Site Search:

Speak Korean Now!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Visa Runs...Fukuoka
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21, 22, 23, 24  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Travel Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Proustian

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes and no.
2400 Yen (31,000 won) for a shared dormitory or 3500 Yen single (46,000 won). Personally, I hate sharing rooms with strangers Shocked
crossmr

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2009 12:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Proustian wrote:
Yes and no.
2400 Yen (31,000 won) for a shared dormitory or 3500 Yen single (46,000 won). Personally, I hate sharing rooms with strangers Shocked
its a shared bathroom only I believe. The rooms are individual. I saw pictures somewhere.
If you're on vacation splurge, but if you're going for a cheap visa run, no point in wasting money.
Proustian

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2009 12:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
its a shared bathroom only I believe. The rooms are individual. I saw pictures somewhere.
If you're on vacation splurge, but if you're going for a cheap visa run, no point in wasting money.

I have never been there, I am merely interpreting the website. It says "mixed share dormitory room" which is 1000 yen less than a "private room"

Unless the Japanese have their own interpretation of dormitory, I would suggest that it is a big shared room - like a dormitory room in any other hostel - with a set of bunk beds.
http://www.khaosan-fukuoka.com/005rate/
sfreeman

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2009 7:47 am    Post subject: Re: visa run deals Reply with quote

Proustian wrote:

The only rub is that the beetle schedule means you spend 4 days in Japan Cool.
Example: I arrive Monday arvo, lodge papers on Tuesday, pickup Visa on Wednesday and travel back early on Thursday - 3 nights in Fukuoka, which suits me but may be a drag for others.

Can this not be done on a 2 day, one night trip? Everyone I've talked to (including experienced travel agent) have done this:
1. Booked Pusan -> Fukuoka on the first ferry, 9:30 am
2. Filed documents ASAP
3. Picked up visa next day
4. Returned on afternoon ferry Fukuoka -> Busan, 3:30 pm or whatever's available.
shawnduthie

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2009 7:54 am    Post subject: Anyone done the run recently? Reply with quote

Hi

We're supposed to be getting our E2s in Fukuoka next week but heard that they're sending people back to their own countries for the visa. Has anyone done the run reecntly? We've both had E2s before but then our friend who got sent back to NZ has been working in Korea for almost 10 years and has had tons of E2 visas. I'm Canadian and my fiancee is British,

Cheers

Shawn
schmoove

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2009 11:23 pm    Post subject: My Visa Journey To Fukuoka Reply with quote

Hi all,
I got back from my trip to Fukuoka yesterday. It was great fun and a lovely relaxing journey.
Here's how it went.

My employer booked the ferry and one night accomodation through Kangsan Travel.

Took train to Busan.
Subway to Jungangdong station (1 stop).
Walked 5 minutes to Busan ferry terminal.

Changed cash at terminal and got 20,000 yen.
Checked in for ferry, paid 8000 won (?) departure tax.
Given hotel voucher by desk lady.
Completed disembarkation form and customs form given to me after checking in.
Got ferry.

Got off ferry in Japan.
Bags checked by very nice customs chap, all quick and easy.
There were 5 other folks doing the exact same thing as me, going for one night to get a visa.
While waiting for a bus, four of us (not met before) got together and got in a taxi, as only a bit more costly than bus.
Taxi flagfall is 500 yen.
Got off at consulate and paid taxi 2000 yen.

At consulate gate, you must complete visitors form so:
name
korean address
phone number
purpose of visit

Inside, got an E2 visa form from front desk
http://www.imagebam.com/image/1f7fac54235270
Completed that and gave to lovely desk lady with 6000 yen (5400 Yen if USA citizen), one passport style photo (photo booth available on site at 500 yen for a set) and E2 visa confirmation number (supplied by my employer).
Collectable at 10am next day.

Left embassy.
Took 305 bus to Watanabe dori and Central Hotel. 220 yen (?)
(Get on using bus centre doors, take ticket on entry. Red LED signs above driver tell you how much fare you pay. You must pay using exact change, there is a change machine located next to the driver. Drop exact change and ticket in box next to driver. Pay on exit).
Went to hotel.

Next day.
Walked down to bus stop, took 305 (?) bus to consulate.
Filled in visitor form again.
Collected passport with my receipt from yesterday.
Enjoyed sites of Fukuoka a little while more.
Took 305 bus from near the beach (otherside of the Fukuoka dome) to downtown (where hotel is) then switched to another bus (forgot the number) and got to ferry.

Completed some form before checking in.
Checked in and paid 500 yen tax.
Went to vending machine and paid a different 500 yen tax.
Got boat home.

And a good time was had by all.
Total spent (inc. visa fee) 12,000 yen (156,000 won).

Thanks.
Smee

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2009 11:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not sure if anyone checks this anymore, but does anyone have any recent information about getting a C-3 visa from the Korean consulate in Fukuoka? The woman on the phone at Gwangju immigration spoke a little English and said it'd take 2 days, but I'd like to double-, triple-, and hundrediple-check it before I leave.

If I get all the appropriate paperwork in order, file it on Monday, can I pick it up on Tuesday? Anyone have experience getting a C-3 from Fukuoka?

Thanks.
cangel

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have been using my Woori Bank ATM card in Japan (Fukuoka) - FYI. It's just a visa-check card with no other Cirrus/Plus affiliation... It does have the BC logo.
eggman87

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 5:13 am    Post subject: anyone going to fukuoka Reply with quote

im headed to fukuoka on the 27th of january by way of the busan ferry
for visa run. just wondering if anyone else was heading there around that time. cheaper to travel together and good company!
calicoe

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm headed to Fukuoka in the next couple of days. I plan to take the KTX to the Busan ferry and buy a JR railpass. Do I need to make reservations and/or go through a travel agent, or can I just show up and buy a ticket and JR pass before boarding the Beetle?

Thanks much.
Joe Bradley

PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2010 1:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I need to go to Fukuoka in the last week of February for my E-2 visa. My question is: if I arrive at the Korean consulate by 3pm, will the visa definitely be issued the following morning? If there's any doubt, I'll probably book a two-night stay just to be on the safe side.

Thanks for any help.
Tigerstyleone

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 4:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Proustian wrote:
Yes and no.

Why would you pay 46,000 won for a single when you can stay at Central Hotel for 50,000 ????

or you like hostels?
Tigerstyleone

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 9:33 am    Post subject: Re: My Visa Journey To Fukuoka Reply with quote

schmoove wrote:
Hi all,
I got back from my trip to Fukuoka yesterday. It was great fun and a lovely relaxing journey.
Here's how it went.

My employer booked the ferry and one night accomodation through Kangsan Travel.

Took train to Busan.
Subway to Jungangdong station (1 stop).
Walked 5 minutes to Busan ferry terminal.

Changed cash at terminal and got 20,000 yen.
Checked in for ferry, paid 8000 won (?) departure tax.
Given hotel voucher by desk lady.
Got ferry.

Got off ferry in Japan.
Bags checked by very nice customs chap, all quick and easy.
There were 5 other folks doing the exact same thing as me, going for one night to get a visa.
While waiting for a bus, four of us (not met before) got together and got in a taxi, as only a bit more costly than bus.
Taxi flagfall is 500 yen.
Got off at consulate and paid taxi 2000 yen.

At consulate gate, you must complete visitors form so:
name
korean address
phone number
purpose of visit

Inside, got an E2 visa form from front desk
http://www.imagebam.com/image/1f7fac54235270
Completed that and gave to lovely desk lady with 6000 yen (5400 Yen if USA citizen), one passport style photo (photo booth available on site at 500 yen for a set) and E2 visa confirmation number (supplied by my employer).
Collectable at 10am next day.

Left embassy.
Took 305 bus to Watanabe dori and Central Hotel. 220 yen (?)
(Get on using bus centre doors, take ticket on entry. Red LED signs above driver tell you how much fare you pay. You must pay using exact change, there is a change machine located next to the driver. Drop exact change and ticket in box next to driver. Pay on exit).
Went to hotel.

Next day.
Walked down to bus stop, took 305 (?) bus to consulate.
Filled in visitor form again.
Collected passport with my receipt from yesterday.
Enjoyed sites of Fukuoka a little while more.
Took 305 bus from near the beach (otherside of the Fukuoka dome) to downtown (where hotel is) then switched to another bus (forgot the number) and got to ferry.

Completed some form before checking in.
Checked in and paid 500 yen tax.
Went to vending machine and paid a different 500 yen tax.
Got boat home.

And a good time was had by all.
Total spent (inc. visa fee) 12,000 yen (156,000 won).

Thanks.

I know this guy is trying to help, but he got most things wrong. Exit numbers, bus numbers, prices, cost.
I just returned from Fukuoka on Feb. 10th and I can advise you don't plan your trip around this guys post.

Everything is very expensive. I advise you to get a map at the Fukuoka ferry terminal for free. Share a Taxi to the consulate and after you submit your application you can then find your way around on foot with the map and subway.
33Jimbo33

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 11:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know Visa runs were big awhile ago (3+ years) because they were easy to do, but I heard a year or two ago that "visa runs to Japan have stopped because of increased regulations". Buuut then I see that threads like this are still going, so I'm confused. Are Japan visa runs still viable? Does anybody know what the "increased regulations" were that I heard about??
fezmond

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2010 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i've confused myself somewhere along here....

i'm off to fukuoka on tuesday for a new e-2 (yes i've had one before), i know i need passport photos, yen etc

what's the 'Certificate For Conformation Of Visa Issuance'?

i've been given my visa issuance number by my school already, isn't that enough or do i have to get the above form from immigration in mokdong?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Travel Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21, 22, 23, 24  Next
Page 22 of 24

Jump to: