Site Search:

Speak Korean Now!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

how do I find where I can get fingerprinted for the fbi cbc?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Job-related Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
helloecho

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2011 1:21 pm    Post subject: how do I find where I can get fingerprinted for the fbi cbc? Reply with quote

Hi, I'm in the U.S., Philly if it helps, and I'm trying to find out where I can get fingerprinted. A lot of places around here only do fingerprinting for a company called Cogent which is absolutely no use to me because that's all scanned and I need someone who can just help me fill out the fingerprint card.

A google search has resulted only in a sketchy-looking van.

Can I just go to a police station or fbi building and ask to have this done? What did you do - how did you find where to go in your city/town?

Sorry if this is an obvious question. This whole process is confusing. Thanks.
katbrady

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2011 1:57 pm    Post subject: Re: how do I find where I can get fingerprinted for the fbi Reply with quote

helloecho wrote:
Hi, I'm in the U.S., Philly if it helps, and I'm trying to find out where I can get fingerprinted. A lot of places around here only do fingerprinting for a company called Cogent which is absolutely no use to me because that's all scanned and I need someone who can just help me fill out the fingerprint card.

A google search has resulted only in a sketchy-looking van.

Can I just go to a police station or fbi building and ask to have this done? What did you do - how did you find where to go in your city/town?

Sorry if this is an obvious question. This whole process is confusing. Thanks.

There are two trucks on 16th and Callowhill who do ink fingerprints. They are hard to miss.
helloecho

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2011 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hey - thanks. Do you know which one is better?
katbrady

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2011 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

helloecho wrote:
hey - thanks. Do you know which one is better?

i reckon they are both the same. i didn't get my CBC back yet, so I can't confirm that they are faultless. my friend used rosa's and hers turned out fine.
Chimie

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2011 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You usually can go to your local police department. Call ahead and ask them if and when they provide the service.
sweetkiss

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2011 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah i got mine done at a police station but i would call ahead first and ask specifically for ink prints because not all police stations do ink prints. only 2 in my city did so don't do what i did and go to 2 different police stations because you didn't call ahead of time
Illysook

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2011 12:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you are in America and making a request, it is the results that you want and will send to Korea, not the prints. Whether they are done in ink on paper or scanned into a computer really doesn't matter. If I had my choice, I'd rather not get my hands dirty.
lebenketten

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2011 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm from Philly, too. I called the police station in the township where I live, and made sure they did ink printing for submission to the FBI. They will not do it if you live in another township. Cost about $10 and took 15 minutes.

Police station, dude. Don't go to a van on the street, please?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Job-related Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: