Site Search:

Speak Korean Now!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

KT LTE phone - Transferrable to SE Asia or not?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> General Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
redeye

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2013 2:11 am    Post subject: KT LTE phone - Transferrable to SE Asia or not? Reply with quote

Anyone know the inside scoop on a KT LTE phone and it's ability to be used (unlocked) in a major city in SE Asia? I mean SIM card switched and used permanently.

My contract is over half through . . . moving to a major SE Asian city in a few months. Wondering if it will be worth taking my phone, or if it will even work. (There's the issue of paying for the rest of the phone and contract cancellation fee. Wondering if it is worth it as well.) It is 3G/4G Samsung phone (LTE) with KT.

Did a Dave's and Google search and come up with nothing. Just hoping to get an idea before I actually head into the phone company and attempt to find out.
wishfullthinkng

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2013 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

including a model name/number would be helpful.

if it's a galaxy phone then the answer would be yes, you can use it unlocked in almost any major se asian city.

however you obviously will be relegated to 3g instead of lte and you may have issues using sms.
redeye

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2013 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Galaxy Note 1.
wishfullthinkng

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2013 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

should work without a problem. call kt to verify if you have any doubts you'd like to clear.

i gave my friend in the philippines my old galaxy s2 and she had issues with it for sms'ing. that was the only issue she had. might not happen everywhere though.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> General Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: