Site Search:

Speak Korean Now!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Missed Insurance payments.do u have to pay up if u transfer?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Job-related Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
happiness

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 3:03 am    Post subject: Missed Insurance payments.do u have to pay up if u transfer? Reply with quote

Sorry for the shortened title.

I transferred my job, and when I applied for insurance, my last job didnt pay my first month and last months insurance. I was told I should pay them before I apply for my new insurance at my new school.

Any ideas? thank you.
Skippy

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 3:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, you will have to pay any health insurance (NHIC) for anytime you have been working in Korea. Actually looking at your questions. Who is "them"? Previous school or NHIC?

Ya it may suck to have a school not pay a month or two. It is much suckier when the school does not pay at all and you have to pay the premiums for the past year to even get registered for insurance. Get caught up.

Hope your pension is caught up and paid too. Do verify that the money collected is going towards insurance.
happiness

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Skippy wrote:
Yes, you will have to pay any health insurance (NHIC) for anytime you have been working in Korea. Actually looking at your questions. Who is "them"? Previous school or NHIC?

Ya it may suck to have a school not pay a month or two. It is much suckier when the school does not pay at all and you have to pay the premiums for the past year to even get registered for insurance. Get caught up.

Hope your pension is caught up and paid too. Do verify that the money collected is going towards insurance.

thank you, i meant my last job, i guess they were trying to cut corners? no huge biggie.
im going to hit the pension office, but as long as every deduction is on my receipt, then im ok. they may be trying to see if i wouldnt notice, but its such a good job, i wont get riled up, as long as its in my wallet or the right place on pay day. Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Job-related Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: