to be shocked when I told him about the rumors. He said there is no reason why we would not be welcome.

The only reservations are that people there don't speak English (this whole conversation was in Korean) and they could not get the best service possible. I expained that most expats know how to use a sauna without directions and he agreed.

The only other concern, of course, would be the dilemma of a bunch of drunk GIs coming in. But, seriously, how many drunk GIs go to the sauna together. Rolling Eyes Idea

I explained about the newspaper article. The manager was upset. He wants to read the article and ask the newspaper for a retraction. I will send him the information.

So, go to Itaewonland and enjoy, with or without friends.

This has been a public service by kangnamdragon. Very Happy Very Happy
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
rudyflyer

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2004 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks for doing the legwork kangam. Next time I'm down there I'll try it. My wife and our Korean office assistant loved the place and wanted me to join them. Now I know I can
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> FAQ All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: