Site Search:

Speak Korean Now!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Red Dragon Blog: MMA Girl English Teacher Fighting in Korea
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> General Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
seoultee

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 6:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

flash viego wrote:
I have seen countless youtube videos as I plan for a September start in Korea. I will say that Seoultee's videos have helped the most. He is also clearly very serious about his job, and his life in Korea. He has also answered many questions I have asked about a variety of topics.

I think the critics have misinterpreted his intentions, or his use of "sabatical from life". Lighten up guys.

Thanks, Flash. I'm glad you've appreciated my vids and blogs!
seoultee

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 6:04 am    Post subject: Are South Koreans Afraid of North Korea? Reply with quote

http://tommyreddragon.blogspot.kr/2013/03/are-south-koreans-afraid-of-north-korea.html
seoultee

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 2:02 pm    Post subject: MMA Girl English Teacher Fighting in Korea Reply with quote

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SReqpLk-kNs

Back in December of 2012 I did a blog post about a fellow English teacher who trains in MMA here in Busan. She has since started competing and is currently 2-0. Jade Marie Anderson is from the USA and came to Busan to teach English through EPIK about a year ago. In addition to teaching full-time, she is also a full-time mixed martial artist.

In the world of martial arts, a lot of people start and finish very quickly. In a sport like MMA (mixed martial arts) it's no different. In fact, the turnover is even greater because of the nature of it. It's pure sport, meant to prepare someone for performance only. There are no formalities or curriculum. No special katas or anything like that. MMA is getting on the mat and learning what is required to beat your opponent, whether it be through striking or take-downs and submissions. Usually it's some combination of both. To learn the techniques proficiently enough to make them effective in a match is a very burdensome task. If you want to excel you have to learn and apply the techniques, and then build stamina adequate enough to get you through a match to apply them.

Training in MMA can be a whole-life commitment and the effort alone crumbles most people before a punch is even thrown.

Enter Jade Anderson. She's a former wrestling champion turned MMA aficionado. She trains at the famed Busan Team MAD with the likes of Kim Dong Hyun, one of the UFC's premier fighters at the moment. I've had the pleasure of training with her and watching her grow as a fighter. Her work rate and regimen are nothing short of ULTIMATE. She's full of positive energy and embodies the term "commitment".

With the blog post about Jade being the second most popular since starting my blog, I thought it only fitting to do a video montage about her, showcasing her desire to win in MMA and become a belt holder.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> General Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Page 6 of 6

Jump to: