Site Search:

Speak Korean Now!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Wanted: People willing to appear on Korea video
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Job-related Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Derrek

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2004 3:15 pm    Post subject: Wanted: People willing to appear on Korea video Reply with quote

I was formerly a TV Producer in the USA.

I am kicking around the idea of producing a DVD about teaching in Korea. As you may have seen, I've already made several simple home videos of my experiences here (click www link below).

I hope to find different people interested in talking about thier teaching experiences on-camera (the good, bad, ugly). Any good stories or situations deemed interesting could qualify. Talk about a sucky director. Talk about Immigrations. Talk about whatever.

I would record your story on camera, but your face would appear between different video clips (you wouldn't be on camera for long periods of time).

Anyone interested, or have any ideas? PM me or post.

I'm open for suggestions! Thanks.
kangnamdragon

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2004 3:40 pm    Post subject: Re: Wanted: People willing to appear on Korea video Reply with quote

Derrek wrote:
(the good, bad, ugly). .

Good, bad, and ugly experiences or teachers?
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
PatrickSiheung

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2004 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds really cool ) You know on the Life Network they aired a show called English Teachers. They followed around some teachers in Taiwan. I really liked watching it and I bet you could create a popular series! I for one would buy them if they weren't priced too high.

Have you thought about hiring writers and maybe a narrater too?

You could not only follow around teachers but you could also show some various areas of Seoul. Visit Yongsan, Itaewon, Hongdae... you know, some popular foreigner hang outs as well as show people the lesser known parts of Korea, prostitution houses etc that you can find. Would be kinda cool to sneak a hidden camera down one of those streets.

You could get a Korean friend to even interview different people about Korea. They could speak to the person in Korean of course and then translate for the camera.

The difficult part I would think though is keeping it a neutral peice of work. Trying not to show too much of the bad. You could speak to teachers that are here for the short term and those that have found a new home here.

Anyway, I'm rambling. But this is an exciting idea!
hellofaniceguy

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2004 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What is wrong with showing ones face instead of hiding it on T.V.? I don't get it and no amount of reasoning will make me understand it either.
Even in the U.S., at times the faces are covered. It's often in korea. I'd have no qualms about my ugly mug being shown! Even if I was being arrested in korea, I'd be "hamming" it up for the camera! Good, bad, or the ugly, why hide faces? If you're a bad person and ashamed, why then did you do wrong in the first place?!?!? Only those who have something to hide want their faces blocked!
Sign me up Derrek!
I'll speak my peace and piece and then some!
I'll rattle off like a machine gun against the injustice done to non koreans!
Derrek

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2004 11:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I as a writer for 8 years too. Smile

I'll put more up about this topic a little later... in a rush at the moment.

Yeah, I've planned to walk my video camera down one of those side streets as well.... take some video of all the "foreigners" there... you know... prostitution is a "foreigner problem" in Korea.
ahahaha

Seriously, I'd love to do an Andy Rooney type of satirical piece on that!

"Koreans behaving badly!"
shawner88

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2004 1:13 am    Post subject: Re: Wanted: People willing to appear on Korea video Reply with quote

Derrek wrote:
I was formerly a TV Producer in the USA.

I am kicking around the idea of producing a DVD about teaching in Korea. As you may have seen, I've already made several simple home videos of my experiences here (click www link below).

I hope to find different people interested in talking about thier teaching experiences on-camera (the good, bad, ugly). Any good stories or situations deemed interesting could qualify. Talk about a sucky director. Talk about Immigrations. Talk about whatever.

I would record your story on camera, but your face would appear between different video clips (you wouldn't be on camera for long periods of time).

Anyone interested, or have any ideas? PM me or post.

I'm open for suggestions! Thanks.

You totally stole my idea. I thought itwould be very interesting if I had the resources to document a teacher from the very beginning...watching him/her say goodbye to family and friends, arriving at the airport here...etc etc...
paperbag princess

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2004 1:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i'll do it!
matthews_world

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2004 5:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd be interested.

I'm Mr. Clean so my air time would be pretty boring. I could be your public tranportation expert. Use me if you needed to show the world that there are some foreigners who actually go to church in other countries. I could take viewers into DVD rooms, PC bangs and health clubs.

Other than that, I'd be a dry subject.

See if you can Zyz and Denz to do it. They would be more of the cool cats on the board.

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Pyongshin Sangja

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2004 7:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can I talk about how much love there is between various groups of foreigners working in Korea?
Zed

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2004 7:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pyongshin Sangja wrote:
Can I talk about how much love there is between various groups of foreigners working in Korea?
eslcafe vs. koreanesl : an expose
Pyongshin Sangja

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2004 7:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yanks vs Canucks. More childish than ever before.
Zed

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2004 7:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TMKATM vs. Andie - A Battle Not So Royale
coolsage

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2004 8:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll do it. I've already had a cameo on MBC. How much are you paying? I'm betting that you won't get back to me.
Derrek

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2004 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

coolsage wrote:
I'll do it. I've already had a cameo on MBC. How much are you paying? I'm betting that you won't get back to me.

No pay involved.

By the way, you lost the bet.
jazblanc77

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2004 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PatrickSiheung wrote:
Soun You know on the Life Network they aired a show called English Teachers. They followed around some teachers in Taiwan.

Yeah, they're coming to Korea soon. They had an ad on the job board looking for teachers just last November.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Job-related Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: