Site Search:

Speak Korean Now!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Don't even try doing ??? this long holiday weekend.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> General Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Drew345

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2012 5:33 pm    Post subject: Don't even try doing ??? this long holiday weekend. Reply with quote

I just went by Coscto; usually it is OK during first open hour on a Saturday. The checkout line was about 2 hours long. The line just to go from upstairs to downstairs was half way about the building. The parking line (I didn't park), spiraled out from the store going around ever widening blocks. Luckily, I was able to just laugh and leave empty handed.
Anyway, didn't mean to make this thread about Costco, but are there things to just not even think of doing this Sollal weekend because of the crowds? I was looking forward to a quiet weekend as Seoul it emptied and people go upcountry, instead I met a flashmob.
Are there other things to definitely not do this weekend because of the crowds?
Conversely, are there things great to do this weekend because of lack of crowds?
Thanks, Drew
CrikeyKorea

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2012 2:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I went to Costco last night complete with 2x4 in hand, but there were almost no people. I think the longest line had 2 people in it...
macandcheese

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2012 5:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The holiday doesn't start till Sunday. The people at costco today were stocking up on stuff to bring to grandma's house tomorrow. Monday is the main day, everything will be dead silent. It's scary almost. If you look out your window, no cars, no buses, no taxis, no people. Random stray dogs wandering around spreading trash. It's like waking up to the zombie apocalypse.

Honestly, this is my 5th Solal and I think everyone is getting their panties in a knot for nothing. ATMs aren't going to run out of money, plenty of 7-11 type stores will be open. You can even call and order a pizza if you want.
alongway

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2012 8:49 am    Post subject: Re: Don't even try doing ??? this long holiday weekend. Reply with quote

Drew345 wrote:
I just went by Coscto; usually it is OK during first open hour on a Saturday. The checkout line was about 2 hours long. The line just to go from upstairs to downstairs was half way about the building. The parking line (I didn't park), spiraled out from the store going around ever widening blocks. Luckily, I was able to just laugh and leave empty handed.
Anyway, didn't mean to make this thread about Costco, but are there things to just not even think of doing this Sollal weekend because of the crowds? I was looking forward to a quiet weekend as Seoul it emptied and people go upcountry, instead I met a flashmob.
Conversely, are there things great to do this weekend because of lack of crowds?
Thanks, Drew

Which one? I hit the Sang-bong one on Saturday.. the line to go downstairs was half-way around the building, but it moved at a pretty quick pace. Didn't take as long as I thought it would. After I got to the check-out, there was only like 1-2 people at each check-out. It was fairly fast.
diver

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2012 3:32 pm    Post subject: Re: Don't even try doing ??? this long holiday weekend. Reply with quote

alongway wrote:
Drew345 wrote:
Thanks, Drew

Which one? I hit the Sang-bong one on Saturday.. the line to go downstairs was half-way around the building, but it moved at a pretty quick pace. Didn't take as long as I thought it would. After I got to the check-out, there was only like 1-2 people at each check-out. It was fairly fast.

The line around the building was for the onion grinder.
BackRow

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2012 3:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are things generally going to stay closed on tuesday?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> General Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: