Site Search:

Speak Korean Now!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

D10 Looking for work visa
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> General Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ttompatz

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 11:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

c3po wrote:
The D-10 sounds great but not being able to collect pension is tough..I called the pension office at 02-2176-8700 and they informed me that it didn't matter what visa you were on- as long as you left the country permanently you could receive your pension..Has anyone had experience with this?

Leaving the country "permanently" means cancellation or expiration of your visa status.

If you keep a D10 (not leaving Korea / keeping the same status of sojourn) then you can't get the refund.

If you need the pension refund then end your E2, collect the refund and start a new E2 application (new documents required).

Riddle

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Leaving the country "permanently" means cancellation or expiration of your visa status.

If you keep a D10 (not leaving Korea / keeping the same status of sojourn) then you can't get the refund.

If you need the pension refund then end your E2, collect the refund and start a new E2 application (new documents required).

All do respect to ttompatz and thanks for his help, but I do not think this is correct. I have called the pension office at the airport because the teller speaks good English, and he said that it shouldn't matter if I'm on a D-10 visa. I should still be able to collect my lump-sum as I am no longer paying into pension. The same requirements of leaving the country will apply. He said that there isn't really a prescedent for this kind of situation, but that it should be possible. I'm going to go ahead and try this soon after I sign up for my D-10 visa on the 18th. Will update this thread to let everyone know how it goes.
pleaseplease

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 3:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Riddle wrote:
Quote:

All do respect to ttompatz and thanks for his help, but I do not think this is correct. I have called the pension office at the airport because the teller speaks good English, and he said that it shouldn't matter if I'm on a D-10 visa. I should still be able to collect my lump-sum as I am no longer paying into pension. The same requirements of leaving the country will apply. He said that there isn't really a prescedent for this kind of situation, but that it should be possible. I'm going to go ahead and try this soon after I sign up for my D-10 visa on the 18th. Will update this thread to let everyone know how it goes.

If I remember correctly, you have to give up your ARC when you get your pension refund, in which case, I'm guessing that means giving up your D-10 status as well...

Please let us know how it goes. I'm looking into doing something similar.
Internacular

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 12:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Riddle wrote:
Quote:

How did it go?
woods

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 3:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My ARC expires at the end of December but i plan to come back to korea early next year after afew months at home.
If I apply for the D10 visa in December, will it effectively add 6 months to my expiring ARC and allow me access to Korea and job searching for 6 months therafter???
Skippy

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 5:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

One of the new requirements for getting a D-10 is filling out a job search form. If you job search plan includes a couple months at home. Immigration might refuse. I am just guessing.

I think a month is doable, immigration would likely not care. More then one, I think they would just ask for you to just get a new one. Once again what immigration does not really know will not hurt them.

Actually one question about D-10 is are they 180 day or up to 180 days. I think immigration at their discretion might give less time.
Taylormade

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Skippy wrote:
One of the new requirements for getting a D-10 is filling out a job search form. If you job search plan includes a couple months at home. Immigration might refuse. I am just guessing.

My contract is ending in a couple of months. I'm considering changing schools, but I'd like to take advantage of the contractual 'airfare home' before starting my next job. I want to apply for the D-10 then head home for a couple of weeks. When I get back to Korea I'll pop into kimmi and pick up my D-10. It sounds very simple. But few things are made easy for us here. Has anyone here done this successfully? Gotten the ticket home while transferring to the D-10?

Thanks in advance.
Tyshine

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 1:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Taylormade wrote:
Skippy wrote:

My contract is ending in a couple of months. I'm considering changing schools, but I'd like to take advantage of the contractual 'airfare home' before starting my next job. I want to apply for the D-10 then head home for a couple of weeks. When I get back to Korea I'll pop into kimmi and pick up my D-10. It sounds very simple. But few things are made easy for us here. Has anyone here done this successfully? Gotten the ticket home while transferring to the D-10?

Thanks in advance.

I am very curious about this as well. I read on another board that someone was not able to get there exit allowance but will instead receive a 300,000 won settlement bonus because they are not turning in their ARC. I thought the D10 was the perfect option for me, but its looking like I will have to get all new documents after all. Evil or Very Mad. Does anyone know for sure?
Riddle

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2012 5:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I finally applied for my pension on a D-10 and it worked out. At one point, the guy at the office told me that I couldn't get it because my flight was round-trip and that I was planning to come back to work, but my girlfriend said (lied) that I hadn't gotten a job yet and didn't know if I would or not. He gave the go ahead and I picked up my lump-sum money in U.S. dollars at the airport. I'm now in America for 6 weeks and will come back to Korea before my D-10 expires. I definitely recommend having a Korean go with you if you apply for your pension on a D-10. I don't think they will give you any problems if you only have a one way ticket out of the country.

Good luck everybody.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> General Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: