Site Search:

Speak Korean Now!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

How to open .hwp

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Technology Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
akcrono

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2011 8:56 pm    Post subject: How to open .hwp Reply with quote

Does anyone know how to open documents with .hwp? Microsoft word, Openoffice, notepad, and wordpad all show garbage.
eamo

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2011 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's a Hangul file.

Download the free, view-only, version here.
http://www.hancom.co.kr/hancom/eng/product/product01_01.jsp
UknowsI

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2011 1:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The problem with the Hangul reader is that it wont let you make make any changes to the document. At least last time I tried it I needed to make some small changes, and it wouldn't even let you copy the text from the document. The hangul reader works well if you just need to print it out or read it.
Underwaterbob

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2011 7:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

UknowsI wrote:
The problem with the Hangul reader is that it wont let you make make any changes to the document. At least last time I tried it I needed to make some small changes, and it wouldn't even let you copy the text from the document. The hangul reader works well if you just need to print it out or read it.

That's cause it's just the reader. The actual editing software costs. Which nearly destroyed the company entirely.

http://trove.nla.gov.au/work/98986334
Swampfox10mm

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2011 4:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Underwaterbob wrote:
UknowsI wrote:

That's cause it's just the reader. The actual editing software costs. Which nearly destroyed the company entirely.

Every single school I've ever worked at has pirated that program, as far as I know.
UknowsI

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2011 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Underwaterbob wrote:
UknowsI wrote:

And if he is going to be here for a little while it will probably be worth contacting the school administration to try to get the full version. I first downloaded the reader and found it to be pretty useless and had to switch later. When my uni asked me what they could do to improve their globalization, the main advice I gave was to drop .hwp. Little looks less professional than sending admission forms to foreign students in the .hwp format.
ajuma

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2011 5:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tell you students that foreigners NEVER use .hwp and they need to send their documents in a Word, .doc or .txt program! I won't accept them any other way!
FMPJ

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2011 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Use Gmail and open it as a Google Doc, then copy-paste the contents to a .docx or whatever you prefer.
FMPJ

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2011 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Use Gmail and open it as a Google Doc, then copy-paste the contents to a .docx or whatever you prefer.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Technology Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: