Site Search:

Speak Korean Now!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

IHerb.com ordering and tax
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> General Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
hwarangi

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2014 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My last two orders have only spent a day in customs, max. Anyone else notice an improvement?
plato's republic

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2014 6:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

@hwarangi,

No, not at all. My last three orders have been kept by customs for up to a week. When asked I was told my order was being quarantined. Apparently there's a new law as of this month which means all packages are now being screened more carefully, potentially leading to delays in receiving your goods. Either that or I'm just being singled out for some reason. I've never experienced any problems in over two years of ordering stuff until this past month or so. I would have thought the recent Korea-US and Korea-EU FTA's would have prevented such things from happening.

Out of interest, what kind of stuff are you ordering and how often do you order?
atwood

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2014 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I received an order last week. It took three days for iHerb to ship, which is unusual, but then it went right through customs.
neilio

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2014 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Weigookin74 wrote:
Hey, since you guys are good with this stuff or somewhat knowledgeable. What's good for burning fat, giving energy, and maybe building some strength or muscle? (I don't want to be the hulk or anything.)

Which I herb product do you recomment?

Simple - just order EnerStrengPumpBuilderine.

Sounds like you want a pill to fix a problem that will continue after the bottle is empty!

Go after the root cause. Fix your diet before you hit the gym hard. You need your hormones to be in check first for sustainable success.

Google paleo. It'll fix ur shit no problem.
plato's republic

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2015 12:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Has anyone had any issues ordering without the Personal Customs Clearance Code? As of January, all orders are supposed to be made through a PCCC rather than the regular Alien Registration number. My last order in January didn't have a PCCC but still got through alright, even though it was delayed slightly. I'm just wondering whether I got lucky due to it being the first month of the new system.
Jake_Kim

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2015 3:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

plato's republic wrote:
Has anyone had any issues ordering without the Personal Customs Clearance Code? As of January, all orders are supposed to be made through a PCCC rather than the regular Alien Registration number. My last order in January didn't have a PCCC but still got through alright, even though it was delayed slightly. I'm just wondering whether I got lucky due to it being the first month of the new system.

Non-Koreans can still put in PASSPORT number in place of the PCCC.
ARC number, being an extension of Korean national ID number system, cannot be used directly. It can only be used in applying for your own PCCC for the first time, should you choose to do so instead of using your passport number.
Hokie21

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2015 6:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

plato's republic wrote:

I never got a PCCC and have still been able to order things off iherb as of last week without a problem. I just "sign in" as I normally do and select what I want and submit. Got my stuff in like 5 days.
plato's republic

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2015 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just received an email from iHerb funnily enough reminding me that I need to apply for a PCCC. When I placed my last order, there wasn't any prompt for me to input my PCCC or Passport number. Where exactly are you supposed to enter those details?

Last edited by plato's republic on Thu Feb 12, 2015 5:44 pm; edited 2 times in total
atwood

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2015 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

plato's republic wrote:
I just received an email from iHerb funnily enough reminding me that I need to apply for a PCCC. When I placed my last order, there wasn't any prompt for me to input my PCCC or Passport number. Where exactly are you supposed to enter those details?

Screen Shot 2015-02-13 at 10.39.40 AM[/img]

I ordered last Thursday and had to enter my passport number. The instructions were pretty clear.

But I guess that's the last time for that. I just received this e-mail from i_herb:
Quote:

고객님의 iHerb 계정 정보에 관련하여
iHerb, Inc.
To
me
Today at 9:34 AM
English version follows below.
---

iHerb 고객님께,

한국 세관은 2015년 1월부터 해외에서 구매한 제품의 통관에 개인통관고유부호의 사용을 의무화시켰습니다.

본 변경사항으로 인하여 최근까지 통관을 위해 사용되던 주민등록번호 혹은 외국인 등록번호는 더 이상 사용할 수 없게 되었습니다. 만약 아직 개인통관고유부호를 발급받지 않으셨다면 다음 링크를 통해 자세한 사항을 안내받으실 수 있습니다: https://p.customs.go.kr

수령인의 정보와 개인통관고유부호는 반드시 일치되어야 합니다. 만약 수령인의 정보와 통관정보 입력 페이지의 정보가 일치하지 않을 경우, 제품 배송이 지연될 수 있으며 추가 통관비용이 부과될 수도 있습니다.

제품 주문 시 상기 내용을 정확하게 확인해 주시길 바랍니다. 잘못된 배송 혹은 통관 지연을 방지하는 목적으로 고객님 계정에 잘못된 형태로 입력되어 있는 배송지 주소와 통관용 정보는 iHerb에서 삭제시켰습니다.

원활한 배송과 통관을 위하여 정확한 수령인 정보, 주소, 통관정보를 입력해 주시길 바랍니다. 그리고 최근 발생된 통관, 배송지연에 대해 다시 한번 사과의 말씀을 드립니다. 불편을 겪으신 한국 고객들을 위하여 2015년 3월 한 달동안 $40 이상의 주문 시 무료 택배 배송을 제공, $60 이상의 주문에는 무료 택배 배송과 추가 10%의 할인을 적용시켜드릴 예정입니다.

감사합니다

iHerb 팀 일동
---

Dear iHerb Customer,

As of January 1, 2015, Korean Customs began requiring a Korean Personal Customs Code (PCC).

With this change, customers can no longer use a Resident Registration Numbers or an Alien Registration Number when placing orders on iHerb. If you don’t have a PCC, please visit: https://p.customs.go.kr

On a related topic, it is important to ensure that your shipping address matches the address used with your PCC. If shipping address does not match the PCC address or PCC was incorrectly, delivery of your will be significantly delayed and you may be charged additional customs fees.

We are mentioning the above as your iHerb account may require attention to one or both of these issues. In order to prevent a future delivery problem, iHerb removed some shipping addresses where the data was incomplete or not correct. However, we could not validate your PCC information since this is a personal code.

Next Steps
On your next order with iHerb, please confirm your shipping address and PCC are accurate. As an incentive, when you place an order during the month of March, iHerb will provide free shipping for orders of $40 or more and an extra 10% credit for orders of $60 or more.

I just read how Korean retail sales are down, partially due to overseas Internet purchases. I guess customs wants to do its part to make those purchases a bit tougher.

Last edited by atwood on Thu Feb 12, 2015 10:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
Hokie21

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2015 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Came on here to post this same exact thing. Was able to order last week or so with my ARC and just got this same email. Gotta get the PCCC I guess.
Adventurer

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2015 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

atwood wrote:
The amount for Internet orders from the U.S. is supposed to increase due to the surge of Internet shopping by Koreans. IIRC the new limit will be $150, (not 150,000won) but when it goes into effect I don't know.

Korean customs is a very political entity. They may be cracking down because the stronger won will hurt Korean exporters. They are one of the things Obama complained about when taking Korea to task for non-compliance with the FTA. They place an onerous burden on many importers who want to get their products into the Korean market.

A lot of people who want to order things from iherb.com are having trouble due to customs, it appears. You don't have to be over the 150,000 won. I ordered a few things, and they asked me for custom code, but their website might as well be in Greek. It is a mess.
plato's republic

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2015 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I don't use IE and the actual process of going through the website and trying to get the PCCC looks like a real pain in the nutsack. Not sure why Jake_Kim said a passport number can be used in place of a PCCC, unless he meant only temporarily.
atwood

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2015 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

plato's republic wrote:
Yeah, I don't use IE and the actual process of going through the website and trying to get the PCCC looks like a real pain in the nutsack. Not sure why Jake_Kim said a passport number can be used in place of a PCCC, unless he meant only temporarily.

Probably because, just like me, it let him order with his passport number, but now they've had to go to the PCCC, most likely at the request of SK customs.
The Cosmic Hum

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2015 1:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

plato's republic wrote:

Because we can use our Passport number.
It even states that on the iherb page that asks for the new code.
It says if you are a foreigner, you can use your passport number
F + Country code + passport

Worked for me anyway.
Best of luck with it.

And thanks Jake...your info was helpful.
Jake_Kim

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2015 3:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

plato's republic wrote:

The Cosmic Hum beat me to it, but perhaps I should clarify on the technicality as well by copying and pasting my own reply to an earlier, different thread about iHerb. (http://forums.eslcafe.com/korea/viewtopic.php?p=2977548&highlight=#2977548)
---------------------

Posted: Fri Jan 09, 2015 3:27 am Post subject:
OBwannabe wrote:
I'm ordering from Iherb for the first time and it's asking me for my passport info. It wants it in this format: FAA000000000(F+Country code+passport number)
Anyone know exactly what this means? Is the country code the same 2 digit number for phones calls-82? What does the F stand for, anything? It also gives 9-zeros for the passport number, but I only have 8 characters for my passport, maybe it's different for other countries?
Would really like to make this order asap. Any help is apprectiated.
Thanks.

The 'Country code' in this context is the ISO 2-letter code (ISO 3166-1 alpha-2), which is in fact the international standard, not some set unique only to the Korea Customs. Thus US for the United States or CA for Canada is indeed correct, so is GB for the United Kingdom, AU for Australia, DE for Germany, and so forth.
(The use of ISO Codes is explicitly stated by the Customs on their manual in Korean)
----------------------------

So, it could have been misleading as if passport number in its raw format works when I had stated that you can put in your passport number, which is nevertheless still true. I just should've added a comment about the required formatting as well. Sorry about that.

I got the instruction above directly off of the Korea Customs' manual, so it's legit until they decide to change it up all over again some time in the future. Try the 'F+Country code+passport number' format, it should work.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> General Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: